• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

-Deimos

Fails to deliver, sometimes after he said he would, refuses to deliver for a whole day if you miss one payment, brings the car to the road underneath me, or on top of a parking garage, one time he drove past me. Won't deliver bikes either, the lazy bastard.

I always make sure to punch him when he arrives.

Works for me every time unless I'm in the middle of nowhere, even with bikes.

Arcteryx

Ugh, I have to do, like, 17 more Stunt Jumps to unlock the Lime Green colour. Anyone have a map of the easiest ones?

grand-theft-auto-v-movvde7.jpg

I filled in(red) the easiest ones that I could remember

edit: forgot about the airport ones, those are easy too

Some of the port ones can be a little tricky(have to use motorcycles for most of them), but they are the most "fun".

Qwell

Does Criminal Records grinding still work? I've seen some people that say it does and some that say it doesn't.

I know I posted that it didn't seem to work last night, but it started working again for me later that night. It seems to be a bit more touchy now, so like every 4th or 5th race or so I wouldn't get the extra RP. But it was still pretty consistent. Spent all night with a bunch of gaf and finally got lvl 100 so I have the rocket launcher now.

Still want the mini-gun, but I think I'm just gunna do the last 20 levels the regular way. Spend my time seeing if they have any better missions at this higher level, but so far I'm still get lots of low level ones.

JerC

I know I posted that it didn't seem to work last night, but it started working again for me later that night. It seems to be a bit more touchy now, so like every 4th or 5th race or so I wouldn't get the extra RP. But it was still pretty consistent. Spent all night with a bunch of gaf and finally got lvl 100 so I have the rocket launcher now.

Still want the mini-gun, but I think I'm just gunna do the last 20 levels the regular way. Spend my time seeing if they have any better missions at this higher level, but so far I'm still get lots of low level ones.

Mini-gun isn't worth it IMO. Every time I die now I lose the ammo for it. Whereas when I didn't have the level for it and got it during survival I got to keep it.

Has this been patched out? Or does it only work with Coupes and Sports? I'm trying to get an Imponte Phoenix to spawn, which is Muscle, and have had no success using this method. Do you just scroll to the car and then quit, or do I need to select confirm?

Edit: Interesting, it's just spawning lots of Bullets.
I've always found dozens of phoenixs in LA MESA/mirror park area on the upper east side of the city

Acorn

Is the cloud server issue something they can fix behind the scenes or are we going to have to wait for another download?
I've been on 360 most of the afternoon and evening and it seems okish. My mate on Ps3 has been having issues though.
Edit I totally misread that, I need to lay off the kahlua.

I've been on 360 most of the afternoon and evening and it seems okish. My mate on Ps3 has been having issues though.
Edit I totally misread that, I need to lay off the kahlua.

Ha you probably didn't, I edited right before you posted basically to ask the question differently.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Uuuuuuuuugh why is the Cargobob being the only helicopter to spawn? I go to the airport and it's the only one there, fly to the hospital and one spawns on the roof. I managed to find a Maverick on that complex to the east of the map but that's it. Also why isn't the police helicopter spawning on top of the station near the canals?

Been like this for 3 days, So annoying,

Oh, and earlier I was trying to do that mission with the briefcase on top of the under-construction skyscraper and had to give up because there literally wasn't a single air vehicle spawning, not even in the airport.

CHEEZMO™;86774893 said:
Uuuuuuuuugh why is the Cargobob being the only helicopter to spawn? I go to the airport and it's the only one there, fly to the hospital and one spawns on the roof. I managed to find a Maverick on that complex to the east of the map but that's it. Also why isn't the police helicopter spawning on top of the station near the canals?

Been like this for 3 days, So annoying,

Oh, and earlier I was trying to do that mission with the briefcase on top of the under-construction skyscraper and had to give up because there literally wasn't a single air vehicle spawning, not even in the airport.

To ensure which helicopter shows up at the ports, buy one. Unfortunately, you can't buy a cargobob.

DRE Fei

Just heard their "cloud" parody commercial on the radio. It's only funny because of how fucked their actual cloud servers are irl.

Ok good! It was doing the same thing with me the other night.

Trigger

Just heard their "cloud" parody commercial on the radio. It's only funny because of how fucked their actual cloud servers are irl.

The cloud issues are just another level of meta parody. Next week R* will make the joke official by returning all the lost characters and unlocking all kinds of fun activities and new missions.

The cloud issues are just another level of meta parody. Next week R* will make the joke official by returning all the lost characters and unlocking all kinds of fun activities and new missions.

Right in the feels, Trigger. I'll go to sleep dreaming about this.

91 LEVELS AND 240 HOURS LOST. LOL. Fuck it, I'm becoming an atheist.

Ploid 3.0

I have a feeling Rockstar will let me keep my money. I sorta wish I went higher now but I can do a lot with what I have in the future I bet. They should hurry up and make a move, I don't want to make extra money and have it taken out with what I got if they get us good.

Acorn

I have a feeling Rockstar will let me keep my money. I sorta wish I went higher now but I can do a lot with what I have in the future I bet. They should hurry up and make a move, I don't want to make extra money and have it taken out with what I got if they get us good.
How much do you have?

Since I've been waiting to raise my strength but having no one to do it with I finally just went and tried to do it on my own, started a Gerald mission so there wouldn't be any cops. Heard it could be done with a bus but I found a delivery/cargo truck jumped up on it and attack to see if I could do it and stay on, it worked and got my strength to 40 before being knocked off because he hit something.

After searching for way too long for another I ended up down at the docks in the area where you take cars for Simeon. There was a waste truck, one of the ones that look like they're hauling broken concrete stopped at the toll booth if you follow the freeway over to it, parked a car in front and climbed on, first he exited the truck and wanted to fight but I equipped a gun (and unequipped) and he ran back into the truck, but didn't drive off. I just stomped for a few minutes and quickly made it to 100. It probably would have taken around five minutes to do if I wasn't interrupted the first time.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
Criminal Records is by no means fixed. You must do it with one other person at least, but I'm fairly sure that's always been the case. I hit the RP cap on 3 lap rounds every round still.

However, not sure what the point is now. Perhaps I'll give the game a break until some new, interesting missions are added in.

Ploid 3.0

How much do you have?

Down to 11+ mil now buying a car for each class and modding it out on my alt, giving it the good apartment, buying the same apartment for my main, and other things. It's all vanity.
http://i.imgur.com/cbWarDT.jpg

JX82Yxg.jpg

Actually found a Baller!

Camped outside of LSC until its time to sell.

They're spawning like crazy now....until Rockstar decides to patch it

Put one or more in your garage. Roll out to sell and if another spawns ditch your's and sell the spawned one. It will be hard to empty your garage full of ballers.

Thanks, I'll take a look around that area. Does it seem to anyone else that GTAO somehow knows what cars you are looking for and strips them from the map?
I must be lucky, when Simeon txts me cars lists I find them all over. Gtao reminds me alot of older gtas where you see dozens of the same two cars until a new "set" shows up.

Last night I noticed the awards. I knew I was getting them but didn't know there was a list. I need to write some of them down so I remember to do more of them in the future.

Imm0rt4l

I stand corrected. People were saying it wasn't working any longer last night so I figured they fixed it.

ScRYeD

Just found a second tailgater this morning. I'm a happy camper now since my 1st didn't get saved. If you check the golf course and royal magestics movie studio you will be sure to find one.......eventually.

Down to 11+ mil now buying a car for each class and modding it out on my alt, giving it the good apartment, buying the same apartment for my main, and other things. It's all vanity.
http://i.imgur.com/cbWarDT.jpg

JX82Yxg.jpg

Put one or more in your garage. Roll out to sell and if another spawns ditch your's and sell the spawned one. It will be hard to empty your garage full of ballers.

If you fancy sharing a few million around I will take some. :p

Anyone on 360 doing stuff?

Really? I'm done with online if they've 'fixed' CR

It's the only decent way of levelling up with the shitty matchmaking

you're done with online if they've patched the exploit where all you do is drive in a circle for hours for hundreds of thousands of RP?

something tells me you weren't having that much fun with online in the first place ;p

just do the glitch, i'm p sure there's one that still works. you can't give away millions that i'm aware of in any vanilla way, i've heard of people doing it but they most likely have hacked consoles.

Does anyone know how I can be on the same team as my crew during matches? The game always puts us on opposite teams...
i've only done Top Fun as a team game, but in that there's an option to 'View other team' and then 'join team' when the camera switches over to them to view them. It's one the screen where your characters are all standing around and you get to choose your winning gesture and al that stuff.

assuming it's the same in every team based mission.

Ploid 3.0

Oh I tried to share with gaffers, rockstar disabled trading money though. It's grayed out and text says I'm unable to use the feature.

just do the glitch, i'm p sure there's one that still works. you can't give away millions that i'm aware of in any vanilla way, i've heard of people doing it but they most likely have hacked consoles.

Yeah I turned on my game one day and found someone gave me 7.9 mil without me knowing. Has to be a exploit. I wonder if they could just give out infinite cash somehow. Like a type of dupe.

thecheese

i've only done Top Fun as a team game, but in that there's an option to 'View other team' and then 'join team' when the camera switches over to them to view them. It's one the screen where your characters are all standing around and you get to choose your winning gesture and al that stuff.

assuming it's the same in every team based mission.

Oh ok. I've been playing team deathmatch, and I think what's been happening is the teams are auto-balanced so when you get to the screen you mentioned, you're locked in. But I'll give that a try.

Top Bottom