• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

I think I might buy another copy of the game specifically for Gta Online. Usually multiplayer mode have visual compromises, and that plus the pop-in issues I'm having with the PSN version will just screw up my day.

7 am is a little disappointing but oh well, i'll be sleeping and play at 10 am during the nintendo direct.

would have stayed up til 3 am though :(

GafferGamgee

Neo Member
So MicroSOFT declined me a Gold Account again actually stating that

"if you have any further questions your financial institute would be the group to direct them too"

Funny that I just used the same card to re-up my PlaystationPlus account and brought an album on iTunes... they seemed to be fine with my financial institution...

So I will go buy a subscription card this week and a picture of it to microsoft along with a picture of the card i f**ken brought it with...

OTHERWISE... my body is ready for GTAOnline...

I wonder if Marsden's son will have dead eye ability...

INTERNET

SERIOUS BUSINESS
How do R* social club crews actually work? Is it a overlaid clan system like halo 2, or do you actually need to be xbl friends with crewmates to get in the same game?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
How do R* social club crews actually work? Is it a overlaid clan system like halo 2, or do you actually need to be xbl friends with crewmates to get in the same game?

To my understanding you do not have to be on each others friends list. First the game will pull from your friends list, next it will look for people in your crew, lastly they will dump you in with rocket spamming noob tube randoms.

INTERNET

SERIOUS BUSINESS
To my understanding you do not have to be on each others friends list. First the game will pull from your friends list, next it will look for people in your crew, lastly they will dump you in with rocket spamming noob tube randoms.
Sweet, I hope that works !

Grisby

Can't wait. Purposely held off exploring a lot of the world so I could do it with my own create-a-dude who I harbor no ill will toward.

Time to go biking off of mountains.

KAP151

The Ifruit and Social Club stuff has sketchy since launch... I really fear that GTAO is going to be a complete mess...

TxdoHawk

In GTA4, free roam was basically the only thing to do if you didn't want to play competitive stuff.

You could always be that dick in last place that piled cars up at a checkpoint in GTA Race and waited patiently with an RPG. :D

The Ifruit and Social Club stuff has sketchy since launch... I really fear that GTAO is going to be a complete mess...

Your fears are entirely justified. Financially, it's almost never worth ramping server-side stuff up enough for launch when the drop-off is so fast and sharp.

Future

Beat GTA V already. Why am I hyped like a school girl to play this as if it was brand new?

Some spoilers in that C&V Gta podcast, but goddam if that doesn't get you hyped

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Good luck! From the pictures, it looks like we're only going to be able to make fairly lean characters. I just hope the facial features are a little more distinct than what they've shown.
Yeah, I really hope we can chub them up a bit. It's gonna be a blast either way, but it'd be great to have some extensive body type customisation options in there.

Can't wait. Purposely held off exploring a lot of the world so I could do it with my own create-a-dude who I harbor no ill will toward.

Time to go biking off of mountains.

ive done the exact same thing. ive been hitting the story missions hard but rarely going off track knowing ill do all that online with friends!!!!

JackHerer

Hopefully the servers don't go down until later in the day when everyone is home from work/school. After I get to play a few hours.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure how psyched I am about your looks being defined by a combo of two characters. I thought we'd be able to define facial features ourselves. That Marsten offspring looks like some inbreeding was going on.

Next, you adjust a set of lifestyle variables which help determine your character’s appearance and starting stats. Decide how much sleep he/she gets, how much partying they indulge in, how much honest work versus illegal activity, and more. Essentially, you can adjust the genetics to wind up with a fresh faced lad or lass or a grizzled, haggard degenerate or anywhere in between! You’ll also be able to preview your end result in real time all throughout to ensure you’re satisfied before putting your character on a direct flight to LS. Of course, once you’re out and about in the open world, you can further customize your character with haircuts, clothing and accessories to suit your tastes.

It sounds like we'll have a fair bit of control, except it's handled by quirky "genetic" qualities rather than straight "nose height/eye size/number of chins" sliders.

Could be very wrong, though. Work can't end soon enough today...

Ive read that there is a passive mode that allows you to explore the city without being killed or being able to kill anyone else.

If i am in passive mode and i see some players trying to commit a robbery or some other job, will i be able to drive a car and slow them down or ram them off the road or will i just pass through them?

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
How can you fly the jumbo jets? I press triangle by them and nothing happens.

You need to be standing by the landing gear in the middle of the hull if I'm not mistaken.
Also, you can only pilot the ones sitting directly at a right-angle to you as you enter the airport from the Flight School entrance (one white, one yellow). You can't hijack the ones moving on the runway.

This kind of question should probably go in the original OT, btw. You'll find plenty of similar info there.

Simo

Ive read that there is a passive mode that allows you to explore the city without being killed or being able to kill anyone else.

If i am in passive mode and i see some players trying to commit a robbery or some other job, will i be able to drive a car and slow them down or ram them off the road or will i just pass through them?

Nah I believe you can obstruct them. Passive mode applies to that you won't be griefed and constantly gunned down until you aim your weapon.

I believe I read when Rockstar devs showed off GTAOnline and began an impromptu race that got interrupted when 2 other players came flying across the freeway with cop cars in tow for a chase and almost wiped out the racers.

You need to be standing by the landing gear in the middle of the hull if I'm not mistaken.
Also, you can only pilot the ones sitting directly at a right-angle to you as you enter the airport from the Flight School entrance (one white, one yellow). You can't hijack the ones moving on the runway.

This kind of question should probably go in the original OT, btw. You'll find plenty of similar info there.

Ok, thank you. I'll try that out next time.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
I hope there aint triplets and twins running around because of how you make the characters

There more than likely will be. From what I understand (Which could be completely wrong, mind you) - You can't customize your characters clothing until you make some cash. The characters you chose from are based off of a set number of "parents"

BTW- Hope to run into you folk online. I'll be repping "The WorkPLace" from the Halo days of old.
<3

Top Bottom