• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Grinchy

Banned
Damn so when this online shit actually works, it's pretty awesome. A few friends own the game and we started up a crew. We had some connection issues but there is a lot of cool shit going on with this.

Qwell

Fun times farming Violent Duct tonight folks, bought the 400k apt, my first property and finally unlocked the AK47. Now time to just roam around and enjoy the spoils.

Astery

any PS3 GAF crew I could join? I have mic and all that, not keen on killing each other in the world. My ID is the same as here.

KAP151

Anyone know how to replay Violent Duct since they patched it?

Was in 2 groups today where it repeats automatically (as soon as you finish, it loads another straight away, no menu screens or anything). Im guessing its a bug that can be exploited.

breakfuss

Was in 2 groups today where it repeats automatically (as soon as you finish, it loads another straight away, no menu screens or anything). Im guessing its a bug that can be exploited.

This, please. Can someone explain so I know what to do when it finally comes up.

Kajiba

At the end menu when you finish the mission where it says to continue/like/dislike you hit RESTART instead. It goes right back to the mission to play it again. You need atleast two people to hit restart to get back in it though.

I just got kicked from a free roam for the first time for being too awesome. Man, I hope that doesn't give you a Bad Sport rating. I've already blown up like 4 personal vehicles, all by accident.

Onemic

GTA online would be so much better if people actually joined jobs. 95% of the time that I host or join a room the max number of people that play the job are only 1-2. Out of all the jobs Ive done only 1 had more than 3 people.

ViviOggi

My level 16 character's been gone for two days now and I don't feel like starting from scratch. Any news from Rockstar? Although I doubt they'll recover everything that was lost over the week anyway.

In regards to the farming if everyone/majority likes it you are given the option to instant replay the mission.

In this way you can farm it but you cannot stock up on munitions. (however there is a ammunation near the mission start point where you can load up)

The prior method of replaying the mission has been eliminated.

Sadly I have not come across anyone playing the mission yet. On the plus side I had a great deal of fun playing with fellow gaffer Hans in parachute missions.

Taker34

Banned
This, please. Can someone explain so I know what to do when it finally comes up.

When the mission ends press like/dislike whatever and do not press A or X (Xbox/PS3), you have to press RT/R2 instead! You don't want to reach that screen where you can choose other missions. Then you should instantly replay the mission, which isn't a bug or glicht as far as I know.

cdkee

Banned
I had so much fun playing with GAF earlier tonight. More fun than I've had playing any game in a long, long time.

Here's to hoping this guy and his crappy 87k apartment is still around tomorrow.

0_0.jpg

Data Ghost

just requested an invite to GAF Street via the social club. I really need to join a crew, my solo adventures don't get me very far :/

breakfuss

When the mission ends press like/dislike whatever and do not press A or X (Xbox/PS3), you have to press RT/R2 instead! You don't want to reach that screen where you can choose other missions. Then you should instantly replay the mission, which isn't a bug or glicht as far as I know.

Ok, thanks. Simple enough.

Yep, made over 700k these last two days. check out my apartment in the PS3 thread. :)

Ugh, must you torture us? At level 9 currently so hopefully it won't be much longer before I can do it. I'll make sure to post here when it open for me.

duckroll

Rockstar really needs to patch a working party system into the game. It sucks when you're playing with friends and get separated into different sessions and there's no way to specifically invite people into your session. The whole thing is just contrived.

how does one unlock this mission?

Get to Rank 15 and keep calling Gerald until he gives you an invite into VIOLENT DUCT. Lol.

Walshicus

Rockstar really needs to patch a working party system into the game. It sucks when you're playing with friends and get separated into different sessions and there's no way to specifically invite people into your session. The whole thing is just contrived.

Definitely. 100% this. It's inconvenient with two people, tricky with three and probably a nightmare with any more than this.

Man, when you have lots of rep and cash, you can become godlike in the free roam and I assume deathmatch as well. This game is very heavily balance towards the high levels, that much is clear.

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs

Related to this, is anyone having problems playing on same team with their crew in team deathmatch?
Even with team balancing set to off, my crew mate will almost always go on the other team. Very annoying.

duckroll

Related to this, is anyone having problems playing on same team with their crew in team deathmatch?
Even with team balancing set to off, my crew mate will almost always go on the other team. Very annoying.

That's just how it is. Rockstar's experience with online interfaces is just fucking awful. :(

As long as they've completed the tutorial then you can invite them to your session through the Friends menu.

duckroll

As long as they've completed the tutorial then you can invite them to your session through the Friends menu.

How? I don't see the option anywhere. In the Online section of the pause menu, I can choose to join a session with "friends" or "crew" but not specific people, and it always fails anyway since all sessions are usually full. In the phone menu you can only view friend's profiles.

How? I don't see the option anywhere. In the Online section of the pause menu, I can choose to join a session with "friends" or "crew" but not specific people, and it always fails anyway since all sessions are usually full. In the phone menu you can only view friend's profiles.
Not the Online menu, the Friends menu - it's to the right of the Online menu. Press X/A on the friend you want and it will give you a few options including Join Game and Invite.

jediyoshi

Like in freeroam or the lobby of an event? There's a pretty wild amount of options for filtering and inviting between crew and friends and limiting who or what can join when and where, especially when starting up a new session.

Top Bottom