• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Ploid 3.0

Hmm, what if you have the money on you and the other player kills you? Or set a bounty on a player and have another player kill them?

I thought about setting a bounty on myself for the gaffer I wanted to trade with, but 9k per cool down bounty call would take longer than just racing for money (thinking about it I would need 2 people to do that. The car I was in for that picture was a NPC's which put a bounty on me, didn't even bother to let the guy kill me for a small 3k as I tried to figure out why I couldn't trade money. When you die with a lot of cash on you all of it don't drop. It's a small amount like normal.

Tawpgun

Some of these missions are fucking BULLSHIT

Trying to steal some coke for Trevor, we neutralize the people at the front gate and head toward the dock. AND 2 ENEMIES MATERIALIZE AT THE FRONT GATE.

ScRYeD

Some of these missions are fucking BULLSHIT

Trying to steal some coke for Trevor, we neutralize the people at the front gate and head toward the dock. AND 2 ENEMIES MATERIALIZE AT THE FRONT GATE.
Didn't you know, it's the power of the cloud!
I couldn't level or make money for the whole weekend because of it.

Has anyone managed to steal a tank in free roam yet? I've tried a couple of times and been shot with the cannon, I've managed to steal the jet though but it is not as good as the Buzzard is for causing carnage.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
So is everything saving now, and have characters stopped disappearing? I haven't played since that started.
i spent 4 hours getting back to level 35. it's saving.

i check the social club site before i log off and its updating quickly.

So is everything saving now, and have characters stopped disappearing? I haven't played since that started.
Nope. Not for me. Bought a $750,000 car. Disappeared from my garage and I'm out the money. And it wasn't impounded. The insurance option from my phone is gone...this is the second time it's happened to me.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
This game will not spawn an Obey Tailgater for me, starting to think I'm gonna need to sacrifice a first born to get one at this point, I'm really not sure why Rockstar didn't stick every vehicle on the websites that sell them.

Ploid 3.0

Finally got the $377,000 apartment! Only $35,000 left. How do some of you guys have millions of dollars?

Spaming missions when replay was available, not exactly the super fast exploitable stuff where you don't have to return to the final destination either. It was a pain when you could feel that they were trying to get rid of replay mission and you force yourself to continue on because it could be on it's way out but getting that 200k apartment, a vecca that costs more than the house, then pushing on to get a Adder but choose the Entity instead after watching a video on youtube comparing the two. I can only imagine how hard it would be now that money is cut so much. I did a lot of grinding when the replay was gone totally to get my Entity, it really started to suck but I found enjoyment in racing all over the place with my armored Vecca then the new Entity (Out of Court Settlement spam). To be honest I got all of that money after I had my main purchases. The only big thing I bought on my main with it was getting the better view apartment when I already had the good location 200K-ish apartment.

Arcteryx

This game will not spawn an Obey Tailgater for me, starting to think I'm gonna need to sacrifice a first born to get one at this point, I'm really not sure why Rockstar didn't stick every vehicle on the websites that sell them.

Easiest way is to use your 2nd character, choose it as the intro race car, and then transfer it with the help of someone to your other character.

Ploid 3.0

Man, if I lost even my alt level 28 i'd be pissed, 90 I'd go crazy. Rockstar better just officially slap that beta tag on the game and logo.

Zukuu

Banned
So, is the experience stable now or should I still wait for more patches? Don't want to start and get errors or see bugs and glitches everywhere. I have plenty time to wait to jump into online mode.

duckroll

Doesn't seem totally safe yet. Rockstar did say that they won't be dropping the first $250k into banks until they are sure the situation is stable, so I'm personally going to use that as a gauge for when it's "safe" to resume playing.

So, is the experience stable now or should I still wait for more patches? Don't want to start and get errors or see bugs and glitches everywhere. I have plenty time to wait to jump into online mode.

My advice would be to at least create a character and go through the first 10-20 minutes first, so you'll get the $500k they're promising. After that, if you want to have a better experience, just wait for the first major content update at least, with the Content Creator and Capture the Flag modes added.

Man, if I lost even my alt level 28 i'd be pissed, 90 I'd go crazy. Rockstar better just officially slap that beta tag on the game and logo.

I lost a level 21 before this when most other people did. I should've learned my lesson then. I'm probably going to wait until they release the cash cards because by then, there shouldn't be any more hiccups. I'm holding onto my sanity by assuming I'll get my character back.

mr_jam_used.png

ScRYeD

I have gotten only 2 to spawn in my game. Keep checking Royal majestic's movie studio's blue car park and the golf course.

Why am I tempted to make a female character?

I have a level 71/72 dude with millions...

If I make one, anyone want to do some CR?

PS3

Also has anyone tried the car dupe trick with the CE cars like the HotKnife?

Sniping dudes who have bounties on their heads is my new favorite thing to do (aside from watching Qwell wreak havoc in a tank - it was hilarious)

I never used to go after people with bounties because it was a pain, but now I just grab a helicopter and sit down somewhere near them, then go to town with my sniper rifle. Never not entertaining. My favorite was a dude was hanging out on a roof with a buddy watching his back. Got an easy $5000 from that one...

Gorillaz

Why am I tempted to make a female character?

I

Got a dude and a chick, dude didn't come back but the chick character I have has been putting in work. Got some interesting conversation/messages from it....a little scary and funny lol

Probably going to try the dude character in the other slot again

Ploid 3.0

I lost a level 21 before this when most other people did. I should've learned my lesson then. I'm probably going to wait until they release the cash cards because by then, there shouldn't be any more hiccups. I'm holding onto my sanity by assuming I'll get my character back.

I have also lost a 20+, but at the start, I lost a ton of characters but this late in the release characters shouldn't go missing. My current alt has a lot of money spent on it. My old characters didn't even have a garage yet. People are now investing in characters, they shouldn't be still losing them.

Sniping dudes who have bounties on their heads is my new favorite thing to do (aside from watching Qwell wreak havoc in a tank - it was hilarious)

I never used to go after people with bounties because it was a pain, but now I just grab a helicopter and sit down somewhere near them, then go to town with my sniper rifle. Never not entertaining. My favorite was a dude was hanging out on a roof with a buddy watching his back. Got an easy $5000 from that one...

My favorite bounty was finding this dude idling in a chopper above a skyscraper. I thought was in an apartment, but his dot was slightly off-center of the apartment icon. So, I fly up and there this fucker was. I land my helicopter on rooftop next to the one he was near and sniped his ass. Felt so good. Another time, I had a bounty on me and I hopped in a plane and someone got in one behind me. The chase was on. I remembered that exploit in the single-player campaign about cop helicopters getting destroyed on the windmill farm. So, I head there and expertly maneuver through the windmills nearly killing myself at least 4 times. This bastard is still behind me until I heard my speakers give off a muffled boom. His dot disappeared and I was laughing my ass off. Felt good, man.

I have also lost a 20+, but at the start, I lost a ton of characters but this late in the release characters shouldn't go missing. My current alt has a lot of money spent on it. My old characters didn't even have a garage yet. People are now investing in characters, they shouldn't be still losing them.

I still have a few million in my bank, but just thinking about my apartment, cars, clothes, and all the money I spent on weapon upgrades which I'd have to unlock all over again. Yeah, I'm really fucking done with this game until they get their shit together. $500,000? Fucking lol.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
Doesn't seem totally safe yet. Rockstar did say that they won't be dropping the first $250k into banks until they are sure the situation is stable, so I'm personally going to use that as a gauge for when it's "safe" to resume playing.

So you're waiting for GTAVI?

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Oh crap, so apparently you can't get your vehicle back from the impound lot if you enter another personal vehicle. Crap, hopefully it didn't save after I called my Mechanic for a ride.

EDIT: Dammit, there goes my fully modded Bati 801. :/

EDIT2: Oh wait, apparently I can get it back from Mors Insurance. Phew.

Imm0rt4l

So It's my first time doing a mission, we complete it and I get half the take. I previously tried to join a gaffer of the same mission earlier and I was only able to spectate, so that counted as me playing the mission even though I didn't get paid. That's some bullshit.

Surefire way to have fun in GTA Online. Take yourself and up to 3 other friends in one helicopter, disable hud and radar. Fly over a spot in Los Santos (usually the southern locations are better), fly in to the wilderness, parachute out. Get to the designated location in any way possible. It was so surreal when out of the hundreds of pedestrians I noticed one of my friends riding a bike through the mountains since I didn't see him on my radar.

Edit: That reminds me, they really should patch in wildlife at some point, sucks without it.

G-Bus

Banned
So now that Rockstar have patched most of the decent spots to hide in survival, what’s the easiest way to beat all 10 rounds solo now?

Boneyard has a good spot behind a portable that runs a long a wall. Hard to explain where it is exactly.

Can somewhat easily solo the whole thing.

Qwell

That was a fun time, killed so many cops, and those guys that kept trying to jack my tank over and over again. Was satisfying to see them finally pull me out just in time for it to blow up hehe.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I never go out during an open lobby.

First time I jacked a truck and started running over people. They tried to shoot me but the truck is so damn tough to damage. They even shot the tires and I didn't give any fucks.

2nd time, I jacked one of those army trucks and I wasn't messing with anyone, suddenly BAM. Dead from 1 shot from a 12 year old kid I passed.

Now I just go to open lobbys to place bounties and send mercenaries to low level players.

LIKE A BAWSS

My advice would be to at least create a character and go through the first 10-20 minutes first, so you'll get the $500k they're promising. After that, if you want to have a better experience, just wait for the first major content update at least, with the Content Creator and Capture the Flag modes added.

What system are you playing on?

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Ugh, played a couple missions with open matchmaking. Why is it there's always one random that just stands there doing nothing for the entire mission? :/ They really need to make it easier to kick people, have a better idle boot system, or make it so people who don't contribute don't get rewarded.

Top Bottom