• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

I'm making a kid cry in this game...

Two kids speaking incredibly loud all the time, I chased them down and started to kill one of them all the time. Now they're hiding in some building, and I keep shooting one bullet at them every once in a bit, and they both scream lol!
Extort some money out of them.

Two kids speaking incredibly loud all the time, I chased them down and started to kill one of them all the time. Now they're hiding in some building, and I keep shooting one bullet at them every once in a bit, and they both scream lol!

I did a mission with one whiny asshole, who wouldn't let me in the passenger side of his car on the way to the mission. So I smashed into him on the way when I stole another car. Then when we got there, he tried to run me over, but stupidly left the job unfinished, choosing to take cover from the enemies ahead. So I returned the favour, and he died just as the team had run out of its single life, condemning him to spectator mode. He whined a bit more, then left.

DogMeat77

It has been well over 24 hours and my character is still missing, I don't even want to risk it by making a new one so basically my weekend of GTA has been ruined. :(

Yeah if your bank money is showing but the character is still gone and gone on the social club stats, I assume it is gone. I think I'm on my fifth or so character just trying to stack those dollars for when characters are actually stable and safe.

tumblr_lzlp9wZJbX1r236yno1_500.gif

tehPete

Banned

Start shouting down the mic to get the attention of their parents, then have a go at the parents for buying 18-rated content for minors?

KoyukiNL

Neo Member
Ok lost my character about 13-15 hours ago, but when I go to the character select screen there is a spinning wheel in the right hand corner that doesn't stop. Does this mean it's trying to load something, but can't? Any of you guys have the same?

cormack12

Gold Member
How do you start 'missions' online. I've been invited to a few but can't find out how to start any. I can see DM and races on the map and I am rank 7 at the moment.

I've phoned Lamarr etc but they say come back when x is unlocked.

So catchup in Races is really powerful. I don't think it's nearly as effective as 2 people properly slipstreaming off each other, though. The problem is that no one seems to think strategically at all and wrecks anyone who comes close, even when letting them get out in front to slipstream off of them when you're behind is the best idea possible.

duckroll

I like how Rockstar "Support" immediately closes requests about missing characters without any comment whatsoever

They already said they're working on figuring out how to either restore the missing stuff/characters or to reimburse people who have lost properties or characters. At this point I'm not sure what else they can do.

JCtheMC

So catchup in Races is really powerful. I don't think it's nearly as effective as 2 people properly slipstreaming off each other, though. The problem is that no one seems to think strategically at all and wrecks anyone who comes close, even when letting them get out in front to slipstream off of them when you're behind is the best idea possible.

This is why i'm not going to race with randoms anymore.

Just so people don't fall into the same bug I did.

When you go to buy the first mask, make sure you also "buy" the FREE No Mask item. Otherwise you can't remove the mask.

Also another bug my car just appeared infront of me all of the sudden... but I was already driving it.

0_0.jpg

ViviOggi

They already said they're working on figuring out how to either restore the missing stuff/characters or to reimburse people who have lost properties or characters. At this point I'm not sure what else they can do.

Any half-decent support would respond with a prewritten message linking to the latest public statement or at least leave the request open until a solution is found. I don't see the point in employing people just to mark unresolved requests as solved as quickly as possible.

Got a 230k apartment with a 10-car garage, claimed my free Elegy from Legendary Motors, stole an Ocelot and claimed it for myself, bought a nice bicycle. I feel a bit more complete now. :)

Z0vr9dQ.jpg

F5fVVkF.jpg

your garage is like mine but i bought the 400K apartment so does that mean all the 10

cars garage are the same ? and the 2 cars are also the same ? + can you post some pictures of

your apartment ? i might change mine because of the view

duckroll

Any half-decent support would respond with a prewritten message linking to the latest public statement or at least leave the request open until a solution is found. I don't see the point in employing people just to mark unresolved requests as solved as quickly as possible.

They were doing exactly that previously though. Maybe there are just too many of such tickets now and they're overwhelmed. The entire launch has been a bit of a disaster really, so the support side starting to crack isn't too surprising either.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

But wrecking any one who comes close IS my strategy!

Note to self: must make sure battle plans are more secure.

ViviOggi

They were doing exactly that previously though. Maybe there are just too many of such tickets now and they're overwhelmed. The entire launch has been a bit of a disaster really, so the support side starting to crack isn't too surprising either.

I can see that, it's still bad practice though.

€: Oh well, I just saw that a response actually came in via e-mail and not the ticket itself. My bad, support handled this fine.

w2000

This is why i'm not going to race with randoms anymore.

Just did the first race with 6 other people and they kept trying to wreck me. If they try to fish tail you, turn in the opposite direction than the one you are spinning out and then turn back and you will stabilize. Had 4 people try that and only hurt themselves and I won the race lol.

jsnepo

Just so people don't fall into the same bug I did.

When you go to buy the first mask, make sure you also "buy" the FREE No Mask item. Otherwise you can't remove the mask.

Also another bug my car just appeared infront of me all of the sudden... but I was already driving it.

0_0.jpg

Same thing happened to me. It even showed in the mini map.

tehPete

Banned
..so the support side starting to crack isn't too surprising either.

Yup; lets face it, the huge majority of people online will be paying attention to their press releases - I know if I was faced with even a few thousand tickets (the actual number will probably be much, much greater) on the same issue, that's to be addressed in an coming update, I'd mark them as resolved just to get to those reports of issues that aren't already being addressed. I'd say that's a support service doing the best it can tbh.

daffy

Banned
LOL sweet. I love the bike picture.

I have enough money for the most expensive property but I am too scared to buy it until things are fixed lol. It seems I have really bad luck with player deletion so I figure I'll just wait before I blow all my money and end up missing everything.
I really debated whether or not I should buy the place but I just decided since I haven't had any trouble since the last patch I may as well. Plus I really wanted another set of wheels! :)

Lisker

Yeah if your bank money is showing but the character is still gone and gone on the social club stats, I assume it is gone. I think I'm on my fifth or so character just trying to stack those dollars for when characters are actually stable and safe.

tumblr_lzlp9wZJbX1r236yno1_500.gif

Yep 6th one gone for me as well. lvl 16 an apartment 2 cars and about 3 days worth gone. I don't really have enough time to bother with this bullshit. During the week I have work and other shit that has priority so I cannot keep up with making new chars and waste my time.

I'll sell it to my nephew, he'll enjoy the game but for me it has sadly been ruined by all this.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Man, I need to do some missions with some Gaffers instwead of just races with randoms. I jump between a couple of Gaf crews but no luck.

shield

As many have already said, when this game works it's amazing. Yesterday 4 of us were in a car when the big helicopter with a hook came along and picked us up, then flew us around really high until we went plummeting all the way back down again. Can't see that happening in single player.

Marbles

Lost my level 14 character last night. Just submitted a support ticket, a waste of time I know, but an angry rant made me feel slighty better.

Eusis

Are there heists later on in MP, and do missions significantly change up? I liked the idea of doing those heists and having a more intricate mission, but if it's just "off dudes, grab Item, return" then I may bail sooner than later.

Ding-Ding

When they said reimburse, did they just mean money or RP as well (if you know as I haven't seen them mention it). I still have 50k left but without the required level its pretty pointless. Crap weapons, little to no armour but a 2k plus hospital bill every time you die in freeroam.

Not to mention that at lvl 19 the missions were starting to get interesting but now im back to the same old missions that I feel I have done hundreds of times

Are there bank heists later on in MP, and do missions significantly change up? I liked the idea of doing those heists and having a more intricate mission, but if it's just "off dudes, grab Item, return" then I may bail sooner than later.

It's just that for now. Heits will be updated later supposedly.

ViviOggi

Are there bank heists later on in MP, and do missions significantly change up? I liked the idea of doing those heists and having a more intricate mission, but if it's just "off dudes, grab Item, return" then I may bail sooner than later.

Heists aren't in the game yet. No idea about the later PvE missions as my only decently ranked character is still in limbo.

This might sound odd, but does anyone own the Richards Majestic Apartment? If so what is the view like? Does it overlook the movie studio? Any chance someone could post pics? The movie studio seems close enough that you could probably see the AI do its thing.

GQman2121

Banned
I had this son of a bitch go into Passive Mode, making it impossible to attack him on foot. He then tries to stab me while I'm taking down Gang Members in a Gang Attack mission, but because he's in Passive mode, he can't hit me--I ignore him and keep killing the AI.

After the mission ends he's able to pull a shotgun out and blow my brains out at close range. He's able to do this because he turns off Passive mode and I took my guard down.

Passive mode is stupid. If you don't want to play with others, go into Solo and fuck around. All Passive mode does is encourage dickish behavior, which is rampant with people who have no interest in making and retaining $$$.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I had this son of a bitch go into Passive Mode, making it impossible to attack him on foot. He then tries to stab me while I'm taking down Gang Members in a Gang Attack mission, but because he's in Passive mode, he can't hit me--I ignore him and keep killing the AI.

After the mission ends he's able to pull a shotgun out and blow my brains out at close range. He's able to do this because he turns off Passive mode and I took my guard down.

Passive mode is stupid. If you don't want to play with others, go into Solo and fuck around. All Passive mode does is encourage dickish behavior, which is rampant with people who have no interest in making and retaining $$$.

Actually, I'm pretty sure you just can't attack anyone during a gang attack mission. They had a guy trying to kill me run into one I was doing and he didn't have passive mode on, but I couldn't shoot him when I tried. I had to wait till I killed all the gang members before I could blow his head off with my shotgun.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Sooo, I'm lvl 15 now, but Gerald still only offers 3 different missions. Been calling him for the past hour.

Just need to be lucky enough to get violent duct. I didn't get in for an hour last night, but before that I got it in one call, just varies.

yeah my character is still gone, havent made another in slot 1 where he used to be so we will see. Hell by the time that one comes back my new one will be rank 10 anyway lol. Atleast they keep the money around, that's helpful atleast.

All kinds of glitches last night though. Cars disappearing all over. Missions not activating. Tried to purchase a garage ( im in social club so shouldn't it be free for one of em? ) but it would never activate the choice to purchase. List goes on.

Had fun racing with some of the crew though.

The problem isn't with passive mode. The problem is that guy is a dick. And dicks online will always find a way to be dicks online.

I play in passive mode because I'm into the co op and running around with people being silly part of GTA online, not the random griefing.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies

I don't think people should have to play in solo, I think there should just be a simple no killing other players free roam mode. Passive is quite obviously broken for a number of reasons, it should have really been designed the other way around. So you turn on being able to be killed by people in a mode rather turn it off and end up in 99% of the situations that everyone does where people just spend their time trying to kill other players when they have no interest, which usually leads to them just leaving.

Some guy was intent on killing me yesterday, so instead of letting him or spending the time killing him for him to keep coming back, I just drove round a block the same speed he did, he eventually got bored trying to catch up with me and drove off, lol.

Enco

The online sucks.

What does the tutorial consist of? I spent an hour trying to play with some friends. They couldn't invite me because I was 'doing the tutorial'. What a shitty way to handle multiplayer. That's ignoring the fact that it was broken for nearly a week.

waypoetic

Banned
0_0.jpg

i drove around the city looking for an apartment to buy; i didn't buy one and i got bored so i drove down to the beach and just turned on the radio and got myself a cup of coffee irl.

The online sucks.

What does the tutorial consist of? I spent an hour trying to play with some friends. They couldn't invite me because I was 'doing the tutorial'. What a shitty way to handle multiplayer. That's ignoring the fact that it was broken for nearly a week.
I agree. I think it was designed for people playing GTAV for the first time. It takes way, way too long. Also, you should be able to start a lobby before you even get into the game and invite your friends for the first few missions even if they've done them before.

duckroll

Yeah the Online Tutorial is awful. It should be a tutorial of the actual online features, not a GTA5 Tutorial forced into the online mode. Balls!

Fergie

Banned
Yeah, my character is deleted. Yesterday he disappeared from SC site and the GTA online character choice menu.

I've now lost near level 10 characters 4 times. I'm just gonna wait till it's stable.

Don't even know how it can happen 4 times.

Absolute joke.

noooo my level 5 character got deleted!! now I got to do that dreadful tutorial all over again. UUGHHHHHHHHHHH I wouldn't mind having to restart if I wasn't forced to do some shitty tutorial.

Derrick01

Banned
Are there heists later on in MP, and do missions significantly change up? I liked the idea of doing those heists and having a more intricate mission, but if it's just "off dudes, grab Item, return" then I may bail sooner than later.

Yeah me and a friend were complaining about that last night. All the jobs are typical MMO shit, or GTA IV shit I guess is more accurate for this game. There's nothing unique or memorable so far. We had more fun playing tennis/golf and just doing free roam stuff than doing any of the long term stuff Rocktar worked so hard on.

Top Bottom