• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Grimsen

The new glitch takes a bit longer since "switching" character puts you in a public session, and I want to avoid LSC campers, so I switch to single player right away and hop back in a private session.

This mechanic is not worth $50 a day.

Fails to deliver, sometimes after he said he would, refuses to deliver for a whole day if you miss one payment, brings the car to the road underneath me, or on top of a parking garage, one time he drove past me. Won't deliver bikes either, the lazy bastard.

I always make sure to punch him when he arrives.

kmg90

The new glitch takes a bit longer since "switching" character puts you in a public session, and I want to avoid LSC campers, so I switch to single player right away and hop back in a private session.

I'm shocked they didn't patch the exploit in a way the prevents any use of the start menu (aka using store or online tabs to circumvent the game phoning home the sale of the vehicle)

todahawk

Fails to deliver, sometimes after he said he would, refuses to deliver for a whole day if you miss one payment, brings the car to the road underneath me, or on top of a parking garage, one time he drove past me. Won't deliver bikes either, the lazy bastard.

I always make sure to punch him when he arrives.

i hit him with my car because he wouldn't help me when i was down by the docks.... didn't kill him but he did let our a yelp.

GQman2121

Banned
Looks like everything I did last night saved, except my rank that went up two levels.

This is my new main ride around town. Shit balls once you soup it up.

0_0.jpg

anddo0

So is the game slow updating, or did I just lose 10 levels?

I went from level 38 to 48 this morning. I log off, check the R* site and it says I'm level 38. I turned my PS3 back on, and sure enough it says level 38.

Will I get my levels back?

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
what the fuck is wrong with pegasus?
Why do they deliver to THEIR nearest airfield?

They always delivering to that hospital in central LS.
Thats not an option when im in the north guys!!

Im standing in on the sandy shores airfield right next to the heli pad and they deliver it to the hospital in LS?!
Well have a nice day, too, cunt!
useless piece of crap.

R* needs to change this asap so that they at least deliver to YOUR nearest airfielde, not theirs.

As much as I rage at the errors, issues and bugs of GTA online so far... I have gotten so much enjoyment and laughter when playing with friends when it IS working...

I can't help but chuckle whenever the game's car damage has some uncanny valley bumps sometimes

like how ridiculous the car damage can get/look and still be totally drivable

0_0.jpg

real word inspiration:
mini-porsche.jpg

todahawk

what the fuck is wrong with pegasus?
Why do they deliver to THEIR nearest airfield?

They always delivering to that hospital in central LS.
Thats not an option when im in the north guys!!

Im standing in on the sandy shores airfield right next to the heli pad and they deliver it to the hospital in LS?!
Well have a nice day, too, cunt!
useless piece of crap.

R* needs to change this asap so that they at least deliver to YOUR nearest airfielde, not theirs.

that is beyond frustrating!
pay $1,000 to deliver, fine but if I'm outside of the city and have to secure a ride and race back before some douche steals it from under me... yeah, problem.

what i don't get is that merryweather will come out to do a 'pick up', why can't pegasus?

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
that is beyond frustrating!
pay $1,000 to deliver, fine but if I'm outside of the city and have to secure a ride and race back before some douche steals it from under me... yeah, problem.

what i don't get is that merryweather will come out to do a 'pick up', why can't pegasus?

actualy i forgot something. it gets even better.

So i called them once again and was allready on my way to the hospital.
I was about to climb up when I get a call from them telling me that they are sorry, but they couldnt deliver the heli because they found no suitible place (you found not a single 10x10 meter spot in the entire world to land a heli? Yeah, you seem competent!).
Im like wth and climbed up to find to ambulance helis occupieing the pads. I got in one of them and landed flew it off the pad to call pegasus again.
And what do they do? What do they actualy do?! Deliver the heli to the heli pads near the harbour!! What in the actual fuck?! Why dont you do this in the first place, instead of letting me drive to hospital for nothing?!

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

I was about to climb up when I get a call from them telling me that they are sorry, but they couldnt deliver the heli because they found no suitible place (you found not a single 10x10 meter spot in the entire world to land a heli? Yeah, you seem competent!).
Im like wth and climbed up to find to ambulance helis occupieing the pads. I got in one of them and landed flew it off the pad to call pegasus again.
And what do they do? What do they actualy do?! Deliver the heli to the heli pads near the harbour!! What in the actual fuck?! Why dont you do this in the first place, instead of letting me drive to hospital for nothing?!

Why not email R* and bring it to their attention?

I have the feeling that if R* takes much longer with fixing the game, enhancing the cloud and pleasing players with money (eg. none so far). 500.000 ingame $ seem like a pretty small sum to me when it comes to "compensation" and "saying sorry".

Dysun

Glitching money out frustration is like going shoplifting to stick it to the man.

Rockstar is offering you the same thing for microtransactions, only the money is going in their pocket. There's no imbalance to having loads of money in a game where there is no competitive aspect asides from the laughable TDM/Racing jobs

todahawk

yeah, now that you mention it it seems Pegasus puts the damn chopper as far from you as possible. i'm thinking of my friends experiences as well.

i honestly thought it was a gameplay decisions. that R* didn't want it too convenient to get a Buzzard. still frustrating...

Tried playing solo online last night for a bit and man, I am not doing that again. I would setup some races and after finishing people in the lobby would just vote to replay over..and over.....and over. I mean fuck, how can it be fun just mindlessly doing the same thing. I eventually joined a room Marleyman was in and we actually played some diverse gametypes.

Long story short. Yep, I'm just playing with friends for now on instead of randoms that are more worried about mindlessly spamming missions for RP.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Wow, it is incredibly stupid that people can just kick you from a free roam game, I had a bounty on me so killed the guy who kept coming after me and then evidently he, or someone else, thought it would be best to kick me instead.

Grinchy

Banned
Cool, my progress from Friday night just showed up on the social club site. I guess it does finally come back after all.

bumclot

If you want an F620, there's a very reliable way. Find a race marker near a large parking lot (I tested this using the Pier 2 Pier race in the parking lot next to the pier, lvl 30+ for it to show up, but it worked every time).

Walk into race marker, host race, select Coupes, start the race on your own, scroll through the cars until you reach the F620, then just quit. No worries about becoming a bad sport if you're hosting and alone.

When you're sent back into free roam, there's your F620 in the parking lot. I imagine you can do this to spawn just about any car you'd like.

Edit: Yeah, it works for pretty much anything; this was after quitting a race with the Bullet selected:
0_0.jpg

Seems this works best when you host/quit the race during the time of day when parked cars spawn most frequently in the lot, so midday for the pier lot.

Has this been patched out? Or does it only work with Coupes and Sports? I'm trying to get an Imponte Phoenix to spawn, which is Muscle, and have had no success using this method. Do you just scroll to the car and then quit, or do I need to select confirm?

Edit: Interesting, it's just spawning lots of Bullets.

I was more than happy to spend real money on GTA $ but they couldn't even do that right, so I took it.

The carnage at LSC's are fun I've spent plenty on bounties getting revenge on people.

Imm0rt4l

Is the James Bond car worth it?
There are better cars, but I like mine. Nothing specual stock. Upgrading it makes it into a very unwieldy beast when it starts up and it fish tails all over the place making it very easy to dislike. The other aston martin, the exemplar is the best 4 door in the game.

Objectively I'd say its not worth it. But I'm a Bond fan and admire the aesthetics.

Grabbed another motorcycle

"This car cannot be stored in the garage because it is stolen and has a tracker on it"

.....motherfucker, the OTHER CAR IN THERE IS STOLEN

guess I'll have to visit LSC

ugh

Is the James Bond car worth it?
Out was my first major cart purchase and I regret it. Looks cool as hell, but handles like shit, especially in the rain.

In other news, I still haven't gotten my level 91 character back. 240 hours, lollfully wasted. No reply from Rockstar sport, either. Not even a canned reply. Beware, folks.

Top Bottom