• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Sadly, it will be easy to get money. Just give them $15 and you've got a million bucks. It's obvious to me that's how they've designed the economy

I am actually quite impressed how little money helps. I mean sure for stuff like a fancy apartment, fancy car etc. But for actual gameplay, if I lost my character I would be way more upset about having to re-level than the loss of money.

But I play the game to enjoy the missions, I dont care about having the fanciest apartment or cars etc.

As it is, I got around 10 hours online and right now I feel like I dont need any money, and if I did it would be perhaps $1-2 which I think is reasonable (Given the SP gave me over 40 hours already I got my money worth, and I intend replaying taking even more time soon)

Sadly, it will be easy to get money. Just give them $15 and you've got a million bucks. It's obvious to me that's how they've designed the economy

Money doesn't give any play to win advantages. You still have to level up to unlock weapons. People with money will have a better apartment at first. They will have faster cars to get to missions faster and to win races with custom vehicles. But none of that really affects the lower level people.

Man soo many people are expecting to be millionaires in a week. Relax folks you're two bit hoods and thugs not master theives like michael and trevor.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Ok, now that I'm trying to do my first (forced) job, nobody is joining. It's just dead. So, yeah, everything about this experience has been shit so far!

I actually like having to earn my money. I loved saving up and checking out apartments in my price range.

Ended up in a location I really like, and the apartment reminds me of the kinds of places I used to have back when I didnt have much money. This way I will like every new place I buy until I eventually end up with some kind of giant luxury house a long time down the road.

Would totally ruin things to just unlock the best available all the time, the way I play.

Tevious

Finally back online and I got Violent Duct from gerald. Can you still repeat it using the R2 trick?

[Edit} It does work. Been replaying this mission over and over with some guys.

I just shake my head at people who would do this. For me, part of the entire enjoyment of Online is starting with jack shit and working it up.

Exactly, I loved the Single Player but it meant you got the best stuff right from the start - first mission has you driving amazing fast sports cars (and its easy to steal them whenever you want) and you quickly end up in Michael's beautiful house. You also unlock good weapons rapidly doing story missions, especially since they made stuff like dates optional now vs GTA IV.

I had fun exploring the neighborhoods of the few apartments I could afford finding one I would like to live in (as if it was real life).

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Nothing works. Nothing at all. Yeah, I've successfully completed the first few tutorial missions, but now nobody will join my LTS game (which I have to complete in order to move shit forward, from my understanding). It's just completely dead.

Making the tutorials depend on other players joining might be the worst decision in the history of online gaming.

Metalmarc

image.jpg

GTA online : Reset Edition, out now haha

amoeba

Neo Member
Nothing works. Nothing at all. Yeah, I've successfully completed the first few tutorial missions, but now nobody will join my LTS game (which I have to complete in order to move shit forward, from my understanding). It's just completely dead.
In the past I've been able to hit O/B to back out of that mission screen, and the online progressed as normal.

I don't like farming missions. I feel like it sort of ruins the intended experience (and no, the intended experience isn't give R* money). As you progress in Rank you unlock more lucrative activities and missions. That's the whole idea, keep putting in work, ranking up, and eventually you'll be able to afford that house on the hills.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I've been out all evening but it doesn't look like I'm missing any GTA Online action eh?

DietRob

About to see if I can get on PS3 and if my character is still there.

So for PS3 have you just been suffering connection errors again all evening? I don't even want to boot up the online at this point anymore if that's the case.

BraXzy

It kinda sucks how with just one cash card bought from the store, you will be able to buy almost any car and the most expensive apartment. I wonder how much money you will be able to earn in the heist missions.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
So for PS3 have you just been suffering connection errors again all evening? I don't even want to boot up the online at this point anymore if that's the case.

I haven't even tried since around noon since everyone in the thread was saying it was still down. Everything was completely down, I think. I just got in now, though.

DietRob

I haven't even tried since around noon since everyone in the thread was saying it was still down. Everything was completely down, I think. I just got in now, though.

Maybe I'll give it a shot here after a while. I also tried a bit earlier in the afternoon and got a few solo missions done for Simeon. Then I left my ps3 on and forgot about it so now my controller is dead. Oops.

Send me a FR on psn and if I can get on later, after my controller charges we can farm some missions.

I'm disapointed with GTA Online.

The fact that there difference decripencies from story about controls, money is so retarded.

I have to upload my money to my backaacount via itnernet before I decide to quit, sto stupid

Trying to enjoy this, but even apart from the constant connection issues I'm having a hard time. Having to pay for everything just sucks the fun out of it. You die? Pay. Get caught by cops? Pay. Buy some shoes? Pay. Want a nice car? Pay. Want to keep your nice car? Pay. Car got destroyed? Pay. Passive Mode? Pay. Kill another player? You're a bad sport. Want a decent weapon? Grind and pay. Get killed by another player? Lose your non-banked money. No matter what you do, you will somehow get punished, either by having to pay a hefty fee, straight up losing money, having to pay ridiculous amounts of money (for most of the clothing options) or getting branded as a bad sport.

I would've loved to have had more freedom, or at least the ability to play it with friends without those stupid fees.

This is how I feel too.
I think R* really want players to spend real cash, on in-game money.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Maybe I'll give it a shot here after a while. I also tried a bit earlier in the afternoon and got a few solo missions done for Simeon. Then I left my ps3 on and forgot about it so now my controller is dead. Oops.

Send me a FR on psn and if I can get on later, after my controller charges we can farm some missions.

Alright, I sent a request. Not sure how late I'll be up, need to get up early tomorrow.

I actually like having to earn my money. I loved saving up and checking out apartments in my price range.

Ended up in a location I really like, and the apartment reminds me of the kinds of places I used to have back when I didnt have much money. This way I will like every new place I buy until I eventually end up with some kind of giant luxury house a long time down the road.

Would totally ruin things to just unlock the best available all the time, the way I play.
I'm with ya! I hope to get several months out of this. Ill buy an awesome apartment when they add and i pull off a heist. Plus im not robbing a jewlry store with an uzi, so i need at least to be able to buy an assault rifle.

Fuck you and your can not be stored in this garage bullshit. I did it anyway. Pro tip if you want a Crusader to store inside your garage if you manage to steal one, install a tracker and then leave it and go out to sea or somewhere that your mechanic can't reach and request to have it delivered with the Interaction Menu. He'll take it back to your garage.

Edit: Actually you have to be close to a road to apparently even use the function, so it seems like there are certain spots you can request from that he can't deliver to. I first tried it on the shipyard where you deliver the Import/Export vehicles, and I just got it again in the Santa Monica pier parking lot right next to the tunnel that goes underneath it.

Edit 2: A better option just seems to be to have him deliver another vehicle. It sends the Crusader back. Also seems like it's easy to duplicate vehicles with this Request Delivery stuff.

Kobalty

Looking for some people to play with cuz my mates have droped this game due to issues well talked about already in this thread.

PSN : Bloodfang-UK I have a mic would be great if you have one too :p

DoktorZaius

Neo Member
I haven't lost my character, but I did lose a 100k+ modded out car that I purchased an hour or so ago. So I'd recommend just banking everything for now and avoid risky purchases, until things are smoothed out.

XAL

Somebody wanna farm Violent Duct missions? let me know. psn: Biggz124

No more room on your list :O

my PSN is OHGODTHEBEES

Just got GTAO working so earning some cash would be niiiiiice

**good lord loading a mission takes a long time...how long should I wait before quitting out?

Top Bottom