• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Imm0rt4l

Protip: If you're running a mission with 3 other guys who are in a crew and and one has a bounty on his head when you return to the lobby. Let it go.

Thanks for having my back gaf.

0_0.jpg

no regrets you only YOLO once

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Protip: If you're running a mission with 3 other guys who are in a crew and and one has a bounty on his head when you return to the lobby. Let it go.

No can do, Slick. Even if I get back from a 2-man mission and my partner has a price on his head, he can give me those puppy dog eyes all he wants...

Unless it's a member of my crew. 'Til the day we die.

Imm0rt4l

No can do, Slick. Even if I get back from a 2-man mission and my partner has a price on his head, he can give me those puppy dog eyes all he wants...

Unless it's a member of my crew. 'Til the day we die.

Well I hope it will be worth it for you. The bounty on my head was only $1000, and he was killed at least 5 times. Even in passive mode.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i saw a tooltip while loading the game that says that your character's stats "degrade over time" if you don't log in. anyone see/know about that?

Maddocks

nothing more thrilling then having a 9k bounty on your head and a crew member. I have survived 3 of them so far. free money for just walking around the map for 45 minutes.

Being forced into free roam with the rif raf due to a glitch I've been exploiting has shown me how neurotic people are.

They operate a strictly shoot first policy if they see another play, I can almost smell the fear, I ain't gonna shoot anyone I don't care.

But on the other hand, kill me for no good reason and I will put a 10K bounty on your heads.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Being forced into free roam with the rif raf due to a glitch I've been exploiting has shown me how neurotic people are.

They operate a strictly shoot first policy if they see another play, I can almost smell the fear, I ain't gonna shoot anyone I don't care.

But on the other hand, kill me for no good reason and I will put a 10K bounty on your heads.
My general rule of thumb is "Speak softly, and carry a big gun".

I'll tell people over my headset I'm not going to attack them when I'm going to, say, a LSC but if someone wants to get uppity then I say hello with my Grenade Launcher.

Omni

I had a bounty on my head the other day. Saw a fellow gaffer joined the game (same crew), so flew in mah helicopter to his location to pick him up. Before I know it, he starts shooting me and the helicopter goes down.

Feels bad. Most crew members are pretty cool though. Have robbed a few 24/7s with a few.

Garland7G

Played 2 survival games last night and something weird was going on. The 1st game I made it to wave 3 and a mission failed screen popped up and I got booted however everyone was alive and I couldn't figure out the reason we failed.
The 2nd game this happened again only on the 1st wave and again everyone was still alive.
Anyone know what was going on? I actually stopped playing after that :/

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
is it a bug or are weapons you get from crates only temporary?

I found a crate with 5k rp and $ and a minigun with 9999 ammo yesterday. After the next death it was gone.
I was looking for those crates, primarily for the weapons, but only found weapons I allready had (3 times Sniper). First weapon I hadnt have was the minigun, but its gone now :/
So crates only seem worth it for the admittedly high RP bonus as you can get the weapons way easier through survival missions if theyre only temp.

That was a fun time, killed so many cops, and those guys that kept trying to jack my tank over and over again. Was satisfying to see them finally pull me out just in time for it to blow up hehe.

My favorite thing to do in the tank was bat them around with the cannon and not even shoot them. Let them think they have a chance and then just knock them on their ass for like a minute straight.

KAP151

Has anyone been able to make any form of coherency when it comes to mission payouts?

I do the mission where you need to steal the trailer from the docks for Lester. I do 50% of the heavy lifting (kill half the guys, get the truck, hook the trailer and deliver it). One of the 4 guys in the team didnt move from the spawn one inch. Same level as me.

He gets double my cash at the payout.

No balance at all.

Has anyone been able to make any form of coherency when it comes to mission payouts?

I do the mission where you need to steal the trailer from the docks for Lester. I do 50% of the heavy lifting (kill half the guys, get the truck, hook the trailer and deliver it). One of the 4 guys in the team didnt move from the spawn one inch. Same level as me.

He gets double my cash at the payout.

No balance at all.

If it's your first time doing the mission, you get the full amount of the rewards. I also think that if you don't reach the level requirement, you get half the rewards. This happened when my level 5 alt account played a martin mission for the first time. Some people say that they unable to play a mission if they are under the level requirement, but this hasn't been the case with me. So, YMMV I guess.

Finalizer

Wow, impressive. Which one and what were your tactics?

Personally, I've been doing Bone Yard and hiding behind the portable building thing. Seems like when you play solo, the enemies aren't so durable and less choppers spawn, so it's way easier. Only finally got killed during the 3rd run in a row because I tried to finish the last guy off with my fists.

What I did was stay behind the building, and slip between sides depending on which one is getting more attention from baddies. They tend to pour out into the open in big blobs at once so it's easy to just mow them down with any sort of rapid-fire weapon. Try to keep them from getting to the wood pile (I think that's what it is) or the end of the fence next to your spot, as it can be a bit annoying dislodging them from there while they just blind fire at you, and that becomes a real pain if other enemies are still running around the field to keep you from moving out and dislodging the trouble makers. Also, stay away from the left-most side when vehicles are driving down the road, they tend to poke at you with gunfire if you're close enough to the edge to be exposed. Finally, don't poke out whenever there's a chopper around; focus on clearing all the ground dudes out before engaging the chopper with whatever (preferably the minigun) - last thing you need is to try to fight a chopper while some hillbilly runs out and mows you down with an while you're not looking. Finally, you'll occasionally find some AI dudes get bugged out and get stuck in certain spots; particularly the bus wreckage seems to be a spot where AI can get in but don't usually get out - use the opportunity to run around the map while the round is still going to collect ammo/items/whatever before killing him and triggering the countdown to the next round.

Omni

Do we know when saving will be fixed?

It's starting to get a bit old. I've been stuck on rank 22 all day... Which is annoying. Plus I've noticed that if you play multiple sessions during the day before your stats update, they seem to override any progress you've made. I'll find out tomorrow for certain, but gaaaah. I wouldn't care as much if my haircut and weapon mods saved.

Lisker

I had a bounty on my head the other day. Saw a fellow gaffer joined the game (same crew), so flew in mah helicopter to his location to pick him up. Before I know it, he starts shooting me and the helicopter goes down.

Feels bad. Most crew members are pretty cool though. Have robbed a few 24/7s with a few.

This is what happens to massive crews, only a few actually know eachother and it's impossible to keep all bad apples out. I'm always on guard, even with crew members sadly. A stab in the back is only one shotgun shell away. =P

Acheteedo

So is the new system that players under the required rank of a mission will get half the cash from it? That seemed to be what I was observing last night.

SnakeEyes

Banned
So is the new system that players under the required rank of a mission will get half the cash from it? That seemed to be what I was observing last night.
That seems to be what I've gleamed from it but it's not just people too low, I think it's also people too high, like there's now an upper and lower threshold for a mission and if you're outside that bracket you don't get the full cash payout.

Do I even bother buying a super car if it's just going to get blown up lol!

The adder costs either $12,000 or $1,200 to repair, I forget since it's been a couple of days since my level 91 character was deleted and I've been trying to forget about this goddamned game. :|

Buy one only if you have the cash to pay mors mutual or only if you're going to rarely take it out. It's a target, but a really fast one.

Lisker

The adder costs either $12,000 or $1,200 to repair, I forget since it's been a couple of days since my level 91 character was deleted and I've been trying to forget about this goddamned game. :|

Buy one only if you have the cash to pay mors mutual or only if you're going to rarely take it out. It's a target, but a really fast one.

12000. And I know because I accidentally destroyed one last night when I tried to shoot the guy inside. The AP pistol is damn powerfull holy crap.

Does GTAO have some songs that aren't in single player?

Been hearing some really catchy shit that I don't think I have heard before.

Nope, but I do wish someone would release radio station rips. I love the DJ banter and the 3 CD OST/score just isn't enough.

12000. And I know because I accidentally destroyed one last night when I tried to shoot the guy inside. The AP pistol is damn powerfull holy crap.

Yeah, it's way to strong. It seems one accurate clip is enough to destroy a car. I recommend only using it on foot.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

How on earth did you get a level 91 character? Boosting or monomania? It's both incredible and faintly terrifying.

Maybe R* were doing you a favour "Put the game down, leave you house for a bit" :p

How on earth did you get a level 91 character? Boosting or monomania? It's both incredible and faintly terrifying.

Maybe R* were doing you a favour "Put the game down, leave you house for a bit" :p

That day that they gimped Violent Duct, I didn't log off and was unaffected by the update, so I was still able to net the same RP and cash and must've played it at least 200 times. That got me through about 20 levels. I boosted through about 5 more levels worth of Criminal Records, but I could never find someone to do it with that wasn't a complete ass. I spent an absurd amount of time playing this game, yeah, because when it works, it's fucking awesome. Does that mean I deserved to lose my progress, Sniv?

I love when I get attention in my car -- quickest way to start a rumble (my favorite part of the game are people trying to get revenge for their death, when they started shit).

I had to reschedule my whole day to get revenge on this fuck that thought it'd be nice to shoot me while I was returning to freeroam from doing a mission that he just idled for the whole time. Call Lester, hide my blip, proceed to own that fucking stooge with a baseball bat.

E92 M3

I had to reschedule my whole day to get revenge on this fuck that thought it'd be nice to shoot me while I was returning to freeroam from doing a mission that he just idled for the whole time. Call Lester, hide my blip, proceed to own that fucking stooge with a baseball bat.

That's always when I have the most fun. I feel they should have focused more on free roam activities, rather than instanced missions. Maybe next gen we can have 36 players per lobby; that'll be great.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
That day that they gimped Violent Duct, I didn't log off and was unaffected by the update, so I was still able to net the same RP and cash and must've played it at least 200 times. That got me through about 20 levels. I boosted through about 5 more levels worth of Criminal Records, but I could never find someone to do it with that wasn't a complete ass. I spent an absurd amount of time playing this game, yeah, because when it works, it's fucking awesome. Does that mean I deserved to lose my progress, Sniv?

I think you know my answer :p

200 times though, that's... impressive?

Top Bottom