• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
sylent01, i didn't know how to share cash until after i looked it up. i think i gave you 3000 dollars for the bounty i did on that one guy that blew us up, so thats close to what i wanted to give you

if not, i owe you like 3500 for robbing the stores

Sylent01

sylent01, i didn't know how to share cash until after i looked it up. i think i gave you 3000 dollars for the bounty i did on that one guy that blew us up, so thats close to what i wanted to give you

if not, i owe you like 3500 for robbing the stores

Lol-that's fine, all in good fun! Seems like I only get attacked when I'm texting! I'll add you when I get back in tomorrow.

Edit: Soooo... that's what an airstrike looks like!

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Yeah the guy was rolling in an apache helicopter lol. I killed him and got a 3k bounty though so I got him good

Sylent01

Yeah the guy was rolling in an apache helicopter lol. I killed him and got a 3k bounty though so I got him good

I was the one who put the bounty on him- glad you got the payout. I took his own helicopter and shot his car up pretty good....before I faceplanted it into a bridge!

Lisker

That's the way it's supposed to work but I've seen countless times people not getting money that way. Stopping the truck first by shooting the driver has always resulted in money falling out for me. Plus a few shotgun shells are cheaper than sticky bombs :p

Well the money is really hard to see sometimes. I've never had nothing drop from an amored car.

I'm somehow having trouble with the car flip award. Tried it yesterday and went from one flip to four, but the fifth and last one doesn't register no matter what I do. I asked a friend to fly a cargobob and pick me up in a car, I tried multiple spots in the hills (flipped about 5 times in a row once) but nope.
It's frustrating. Is there anything special you have to pay attention to?

Future

After getting about 400k in legit funds (no boosting or glitching), I feel like the money situation really isn't that bad. If you are selling cars, robbing stores and trucks, racing, getting bounties and winning survivals a bit every day, then you make a decent amount of income. Now that they fixed the hospital bills, I think anyone can make decent dough.

The only issue I have is that the money is not balanced well based on tasks. The activities I mentioned above have quick gratification loops, aren't a huge amount of work and are usual fun to do. Some of those missions though....fuck any that have you chasing cars, have long commutes, or doing lots of work just for a few gs.

Lisker

After getting about 400k in legit funds (no boosting or glitching), I feel like the money situation really isn't that bad. If you are selling cars, robbing stores and trucks, racing, getting bounties and winning survivals a bit every day, then you make a decent amount of income. Now that they fixed the hospital bills, I think anyone can make decent dough.

The only issue I have is that the money is not balanced well based on tasks. The activities I mentioned above have quick gratification loops, aren't a huge amount of work and are usual fun to do. Some of those missions though....fuck any that have you chasing cars, have long commutes, or doing lots of work just for a few gs.

Yep, the best missions to do are the ones from martin, they have the best payout and are the most fun too. If you do "los santos connection" you get (16k the first run) 8k reward, but during the mission you can shoot the drug crates and that gives you an extra 8k in money picked up.

Also when doing the missions where people chase you in a car they usually drive ballers, just take one of them and drive to your garage for an extra 9k car to sell later on.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member

Well played, sir.
Gotta agree with you on the bolded. That Leeroy mission... *trembles with rage*

I have absolutely no idea what I'm supposed to be doing but I tried this for the first time last night and got my ass kicked. Repeatedly. Over and over again. And half the time I dont even know who or what is coming at me. Driving....BOOM. Spawn....BOOM. Spawn...BOOM. Spawn...run...run....RUN!!!! Oh I made it! I'm almost around the corner!...BOOM!

I have absolutely no idea what I'm supposed to be doing but I tried this for the first time last night and got my ass kicked. Repeatedly. Over and over again. And half the time I dont even know who or what is coming at me. Driving....BOOM. Spawn....BOOM. Spawn...BOOM. Spawn...run...run....RUN!!!! Oh I made it! I'm almost around the corner!...BOOM!

That's really strange. I've only been kicked about three times in the three weeks that I've been playing. I've heard others with similar experiences to yours, so it's probably some kind of glitch and the noble workers at Rockstar are diligently working on fixing.

I just want a serious beard like the main characters in the story have. Is that so much to ask?

Edit: to the above, I think he means being killed over and over again.

That's really strange. I've only been kicked about three times in the three weeks that I've been playing. I've heard others with similar experiences to yours, so it's probably some kind of glitch and the noble workers at Rockstar are diligently working on fixing.

No, not kicked out. Ass kicked as in killed every 5 seconds lol.

JerC

Expect to never have ammo for that thing.

Whoever came up with that idea was pretty dumb. It should be excluded for some guns. The mini-gun is pretty much the most useless gun online now since you lose all the ammo when you die. For a gun that needs 120 to buy, you should be able to actually use it. As it is now there is never any ammo in the stupid thing. And the most ammo that is worth buying is around 2000. If you want to fill it, it costs 15k and that can all be gone in seconds. Then the gun is once again useless.

Tawpgun

A lot of these missions would be easier to complete free aim if they let us goddamn stealth.

Like in death from above you should be able to stealth snipe the guys on the rooftop, and then have someone parachute in and kill the target

Tawpgun

Whoever came up with that idea was pretty dumb. It should be excluded for some guns. The mini-gun is pretty much the most useless gun online now since you lose all the ammo when you die. For a gun that needs 120 to buy, you should be able to actually use it. As it is now there is never any ammo in the stupid thing. And the most ammo that is worth buying is around 2000. If you want to fill it, it costs 15k and that can all be gone in seconds. Then the gun is once again useless.

It's not dumb for the GL.

That's a powerful weapon. I kept getting rocked by higher levels that had it in TDM.

For the minigun, I think its only usefull if you expect to be up against a lot of enemy vehicles, especially helicopters.

For pvp it seems useless because you can't use cover with it. Or can you? I never checked.

Anyone got a good recommendation for a car? I'm currently driving a Vader but it's been destroyed about two weeks now and I feel like the game is starting to punish me or something for not calling the insurance company lul. 3 times after finishing up missions I spawned back into free roam and there were literally no cars for about a mile radius, including parked ones. I had to hoof it for a while to find something to drive and I'm a little tired or getting flipped off of bikes for any little thing anyway.

I'm looking for something that can be a stopgap between now and when I get the Adder unless y'all have something that possibly performs better. Just basically looking for the best bang for the buck. Not really into buying 4 or 5 different cars till I have something really great for races/chases plus I don't think I'm in this for that much longer.

E92 M3

We're not getting stimulated this week ladies and gents - and possibly not next week, unfortunately. It's just strange that R* made no announcement on when they will fix the new glitches and/or give us the promised money. Almost feels like they are too frustrated with how fucked everything has become. That said - free mode is a blast when there are a bunch of crazies in the lobby.

Kssio_Aug

Is it just me or is there hardly anyone online? Player numbers dropping...

Im noticing it too...
Its sad what Rockstar have done. Too many mistakes.

I hope their next GTA game they focus on online mode (maybe just a GTA Online 2). And take advantages from their mistakes and do a true GTA Online that everyone expected... but now still more complete, more stable, with better graphics, options, better customization, less loading screens, and no glitches (or whatever possible to be near it).

That would be amazing!

Its sad what Rockstar have done. Too many mistakes.

Yup, they fucked themselves with this shoddy release. Too many problems, it was just ridiculous. They really needed a bigger closed beta, then an open beta, then a wide release. The game's economy was just shot all to hell by glitches and grinding on certain jobs, first Violent Duct, then Out of Court Settlement. Not to mention the Criminal Records race grinding that can still be done.

Noticed that last night -- could barely get a full lobby. Though, I am not sure if classic GTA is the default aim setting.

I think it's the crappy match making and servers still messed up. Because I was in full racing matches yesterday but when I get thrown into free mode it's like 5 people. I have to actively switch rooms and look for fuller lobbies.

JerC

It's not dumb for the GL.

That's a powerful weapon. I kept getting rocked by higher levels that had it in TDM.

For the minigun, I think its only usefull if you expect to be up against a lot of enemy vehicles, especially helicopters.

For pvp it seems useless because you can't use cover with it. Or can you? I never checked.

And it took them a long time to earn it so it is a terrible system. It's only 20 shots anyway so it's not like it would last long PvP. Why not give the option to turn it off. But that wouldn't cost players money. So it wouldn't help sell the cards.

You can't be behind cover. It's not much good PvP. Another reason you shouldn't drop ammo.

batbeg

So how common is the bug that lets you walk on the sea floor?

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

I ask because I saw another guy in the lake and thought I'd scare the shit out of him with some shots and well...

0_0.jpg

Future

I think it's the crappy match making and servers still messed up. Because I was in full racing matches yesterday but when I get thrown into free mode it's like 5 people. I have to actively switch rooms and look for fuller lobbies.

Worst matchmaking system ever. All matchmaking seems to be done with individual hosts with individual custom settings. If 10 people want to race and they all host, then that's 10 people that won't find each other. Invite system is terrible, hardly anyone responds to those

Should make jobs with rockstar settings where anyone interested will find each other automatically. Joining these should be easy and obvious so most people get filtered into them, as opposed to randomly doing their own thing

Tawpgun

And it took them a long time to earn it so it is a terrible system. It's only 20 shots anyway so it's not like it would last long PvP. Why not give the option to turn it off. But that wouldn't cost players money. So it wouldn't help sell the cards.

You can't be behind cover. It's not much good PvP. Another reason you shouldn't drop ammo.

20 grenades is a LOT.

I really don't like how everyone can use a suite of weapons in pvp. Should be options to limit it like AR only death matches in GTAIV.

Or the ones where you start with a pistol and need to control the on map weapons.

Zep

Banned
If I can glitch my way to a ton of money, I'll have a lot more fun and keep playing. If there isn't, I'm done with GTA online. Way too many hours put in to put up with this shit.

Update: http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51636/grand-theft-auto-online-update.html

GTAV_Beach_Bum_Screen_25-10.jpg

Thank you to everyone for joining in GTA Online throughout this first month of its release, for all of your awesome Online Snapmatic pics and Crew videos that we’ve spotted, for your patience and understanding as we’ve been working through the initial teething issues of launching an online experience like this, and for your excellent feedback to the official GTAOnline@rockstargames.com email address. Please keep it coming as it is really helping us plan for the future of the game. Here’s a quick update for all Grand Theft Auto Online players worldwide on what’s in store in the immediate future.

THE GTA$ STIMULUS PACKAGE
We know many of you are anxiously waiting for us to show you the GTA$ Stimulus Package money we announced a couple weeks back. As mentioned in that post, we of course want to ensure that game progress loss issues are sufficiently sorted before distributing the GTA$ to everyone. We have a few more tweaks and fixes to make in a new title update that will hit sometime next week and then we will distribute the cash.

THE BEACH BUM PACK
Coming in early November will be the first add-on content update, the Beach Bum Pack which will bring all-new beach themed vehicles and new weaponry that you’ll be able to use in both GTA Online and Story Mode. Plus new customization options for your GTA Online character including new tats, hairstyles and more. We’ll also be adding lots of brand new action-packed Jobs to play with Gang Attacks, Survivals, Last Team Standings, Parachutes, Deathmatches and Races that will have you bloodying up the waters and coastlines of the finest beach resorts across Los Santos and Blaine County.

THE CONTENT CREATOR
We are also working to bring you the debut of the first part of the GTA Online Content Creator this fall – giving players the ability to craft, publish, rate and play custom-made Deathmatch and Race Jobs. We’ll be keeping our eye open for exceptional ones that we’ll be stamping as ‘Rockstar Verified’ and will be featuring them here at the Newswire and as part of forthcoming GTA Online Social Club Events. Both the Content Creator and the Beach Bum Pack are free.

SOCIAL CLUB EVENT WEEKENDS
Starting in November will be the first Grand Theft Auto Online Social Club Event weekends which will bring special rewards and bonuses ranging from limited-edition in-game Event Crate Drops to in-game discount specials and even a special new GTA Online live-stream show hosted by Rockstar at the Social Club Events page and Rockstar Games Twitch page – plus prize pack giveaways of hard to find GTAV gear and more.

Both the Content Creator and the Beach Bum Pack are free.

"THE CONTENT CREATOR
We are also working to bring you the debut of the first part of the GTA Online Content Creator this fall – giving players the ability to craft, publish, rate and play custom-made Deathmatch and Race Jobs. We’ll be keeping our eye open for exceptional ones that we’ll be stamping as ‘Rockstar Verified’ and will be featuring them here at the Newswire and as part of forthcoming GTA Online Social Club Events. Both the Content Creator and the Beach Bum Pack are free."

Eh.

December 20th confirmed.

I'm beginning to wonder how payouts will be handled with the content creator. I'm thinking none. Obviously players can't choose because they'd reward themselves a million for a 10 ft. race. I bet they'll payout like racing solo – RP.

Tawpgun

Nope. At least not yet. (Probably never.)

Fuck. I doubt this will be at the same level as Halo's Forge which was excellent at creating mini-games. There simply isn't enough customization. I thought we would be able to create actual MISSIONS. Is that coming later or was that never confirmed to be a thing?

MXRider

So how common is the bug that lets you walk on the sea floor?

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

I ask because I saw another guy in the lake and thought I'd scare the shit out of him with some shots and well...

0_0.jpg
It happened to me during a job and it was terrible. There were two teams trying to get a briefcase and the briefcase was floating on the water while everyone was sinking to the bottom. I think i got like 25-30 kills that game before some eventually got it.

No heist news huh? That sucks!

Oh well, my XBL sub runs out on Sunday (in prep for PS4) - so I guess there goes my GTAV Online experience. It was quirky fun. Still loved the SP though.

Might get back in if it ever comes to PS4 (but I would wait for a GOTY with any SP DLC packs).

Top Bottom