• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

E92 M3

I love the racing in this game - but people that go out of their way to wreck are getting very annoying. I know it's GTA, so a little rough and tumble is expected, but it has become so malignant.

Thanks for the clarification on Death from Above.

I hated the High Priority Case job. It wasn't a hard one except for the fact you'd spend fifteen minutes driving around looking for a helicopter, going back and forth between the airport, hospital and the beach helipads. It was a pain at level 30 or what ever it was when you first get offered that job as there weren't many choppers around.

Yes, the suggestion is you infiltrate the property by either helicopter or parachute but everyone bowls in through the front gate.

It's one way that the design of the game doesn't work. A mission where you're obviously supposed to drop in from above, but unless someone in your group has a chopper or plane... and wants to wait to have it delivered... You can't do it.

Plus, dropping in via the air, I believe, is just a death trap because you are so vulnerable.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Yes, the suggestion is you infiltrate the property by either helicopter or parachute but everyone bowls in through the front gate.

I still haven't been able to win this mission. Maybe now that I'm level 40 something and have access to the buzzard I can but I really don't even want to try anymore the cops are majorly annoying.

KAP151

It's one way that the design of the game doesn't work. A mission where you're obviously supposed to drop in from above, but unless someone in your group has a chopper or plane... and wants to wait to have it delivered... You can't do it.

Plus, dropping in via the air, I believe, is just a death trap because you are so vulnerable.

I can confirm that is true. Landing anywhere near the house with a chopper and they turn you into swiss cheese. Maybe parachuting in may work, but careful and quick in-and-out thru the gates is a far better plan.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I still haven't been able to win this mission. Maybe now that I'm level 40 something and have access to the buzzard I can but I really don't even want to try anymore the cops are majorly annoying.
Son, at level 68 it's still a pain in the ass. Admittedly, I haven't put my Grenade Launcher to work on the vehicles in the entrance. Hrrrm..... >:D

Also, accepted Crew invite. 1st Tier GAF = w00t!

After playing for so many hours, Blue Ark (reggae) is the best radio station

It is good. was probably the station I listened to least during the main game since it rarely on when stealing a car, but after hearing every song on FlyLoFM, Los Santos Rock Radio and Worldwide, I had to listen to something else and I'm glad I did.

KAP151

After playing for so many hours, Blue Ark (reggae) is the best radio station

Loggins and I would disagree.

Los_Santos_Rock_Radio_%28GTA_V%29.png

SnakeEyes

Banned
I need a sports car, though, and I want to know if I should replace my 9F.
I said it above, but my suggesting is to buy one of the more expensive ones first and get the cheaper ones later. If need be, there are... ways of acquiring money by selling vehicles. That, and Rockstar owe us $500,00.

Imm0rt4l

Yeah, it seems a helicopter has a good chance against a plane in a collision. Maybe it has to do with a plane hitting the helicopters blades that just crushes them since I think that happened in both instances of me surviving a plane into helicopter collision.

You're SOLID_SNAKE or something like that, right? I remember you in the lobby. I think Imm0rt4l (GODHAND something or other I think) was in there too for a little bit.

I know I did the Los Santos Connection with you Imm0rt4l last night. Sorry for being terrible. I liked the last time we played and you died parachuting JUST before getting to the end. That mission is hard with just two players. At least I think that was you who I was playing that mission with.

What's the best way to get a lobby with a bunch of crew members? I'd actually like to do that tonight when I get on. Not a full lobby of crew members though. Need to have a few randoms to put bounties on.

lol yea that was me. Sorry about that again, I thought we finally had the mission. Shit we Did have the mission, I should have stayed in the chopper. I was getting shot at from another chopper and came in for a landing entirely too quickly and bam, that was our last life....in front of the Martins house. Strangely enough I have completed the mission once before solo and without using any lives.

You're supposed to get into the mansion by air, but no one ever does.
I'm glad they took the time explaining or even giving us a hint

To be fair, I think parachuting in is a horrible idea, you get gunned down QUICK unless there is some other factor to help aid the mission. personally, I've had more luck sniping, evading the police, coming back, calling merryweather attack chopper(which is dumb cuz it costs money) and clearing out the driveway/entrance and shooting my way through the backyard.

I'm sure their must be an easier way, but I can't just parachute to the waypoint without getting killed.

cdkee

Banned
So what do you guys do for money? The most I made in one day was about 105k by doing races with some friends for like 3-4 hours. Had to do it friends, because then we could kick asshole race griefers after every match. hard to do it with randoms.

SnakeEyes

Banned
So what do you guys do for money? The most I made in one day was about 105k by doing races with some friends for like 3-4 hours. Had to do it friends, because then we could kick asshole race griefers after every match. hard to do it with randoms.
- Racing (but more for the upgrade unlocks than the cash, although doing Criminal Records/Supercar/1-lap races can net upgrades and cash quickly).
- Selling vehicles every 48mins (duplicating upgraded vehicles can net decent payouts quickly).
- Missions, but now more for some variety.

cdkee

Banned
- Racing (but more for the upgrade unlocks than the cash, although doing Criminal Records/Supercar/1-lap races can net upgrades and cash quickly).
- Selling vehicles every 48mins (duplicating upgraded vehicles can need decent payouts quickly).
- Missions, but now more for some variety.

How do you dupe cars?

SnakeEyes

Banned
You can give money. Just go to Inventory -> Cash, and do whatever. You can definitely split cash from jobs, I think you might be able to just give any amount as well.
Nah, some people are reporting not being able to give cash full stop at the moment. Don't know if bug or not though.

torontoml

Just sent a few friend requests out to the guys that I end up playing with quite a bit, tried to send one to you immortal but your list is full.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Just got a hard freeze. Oddly enough music is still playing?

that just happened to me too.

and i saw everyone else in my session leaving right before. i think it froze everyone's ps3.

something weird must have happened server-side that just fucked everyone.

i had to turn off the ps3 and i think i should have just held it down for 2 seconds instead of 5, and when i brought it back up it said the hard drive had to be checked for errors. EEP. and then i had network connection issues so i had to restart the ps3 again.

Imm0rt4l

tomorrows Friday and still no word on that stimulus eh? I really need a supercar to tear some shit up in free roam when my crew gets into a skurmish.

tomorrows Friday and still no word on that stimulus eh? I really need a supercar to tear some shit up in free roam when my crew gets into a skurmish.

Probably postponed indefinitely because they're scrambling to fix that "new" (like a week old now) money glitch. If they haven't found a solution by now, it must be really bad.

Haha, I think I spawned in someone else's garage. Or mine just got partially replaced by a bunch of vehicles I've never seen before.

Swapped character and things went back to normal.

Watch out for that, I guess, or something.

edit
Now my Super Diamond is spazzing out. :D

Pretty sure I saw another player in my garage. They were in the "stealth mode" crouch and were walking near one of my cars. I tried walking into them to keep them out if my car, but ended up exiting.

Well that's new!

Doing a gta variant of criminal records.

Actually saw police on the race track!

And somehow I overtook qwell as host...again

Qwell

Tokyo, do you hear these people we are playing with? They are so pissed we are playing in GTA mode, its hilarious. I killed that guy right before he crossed the finish line and he went ballistic.

Gorillaz

Pretty sure it's in the mission description.

l

To be fair, I think parachuting in is a horrible idea, you get gunned down QUICK unless there is some other factor to help aid the mission. personally, I've had more luck sniping, evading the police, coming back, calling merryweather attack chopper(which is dumb cuz it costs money) and clearing out the driveway/entrance and shooting my way through the backyard.

I'm sure their must be an easier way, but I can't just parachute to the waypoint without getting killed.

Huh...I don't remember it showing up in the description could have missed it. I just figured it was enemies shooting from above the house at first.

I did do a merryweather attack on it before....didn't last more then about 2 mins. Waste of money.

Tokyo, do you hear these people we are playing with? They are so pissed we are playing in GTA mode, its hilarious. I killed that guy right before he crossed the finish line and he went ballistic.

Lol. Its hilarious!

SmithLadd is gold!

Him freaking out and insulting the aussie player made my night!

Imm0rt4l

Same. Like every other game I've tried plays nice with it too :(

I can't tell if you're being facetious. But most PS3 games work with it so we expected GTA V to too (especially since RDR works with it)

Nah, I'm serious. DS2 works with a lot of ps3 games, but not GTAV, Max Payne 3 doesn't work either.

Huh...I don't remember it showing up in the description could have missed it. I just figured it was enemies shooting from above the house at first.

I did do a merryweather attack on it before....didn't last more then about 2 mins. Waste of money.

I don't recall a description either. But I do recall it being in the gta online trailer, guys were parachuting in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olEGtoYs_8A&t=2m10s

Top Bottom