• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

RdN

I seriously recommend getting custom versions of the main racing cars.
Entity XF
Gauntlet
9F
and others I can't remember.

If you put some money into the cheaper ones, it can go a long way to helping you win races that allow custom cars (which in my experience is most of them)

It really is an smart move.

Since I bought and tuned my Entity, the amount of races won (and money gained) for me pretty much doubled. I've also got a custom Bati.

Now I'm saving for a Carbo.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Is there any reason to get a turbo or transmission upgrade if you're able to hit max acceleration with just the engine? I'm guessing at that point it's just throwing money away.

RdN

Is there any reason to get a turbo or transmission upgrade if you're able to hit max acceleration with just the engine? I'm guessing at that point it's just throwing money away.

I wanted to know this as well.. I haven't upgraded my cars past the max, but if it makes a difference I'll have to spend quite a bit more.

I'd also like some consensus on whether armor slows your car down and tire type makes a difference.

Defendthehouse needs to get on this shit.

Space Docker from single player.

You have to use out-of-game means to get it into Online, but once you have it, you can dupe it easily to give it to anyone else. More and more people are duping them for their friends, so they are starting to spread.

Thanks, gonna look that up later.

If only the LSC character swap exploit works for you; the Benefactor Dubsta (boxy SUV) seems to be the best choice. Base price is $7000, 23 mods. Fully modded at level 30 it sells for $51870. Typically shows up in the northern parts of Los Santos.

You need to drive back to your garage after having modded it for the mods to be retained after you've sold it.
Colors are worthless.
Wheels section, only bulletproof tires add to the price.
When you've spawned, always check the map first, if there's people near your path, just join a different session. Not worth wasting the time finding out whether they'll kill you and blow up your car or not (they probably will).
10 car garage by the airport is nice. No stupid apartment to walk through when you spawn, super close to an LSC that doesn't get much action, yet at least.

Haha, I think I spawned in someone else's garage. Or mine just got partially replaced by a bunch of vehicles I've never seen before.

Swapped character and things went back to normal.

Watch out for that, I guess, or something.

edit
Now my Super Diamond is spazzing out. :D

So is Rockstar not going to do anything about the glitchers? Playing the game honest, I get the feeling like I'm playing on hard mode, while others are playing on easy.

Eidan

Just got kicked from the session by other players. Wasn't even interacting with them and was doing my own thing.

Get kicked to single-player? Who the fuck came up with that?

Yeah, that's happened to me on several occasions. Last time I was just in free roam after spending a long time in several jobs. Decided to just get my character a haircut, having not interacted with any other players on the map, and I got booted out to single player. Made no sense.

So is Rockstar not going to do anything about the glitchers? Playing the game honest, I get the feeling like I'm playing on hard mode, while others are playing on easy.
Rockstar did patch the first exploit or three. This one's still working though. Maybe until next week? There was talk about cheaters getting pooled together. Not sure if that actually was/is the case.

Anyway, guess we'll see what happens.

As far as I can tell, having loads of money's only really advantageous if races allow for custom vehicles. Freeroam is an unbalanced shitfest regardless of anything, so it doesn't really matter.
Yeah, that's happened to me on several occasions. Last time I was just in free roam after spending a long time in several jobs. Decided to just get my character a haircut, having not interacted with any other players on the map, and I got booted out to single player. Made no sense.

Yeah I don't know if it's griefers abusing the Kick system (which I have no idea how it's supposed to work, do you call a vote or what's happening?) or the game just being broken and giving you the wrong error message when the connection goes funky.

As far as I can tell, having loads of money's only really advantageous if races allow for custom vehicles. Freeroam is an unbalanced shitfest regardless of anything, so it doesn't really matter.

True, except when you see a guy pull a supercar out of his garage, then change his mind and decide he really wanted to drive his other supercar, you get a little jealous. I mean, I love my modded out Schafter and all, but I'm really eyeing that Obey 9F with plans to fully mod it.

Who is jealous of my awesome car?

0_0.jpg

ScRYeD

Amen brother, we get a better sense of accomplishment though when we do finally get good shit..its just damn hard especially when your not happy with some of your paint jobs on cars and keep on wasting money like I do. I can never seem to get cash.

I'm not sure of everyone's GAF name from GTAO, but I had a great session with JellyBean, ScapeGoat and 'toritoni?'. Just blowing up everything, bailing into lakes, stealing planes and fighting off the cops for close to 30 minutes. That's the kind of stuff that keeps me playing this.

That was a great time! (I'm MrJellyBean). For as much as I've played this online, I haven't really messed around a lot in Free Roam and stuff like last night makes me want to do it more. It was great having 5 or 6 crew members in the lobby and having a bounty on the one other random person there and all of us going after them. Should have set my mic settings to everyone to hear if they were saying anything. Good times.

Also, I can't believe my Buzzard survived that collision with your Luxor. Those things can take a beating.

That was really fun! (I'm ScareGoat)

First time I've ever actually messed around in free roam. I normally sit there until I get a job or race invite.

My favorite part was when that dude in the small airplane (mallard?) smashed right into our helicopter and every one ragdolled to the ground.

Whaaa? I've never seen that many of the GAF Street crew in a lobby, I've probably only seen a maximum of two others besides myself. Free aim lobbies on Xbox are a ghost town for Gaffers.

That 6 was the most GAF dudes I've played with so far at the same time. In general though, I'll see one or two others in a lobby. I tend to see the same 10 people from the crew a lot.

Maddocks

two days in a row that I jump into a server after a mission and people are cruising around in tanks just blowing people up not giving two damns if they destroy your car or not. Just waiting around the insurance garage and blowing the cars up again. Then going down the street and blowing up the cars in the impound lot.

its like they know they getting banned or punished soon so they don't even care. I pretty much walk around like mad max now, you come 50 feet near me and I will kill you. No more will I look at people thinking they friendly.

Grinchy

Banned
I mean no offence to your taste, but what is usually a pretty sweet looking car is made quite ugly with the that carbon hood instead of a normal coloured one.

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I will never understand why carbon fiber hoods are attractive to anyone. To me it just makes it look like a car from a junk yard that had a spare hood smacked on because they didn't want to paint one the proper color.

-Deimos

I think I joined that lobby with you guys. Made 18k from the bounties you set before I got bad sported. Oh well, I'll just wait until Saturday night.

todahawk

two days in a row that I jump into a server after a mission and people are cruising around in tanks just blowing people up not giving two damns if they destroy your car or not. Just waiting around the insurance garage and blowing the cars up again. Then going down the street and blowing up the cars in the impound lot.

its like they know they getting banned or punished soon so they don't even care. I pretty much walk around like mad max now, you come 50 feet near me and I will kill you. No more will I look at people thinking they friendly.

That's pretty much where I'm at too. Guys that try to come in close or are obviously eyeballing you I just open up on them.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
That 6 was the most GAF dudes I've played with so far at the same time. In general though, I'll see one or two others in a lobby. I tend to see the same 10 people from the crew a lot.

Just about every free roam lobby I join has at least 1 crew member in it. The most I've played with at once in free roam was 3. We certainly need to do more of that. Makes free roam infinitely more fun.

SnakeEyes

Banned
The turbo is a definite! The first car I bought it for was the Elergy RH8 and it goes like a goddamn missile now, not only in top end speed but also acceleration too.

-Deimos

I wanted to know this as well.. I haven't upgraded my cars past the max, but if it makes a difference I'll have to spend quite a bit more.

The stats in the garage lie. You can improve your car even if the acceleration bar is full. Go into races to check the real stats for your car.

That was really fun! (I'm ScareGoat)

First time I've ever actually messed around in free roam. I normally sit there until I get a job or race invite.

My favorite part was when that dude in the small airplane (mallard?) smashed right into our helicopter and every one ragdolled to the ground.

Yeah, it seems a helicopter has a good chance against a plane in a collision. Maybe it has to do with a plane hitting the helicopters blades that just crushes them since I think that happened in both instances of me surviving a plane into helicopter collision.

I think I joined that lobby with you guys. Made 18k from the bounties you set before I got bad sported. Oh well, I'll just wait until Saturday night.
You're SOLID_SNAKE or something like that, right? I remember you in the lobby. I think Imm0rt4l (GODHAND something or other I think) was in there too for a little bit.

I know I did the Los Santos Connection with you Imm0rt4l last night. Sorry for being terrible. I liked the last time we played and you died parachuting JUST before getting to the end. That mission is hard with just two players. At least I think that was you who I was playing that mission with.

Just about every free roam lobby I join has at least 1 crew member in it. The most I've played with at once in free roam was 3. We certainly need to do more of that. Makes free roam infinitely more fun.
What's the best way to get a lobby with a bunch of crew members? I'd actually like to do that tonight when I get on. Not a full lobby of crew members though. Need to have a few randoms to put bounties on.

SnakeEyes

Banned
How would this work? Invite only session?

I haven't tried invite only sessions so I'm unsure of the logistics.
You'd probably have to have people added to your PSN list, because I don't believe you can invite by username in-game unless they're in your crew or on your friends list.

-Deimos

Yeah, I'm SOLID-SNAKE04.

For the lobby, we can use invite only or "crew session". I don't know how well crew only works, but invite works fine as far as I can tell. It would be a lot easier if we actually stayed in the same lobby after each mission, though.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
What's the best way to get a lobby with a bunch of crew members? I'd actually like to do that tonight when I get on. Not a full lobby of crew members though. Need to have a few randoms to put bounties on.

I'm not going to be able to play tonight. Got a bunch of stuff to do tonight. But you should add me on PSN same name as here. That goes for anyone playing on PS3 in the Gaming Age crew. FFS though put a message in the friend request otherwise they go straight into the trash.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Death from Above is freaking impossible on solo! And no one wants to play with me! UGGGHHH!!!!!
Agreed, and it'll be because that mission sucks. I managed to do it a couple of times with 2-3 people, just because they made for good distractions and I was able to escape with the photo. I now avoid that mission at all costs.

Yeah, I'm SOLID-SNAKE04.

For the lobby, we can use invite only or "crew session". I don't know how well crew only works, but invite works fine as far as I can tell. It would be a lot easier if we actually stayed in the same lobby after each mission, though.
Nice. I'll give it a shot tonight to see how it goes. I'll probably post before I try sending invites to the crew.

As for the being in the same lobby after missions, I've seen lots of people say they get split up, but I must be having some great luck since it pretty much works all of the time for me. That's how we got so many people in the lobby last night. It was me, Bob and toro doing a mission and ScareGoat joined late and was spectating. We went to the lobby after that mission and it was us and one other random person there. Then other crew members started to join. Strange that some people get split up a bunch and others don't.

I'm not going to be able to play tonight. Got a bunch of stuff to do tonight. But you should add me on PSN same name as here. That goes for anyone playing on PS3 in the Gaming Age crew. FFS though put a message in the friend request otherwise they go straight into the trash.
I'll send a friend request tonight when I get on.

Death from Above is freaking impossible on solo! And no one wants to play with me! UGGGHHH!!!!!
Death from Above is not impossible on Solo sir. I've done it on Solo and hard. You have to strategically use your lives and be very fast and directed. Go to the main entrance gate, kill everyone directly in front of you around the parked cars, then make a beeline for the path to your right that leads to the target. As long as you kill the three or four guards defending the target you have enough time to take a pic of the body. Then you die and in your new life drive to Martin's with no wanted level.

Why is Death from Above called Death from Above? Most of the other mission names make sense, but I can't find the pun/link with this one.

Ideally you're suppose to steal a helicopter/plane and parachute in to the mansion shooting people are you descend, which it suggests you do in the description. I say ideally because the amount of time it takes to find an aircraft is not worth doing, and the aimbots in GTA Online make it impossible to parachute in.

Top Bottom