• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Am I going crazy or does the driving feel slightly tweaked compared to the single player?

Also races are goddamn ruthless. A massacre right at the start of crashes and assholes. They can be a lot of fun but I really dislike how the catchup thing is on by default, most lobbies don't seem to switch around and I can never find anyone when I make a lobby.

uLku8ZQ.png

Well my level 29 character just vanished. I'm not going back until they fix it.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I typically lock up when i do the jobs in circles, especially when i host. Have you tried invites from other players?

Haven't received any yet. Every time I try to host something (using the auto-invite option) it invites a bunch of GAF Family members, but of course nobody ever joins. So it's pretty much impossible for me to get anything done.

Haines

Banned
so we looking at a couple more weeks til things are stabalized?

second question, im trying to beat the sp before i go online...that should cover anything that could be spoiled for me online? aka im just trying to make sure i get the most out of the game before i go online.

Where is the fun to be had in this game? Missions are alright but they're just fetch-quests for shit money and all pretty much the same. Cops are SO annoying. I can't do anything mischievious or fun without havin to run away for the RIDICULOUSLY long amount of time it takes to lose one star.

Really disappointed there is no Cops N' Crooks and no way to just pick a gametype and play it only. It's impossible to get full LTS or Top Fun lobbies cuz everyone wants to replay the same "race" (bumper cars) over and over.

This game is okay and all, but I had way more fun in GTAIV (laughing my ass off having a great time) and I've giggled like once in GTAV. I don't know.

Marleyman

Banned
Just realized that spectate is damn cool. Watched guys racing w Weazel News graphic scrolling across the bottom about being "affiliated with GAF Street."

I wish if you have a stole police vehicle, you could help police chase players maybe get a small bonus...but something would have to be done about the white dot when they're hiding

Where is the fun to be had in this game? Missions are alright but they're just fetch-quests for shit money and all pretty much the same. Cops are SO annoying. I can't do anything mischievious or fun without havin to run away for the RIDICULOUSLY long amount of time it takes to lose one star.

Really disappointed there is no Cops N' Crooks and no way to just pick a gametype and play it only. It's impossible to get full LTS or Top Fun lobbies cuz everyone wants to replay the same "race" (bumper cars) over and over.

This game is okay and all, but I had way more fun in GTAIV (laughing my ass off having a great time) and I've giggled like once in GTAV. I don't know.

Be patient, there still is a lot more content to come over the coming weeks.

if you open your Inventory by holding Select, you can change your clothing. This actually helps you lose the cops faster.

Cops N Crooks is an idea I had as well, would of been awesome. And indeed, they need to get rid of the freakin dots, or atleast put in a way to get rid of your own dot somehow ( doesnt Lester have something like this? )

Trying to play this during the early evening seems so pointless right now. Cloud breaks down, takes forever to load. Just being stuck to playing during the late night/early morning is no fun

Pretty valid points tbh

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
if you open your Inventory by holding Select, you can change your clothing. This actually helps you lose the cops faster.

Cops N Crooks is an idea I had as well, would of been awesome. And indeed, they need to get rid of the freakin dots, or atleast put in a way to get rid of your own dot somehow ( doesnt Lester have something like this? )

Did some random cop and crook mission. Ended up as 1 on 1, with me being the crook (or crooked cop) having to go get the evidence off an A.I. cop, and the other guy as a cop trying to stop me.

Wonder how that mission works with more people.

BraXzy

I can't decide what car to buy. I'm wondering whether to go for the Audi R8 lookalike or save up for something like the Vacca. I wish there was a way to compare the car stats, is there?

Reign409

Neo Member
Did some random cop and crook mission. Ended up as 1 on 1, with me being the crook (or crooked cop) having to go get the evidence off an A.I. cop, and the other guy as a cop trying to stop me.

Wonder how that mission works with more people.
Played that mission a few times now. It turns into a big cluster f**k with both sides trying to kill each other and the cops just murdering everybody. Probably one of my more favorite missions.

This game can be fun, but at times it feels like no one wants to join anything. Everytime I try to start a race or a deathwatch I'm lucky to get like two people to join.

cdkee

Banned
This game can be fun, but at times it feels like no one wants to join anything. Everytime I try to start a race or a deathwatch I'm lucky to get like two people to join.

Are you in GAF Crew? Makes it so much easier. I've been playing with GAF for the past few hours and having a blast.

sn00zer

This game is hilarious to just go around killing people and stealing their cars.... lots of fun making up rivalries as you go

Wow the game has become epic.

Basically feels like the prior 10 hours were just BSing around learning the ropes, paying my dues

Now i am level 16, the missions are way more interesting (and pay more money eg often paying $9K) and because other players are similarly higher level, they also know the ropes,

so for example they use the honk horn standard and wait for fellow players.

so now, missions are too difficult to just not care, you actually have to use proper tactics. this makes the gameplay more co-operative and people have to use proper tactics, covering each other, covering exposed areas (when enemies appear for example), so the last mission felt like a heist mission like in HEAT with assault rifles (SMG but feels like AR) in the streets

I cant imagine this game at even higher levels and things like heists

bs000

Am I going crazy or does the driving feel slightly tweaked compared to the single player?

Also races are goddamn ruthless. A massacre right at the start of crashes and assholes. They can be a lot of fun but I really dislike how the catchup thing is on by default, most lobbies don't seem to switch around and I can never find anyone when I make a lobby.

Could just be that in single player your driving stat is maxed, and online your driving stat starts very low.

Does anyone know if increasing stats works the same way as single player?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Played that mission a few times now. It turns into a big cluster f**k with both sides trying to kill each other and the cops just murdering everybody. Probably one of my more favorite missions.

I managed to win that contest, because I manage to shoot the other player in the head while he was in his car, then grab the evidence, and lost the 3 star level cops by hiding in the golf course. By the time I lost the 3 star level, here comes the other player. Mad dash out of the golf course, and I manage to shoot back during the chase and kill him again.

I think took his car (dumping his dead body on the ground) and easily got to the final destination, and won.

GolazoDan

Played a whole bunch of races with a few GAFers tonight, probably about 3 hours in total. Not sure who's who, mind. deathpill was in it for ages with me, I know that much. The GTA Races are utterly ridiculous. Don't care so much for the helicopter races but cars and bikes, top stuff. Utter chaos ensues on the first few corners, it's kinda funny if you don't take these things too seriously.

I'm level 8 at the moment, hoping to do some more deathmatches tomorrow after this race night. Good fun!

breakfuss

Thankfully, I haven't lost my character but my car (that I incidentally spent lots of $$ customizing) just up and disappeared. I've reloaded several times, but... it's... gone. Sigh, *and it hurts with every heartbeat* :( Anyway, I see people are farming for money with "violent duct". If there's any open room, I'd love to join. I've been playing for hours and still can't seem to break 12k.

Top Bottom