• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

tranciful

Or they did and that is why it seems they made it difficult for those that would be griefers. Good job I say. The last thing Rockstar wants is the bulk of their player base having a horrible time. They'll stop playing and that snowballs. Then there is no one to buy anything. Give to much freedom and certain people will act like jerks and that will drive people away.

Griefers? Didn't know I wasn't supposed to steal cars and kill people in a game about stealing cars and killing people.

Tevious

I seem to be getting "You were kicked" message quite a lot when in free roam.

I had this a few times too, and I'm not sure it was really other people. I don't recall ever getting a message prior that someone was trying to kick me and I wasn't doing anything to provoke it either.

akaoni

Banned
I'm envious other people had better experience with the Free Aim, it makes me feel dirty with aimbot on. It's like playing a dead game in terms of finding players on my end, the difference is that grotesque.

Moment of truth, made my new character, hopefully she isn't ugly. The Char creator and in-game look so different!

Just a shame they don't have longer hairstyles

The GAF crew jerking it while somebody was sleeping. My sides hurt so much right now. Good time tonight gentlemen. I added some of you and I know I missed a bunch, but hopefully we'll all play again soon. Shit was way too fun. Night GAF!

0_0.jpg

Lol that was so funny. That's me with my back turned.

I'm envious other people had better experience with the Free Aim, it makes me feel dirty with aimbot on. It's like playing a dead game in terms of finding players on my end, the difference is that grotesque.

The bright side of playing on assisted aim servers is that if you're good at doing drivebys, you're better than most playing with you.

Now that I've been farming Violent Duct, man do I see how broken it is. I've made over double in an hour or two playing this than I had over 15+ hours playing normally. Jesus.

The bright side of playing on assisted aim servers is that if you're good at doing drivebys, you're better than most playing with you.

Now that I've been farming Violent Duct, man do I see how broken it is. I've made over double in an hour or two playing this than I had over 15+ hours playing normally. Jesus.

Shoot me a invite, I just made a new character. need $ and levels

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
wow you can cheese that rank 15 survival mission pretty good me and a friend were getting over 13k each run from it and a bunch of RP

Qwell

Yah but the question is, is the mission broken, or is the fact that Rockstar so stingy with cash and other missions of this kind of caliber the broken part?

Its grand theft auto, you shouldn't be heavily penalized for being a criminal.
You're being penalized for being a dying. Los santos doctors are among the best in the world they help you out after being shot, stabbed, blown up, burnt, walk into a proppeller, ran over, falling from great heights. All for the low, low price of $2,000. It's cheap. You'll get no sympathy from me.

I nearly died laughing when we crammed 6 people in the shower.

I unlocked the assault rifle for lobby play. I downed to chopters that tried to screw me.

Shoot me a invite, I just made a new character. need $ and levels

Would if I could, but a) we're already full and b) we're doing the like + r2/RT method of restarting, no lobby to invite from anyway.

And I JUST NOW realized why R* got rid of crouching. Prevent teabagging.

Yah but the question is, is the mission broken, or is the fact that Rockstar so stingy with cash and other missions of this kind of caliber the broken part?

A little of both. What they should do is pay proportionally to difficulty and rebalance, but not take out replaying missions. Violent Duct and other of its ilk should pay maybe 4k. Reward and difficulty should go up as the missions get unlocked by higher rank. As of now it seems random almost.

Just got done playing with Spine-Ripper and ViciousDS and a couple other guys, we had a great time. We decided to have a little photo op in Vicious's apt.
0_0.jpg

Yup mike here with black shirt! Gaf logo on the back , awesome night playing assassins,jelly,quint, and others as well seems like the beginning of great stuff

Just started to dabble in the online and I think I like it. Had a couple little neat moments that stood out. One was when I saw a player nearby and I drove up honking my horn. He hopped in my car and was apparently running from the cops. I lost them and then dropped him off. A tiny moment, but I liked how it all played out. Must have been pretty fun from his perspective.

Then something weird happened. I pulled over and was looking at my phone when a duplicate of my car sped directly towards me and did a perfect 180 landing parallel to my car. I thought it was another player, but it was empty. Weird.

Now, I've heard there was one mission that really helped you out. Which one was it? And how do I sell cars?

Bought a Coil Voltic while hiding out at home, and sped out of the garage while the rest of the session was fighting amongst themselves in front of the building. Made my way to the helicopter, flew out to the tallest building where I was attacked by several other player choppers, fought them off and then flew out to the military base where I parachuted in and am now flying around in the safety of a fighter jet. Just give up guys. ;p

Just started to dabble in the online and I think I like it. Had a couple little neat moments that stood out. One was when I saw a player nearby and I drove up honking my horn. He hopped in my car and was apparently running from the cops. I lost them and then dropped him off. A tiny moment, but I liked how it all played out. Must have been pretty fun from his perspective.

Then something weird happened. I pulled over and was looking at my phone when a duplicate of my car sped directly towards me and did a perfect 180 landing parallel to my car. I thought it was another player, but it was empty. Weird.

Now, I've heard there was one mission that really helped you out. Which one was it? And how do I sell cars?

Go to the customs shop, beware tho high end cars not allowed and there's a time limit of how many cars u can sell

Dmax3901

I can see the potential for lots of fun, but until I can somehow get into a Gaf crew or track down a whole bunch of gaffers to add as friends I don't think I'll be playing much of this, depends too much on organisation and working together and when all you have is a bunch of randoms, it just doesn't work.

I can see the potential for lots of fun, but until I can somehow get into a Gaf crew or track down a whole bunch of gaffers to add as friends I don't think I'll be playing much of this, depends too much on organisation and working together and when all you have is a bunch of randoms, it just doesn't work.

Ahh, I don't think it's that way necessarily. Starting missions with random people, 90+% of the time they're going to work towards the objective. Make friends with the people you meet during missions or who aren't dicks during free roam. Be an utterly violent malcontent towards anyone who gives you the sideeye, or flee. It's its own kind of fun.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
dsGEecq.png

Another picture of strange things going on in that danky shower.

Kept trying at various people in the crew, until I lucked into a server with 7 or 8. Might have ballooned up from there. After the apartment host left, we left, and then most of the group must have left for the night. I know me, Quint, Bob, and Mike continued some hijinks for a bit.

GavinGT

Banned
As for me, my level 20 character has been deleted/inaccessable all day. (360)

Has anyone has had any luck recovering?

Mine was gone this morning but is back now. I'm curious: did you start a new character after your old one disappeared? Because the last time I did that, my old one never came back.

Is anyone else terrified about losing another character? I don't know why I'm investing so much hope on it not happening, but it's that whole fool me once adage...

RotBot

Fun times climbing Mt. Chiliad with NGAF PS3 crew. It's a shame the flatbed truck didn't have enough juice to get up there.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

I've gotten so bored from the monotony of grinding Violent Duct that I've tried to find new and exciting ways of killing the enemy. Right now my favorite technique is suicide car bomb with a grenade.

Qwell

I've gotten so bored from the monotony of grinding Violent Duct that I've tried to find new and exciting ways of killing the enemy. Right now my favorite technique is suicide car bomb with a grenade.

Yes I noticed that, I'm just about done grinding, was thinking of sticking around till $550k or something for the best apt, but i think i'm good with the 250k one I understand the only difference is the view.

Yup mike here with black shirt! Gaf logo on the back , awesome night playing assassins,jelly,quint, and others as well seems like the beginning of great stuff

Looks like I missed out by getting to the apartment too late. I'm MrJellyBean btw. As soon as I pulled up to the apartment most everyone disconnected from the room. That was best session I've had so far and it's definitely a the start of something great. If the heists are done well, those will be awesome.

The crew stuff makes it so easy to get into a game with GAFers and I hope WhatRobEats keeps the crew up to date with active members. Being in a really active crew makes the online so much fun. You're always getting invites to missions/jobs and it's nice playing with people who aren't assholes. Get in one of the crews if you're not in one yet.

Oh my god trying to take a busted High Profile vehicle for Simeon. Spent 40 damn minutes fighting 3 other players for it. I took it, but busted it up shooting the guy out of it. Spent so long driving a broken slow car 3 miles to a custom to fix it. Paid $1000 to fix it, killing/dying 10 times in the process. Drive the fixed car to Simeon, busting it AGAIN fighting the same 3 players. Again dying 3 times, but killing them at least 10 times. FINALLY get it to Simeon, and only get $4000 for it.

I lost $20000 in HealthCare bills from dying on this... ugh. Never going for this again. >_<

Top Bottom