• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Theecliff

Banned
Got it working last night after a long period where the servers were down (UK PS3) and had an absolute blast with my friends. When this actually works, it's damned good. All I'm looking for now is a few more things to do in free roam, so hopefully they keep a steady stream of new content coming.

One thing I'm not impressed with is the prices of everything online, though (no doubt due to microtransactions). Did several matches, robberies and races last night and still can't afford anything substantial yet.

Edit: Quick question, can I own more than one vehicle without a garage? Found a really nice car and want to put a tracker and insurance on it, but I don't want to replace my other car.

Kane1345

Got it working last night after a long period where the servers were down (UK PS3) and had an absolute blast with my friends. When this actually works, it's damned good. All I'm looking for now is a few more things to do in free roam, so hopefully they keep a steady stream of new content coming.

One thing I'm not impressed with is the prices of everything online, though (no doubt due to microtransactions). Did several matches, robberies and races last night and still can't afford anything substantial yet.

Remember to sell cars as well (especially SUV's) for an added daily boost of around 9k :)

Ooooh. Okay thanks, I'll try that out the next time. The interface is really bad. :(
No problem. And yes, it's messy.

Game is a blast when it works though. I was playing with a GAFer earlier and we spotted a bounty a block away, so we speed up the block only to find him entering his apartment door. So, I plant a sticky bomb at the entrance and drive a block away, zoom out the map and waited for his blip to move. About 30 seconds later it did... pressed left on the dpad and boom, bounty collected.
Bet he wish he stayed inside watching TV. Lol

Ding-Ding

nGjM8rH.jpg

Please help people.

So I was enjoying myself playing last night and all of sudden I was apparently "kicked out by other players"? I was on a nice store-robbing streak but at that point I got pissed off and quit. Was it actually other players kicking me out or some sort of server failure?

Also, do you get bad sport points if you quit a mission when you're out of lives?

Ricitor

So started another character in the second slot still holding hope my original will come back

it wont

but have they removed the helicopters? I've gone up and down and none spawned in any of the old locations.

duckroll

Got a 230k apartment with a 10-car garage, claimed my free Elegy from Legendary Motors, stole an Ocelot and claimed it for myself, bought a nice bicycle. I feel a bit more complete now. :)

Z0vr9dQ.jpg

F5fVVkF.jpg

J4g3r

Has Violent Duct been nerfed with less money?

I've been replaying "No Hay Bronca" constantly for the $9000 payout, pretty quick to finish too.

Raxious

For those who don't have access to Violent Duct yet, do Death Metal. It gives 3k cash and 1k RP. Takes about 3 minutes to clear.

I was kicked too. Don't know how that works. Reckoned it was the guy I was chasing thinking I was out to get him, cause I was miles away from anyone prior to that. But then it'd be real stupid if one vote's enough to kick people. Didn't see no vote or anything being initiated though.

A player character with a bounty on his head.
Oh. Probably should've collected the bounty on the guy who thought he was ambushing me outside the store I was robbing then.

Such a cool experience last night had an 1k bounty on my head. Some guy tried to kill me failed twice. Tried again he failed, i stole his car and destroyed it with an grenade had some laughs. Then i get an higher bounty on my head two guys from the same crew where playing bounty hunters i guess. They were in an army heli they got my first then i respawned took out the gunner then the pilot and saw their heli fall down and explode.
Dem feels of being pissed hoped they bought the chopper and not insured it..

/Felt so alpha and expendables like... :)

Has Violent Duct been nerfed with less money?

I've been replaying "No Hay Bronca" constantly for the $9000 payout, pretty quick to finish too.

Pretty cool mission easy to redo shame destroying cars take like an eternity without explosions.

JCtheMC

Although i don't like exploiting games i do feel kinda stupid for not farming those 9k missions... Spent most of the weekend basically grinding away, and i still only have 125k to my name after about 20 hours of play. Ofcourse, not finding about selling cars until hour 17 or so didn't help. Survival mode seems like a good way to rack up cash, but you need a couple of decent players to really make a lot and to offset the ammo costs. I usually do well in DM/TDM, and even with conservative betting ($100/$200 a round) i still rake in nice amounts of cash.

My experience has been good mostly though, i got kicked from a job lobby once, and I've had to restart the game about 3 or 4 times after a job ending and going back to freemode. Also, i was caught in that PS3 server outage on saturday. I did lose the car you get in the tutorial fairly quickly, and went around in stolen cars until i wanted to shell out cash for a tracker and insurance on an M5. I also lost the MP5 i bought, for some strange reason. Haven't gone back to Ammu-Nation to re-buy it though, my silenced .50 pistol is waaaay too efficient in DM/TDM.

And apologies to that random NGTT member i fragged for the 5k bounty on his head.

Ps. Has anyone done any "big jobs" for Lester? I received a text from him instructing me to get an apartment so i could access them, but i haven't gotten that far yet.

Kane1345

Oh, how do I do that? I might have not been paying attention if the game's told me. Can you only do that after you're a certain level or something?

Just steal an SUV and take it to Los Santos customs and the sell option will appear. Can only do it once per in game day. You can do it when you get into free roam mode after the tutorial I think

KAP151

Spend a shit load on ammo/grendaes and deaths tonight.

Some of the best fun Ive had. Chopper + Sniper Rifle = fun times.

I took on another crew 4 on 1 that were having a beach party. Came out pretty even.

JCtheMC

Just steal an SUV and take it to Los Santos customs and the sell option will appear. Can only do it once per in game day. You can do it when you get into free roam mode after the tutorial I think

There's a convertible that will pay out 9k if you sell it. The Ubermacht sedan (BMW 5/7 series) will pay out about 8k.

GetemMa

I really thought GTA V Online was really going to stretch the amount of time I would play the game.

After finally getting online for several hours, I can safely say it will not.

Rockstar's MP efforts still don't work for me and it is because it's core gameplay ranges from okay to bad, which can totally work in a specially crafted single player environment but in MP it is an unsatisfying mess.

It's a mediocre racing game and it's a really bad 3rd person shooter, like really bad.

The fact that all of these things are pushed together in one MP setting is admirable, but it doesn't make the moment to moment MP gameplay satisfying.

I love GTA V. My GOTY so far, but all core gameplay problems don't work in a competitive environment.

KAP151

The Escalade ripoff nets you 9k if in mint cond. They are easy to find as well.

QP3

I really thought GTA V Online was really going to stretch the amount of time I would play the game.

After finally getting online for several hours, I can safely say it will not.

Rockstar's MP efforts still don't work for me and it is because it's core gameplay ranges from okay to bad, which can totally work in a specially crafted single player environment but in MP it is an unsatisfying mess.

It's a mediocre racing game and it's a really bad 3rd person shooter, like really bad.

The fact that all of these things are pushed together in one MP setting is admirable, but it doesn't make the moment to moment MP gameplay satisfying.

I love GTA V. My GOTY so far, but all core gameplay problems don't work in a competitive environment.

I am coming to the same feeling. The coolest thing about online would just be the interaction, buying apartments, cars, etc. The actual gameplay for me is meh.

Still love the single player, and the online has some really cool ideas, but just not hitting it for me.

DogMeat77

There's a convertible that will pay out 9k if you sell it. The Ubermacht sedan (BMW 5/7 series) will pay out about 8k.

Here are the best cars to sell:
Lampadati Felon GT – $9,500
Lampadati Felon – $9,000
Lampadati Felon in GTA 5Lampadati Felon GT – $9,500
Lampadati Felon – $9,000
Albany Cavalcade (Modern) – $9,000
Gallivanter Baller - $9,000
Obey Rocoto – $8,500
Ocelot F620 – $8,000
Ubermacht Oracle – $8,000
Benefactor Dubsta – $7,000
Ubermacht Zion – $6,500
Ubermacht Zion Cabrio – $6,500
Benefactor Schafter – $6,500
Ocelot Jackal – $6,000
Benefactor Serrano – $6,000
Dundreary Landstalker – $5 800
Fathom FQ 2 – $5,000
Mammoth Patriot – $5,000
Obey Rocoto – $8,500
Ocelot F620 – $8,000
Ubermacht Zion – $6,500
Ocelot Jackal – $6,000
Fathom FQ 2 – $5,000
Mammoth Patriot – $5,000

I've found a pretty quick way to do it involving throwing grenades over the fences. :D

Yeah is what i am doing right now.
Just spend 1k getting nades and be done with it still 8k profit..
Shame that when quick restarting you cant rebuy ammo so after x amount of plays you have to visit in mission ammu nation :p

Sectus

Is there more variety in the coop mission design later on?

I'm rank 9 or 10 right now and all the coop missions so far have been steal a moving car, or kill some guys in one area and then steal drugs/car. It's starting to feel rather repetitive. I haven't had any fun with any competitive stuff so far, so I'm just focusing on the coop missions.

J4g3r

Lampadati Felon – $9,000
Lampadati Felon – $9,000
Obey Rocoto – $8,500
Ocelot F620 – $8,000
Ubermacht Zion – $6,500
Ocelot Jackal – $6,000
Fathom FQ 2 – $5,000
Mammoth Patriot – $5,000
Obey Rocoto – $8,500
Ocelot F620 – $8,000
Ubermacht Zion – $6,500
Ocelot Jackal – $6,000
Fathom FQ 2 – $5,000
Mammoth Patriot – $5,000

Are you sure this list is accurate? I've been getting between $8000 and $9000 for a Landstalker. More than $5000 for a Mammoth Patriot too.

Theecliff

Banned
Lampadati Felon – $9,000
Lampadati Felon – $9,000
Obey Rocoto – $8,500
Ocelot F620 – $8,000
Ubermacht Zion – $6,500
Ocelot Jackal – $6,000
Fathom FQ 2 – $5,000
Mammoth Patriot – $5,000
Obey Rocoto – $8,500
Ocelot F620 – $8,000
Ubermacht Zion – $6,500
Ocelot Jackal – $6,000
Fathom FQ 2 – $5,000
Mammoth Patriot – $5,000
Thanks for this list! I vaguely remember seeing a cutscene from Simeon that might have been about selling cars but I wasn't paying attention, so didn't event realise that you could do this!

Reign409

Neo Member
Rockstar Support Page said:
We have received reports from some players who experienced losing characters, progress, items, and/or in-game cash during the first few days after release. We are working diligently to identify and correct the causes for these losses, as well as to establish how best to restore any lost progress and value.
I'd really like my level 16 character that disappeared when the patch went live.

daffy

Banned
HnNJ4vT.jpg

:)))))

This game is so fun. I think its the best multiplayer experience I've had this year!! Finally bought my shithole apartment this morning.

DogMeat77

HnNJ4vT.jpg

:)))))

This game is so fun. I think its the best multiplayer experience I've had this year!! Finally bought my shithole apartment this morning.

LOL sweet. I love the bike picture.

I have enough money for the most expensive property but I am too scared to buy it until things are fixed lol. It seems I have really bad luck with player deletion so I figure I'll just wait before I blow all my money and end up missing everything.

It has been well over 24 hours and my character is still missing, I don't even want to risk it by making a new one so basically my weekend of GTA has been ruined. :(

Mik2121

I'm making a kid cry in this game...

Two kids speaking incredibly loud all the time, I chased them down and started to kill one of them all the time. Now they're hiding in some building, and I keep shooting one bullet at them every once in a bit, and they both scream lol!

Top Bottom