• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Is it the one where you swap characters after selling a car?
That does not work! I keep respawning back on the stolen car i sold & not outside with my own car that i want to sell.

You are doing it wrong.

1) change spawn location to last location.
2) grab car you want to sell and fully mod it.
3) drive outside so it saves location or force cloud save.
4) drive in, click on sell, confirm sell, press start, click on swap characters, press A/X on character.
5) you will be in random lobby, rinse and repeat.

Use the LSC by the airport.

Omni

I'm already kinda bored. I'm rank 29, I have a garage and a nice car. As well as several powerful weapons. What else is there to do? Everything seems sooo grindy that I just can't be bothered doing any of it. Apartments just seem like a bigger hole to throw your money in.

For a while there I spent my time bounty hunting... but even that gets a bit stale. Scenarios always play out the same: I either shoot them as they're trying to flee in a car, or they hide in their apartments.

Oh for fuck's sake I defended myself again and now I'm a bad sport for blowing up this guy's car. Im in the loser lobby now and it's a fucking warzone of explosions and racial slurs. How long does this last?

Someone from Gaf street( TangoAlphaLima I think) came in and saved from some bros who were very angry I killed their friend with a bounty and were camping my personal vehicle .

Shit was dope

Someone from Gaf street( TangoAlphaLima I think) came in and saved from some bros who were very angry I killed their friend with a bounty and were camping my personal vehicle .

Shit was dope

Hey yeah, that was me. Saw you were getting ganged up, so I grabbed my Entity and went to help out. We rocked them hard.

So I just saw something strange. I was on a regular free roam, but one guy in it had the bad sport dunce cap on. Is that a hat option or something? Or was he just going to be put in a bad sport lobby the next time he logged on?

Hey yeah, that was me. Saw you were getting ganged up, so I grabbed my Entity and went to help out. We rocked them hard.

So I just saw something strange. I was on a regular free roam, but one guy in it had the bad sport dunce cap on. Is that a hat option or something? Or was he just going to be put in a bad sport lobby the next time he logged on?

I heard that you keep it after the 2 days in banishment...until you pick another hat.

I've somehow ran into LSC on foot on two occasions. The ones I went in were fully modeled like any other interior which is neat.

From what I can tell, the easiest way to do this is to somehow jam a car under the doorway before it shuts as you're leaving. I'm not totally sure if just backing up works, but it helps if you bail just before the cutscene starts. From there you can usually squeeze into the customs and do whatever.

TheJLC

I don't see how you guys/gals get bad sport so easily. I just get the warning after blowing up a few personal cars and have yet to be labeled bad sport.

Alright, someone please help me out with a few answers. I dont have any friends who really play this game so I just dont know.

Am I supposed to be doing missions, races? AI generated missions or random player in the lobby mission invites? Should I just run around killing people and robbing stores?

I just dont know what I'm supposed to be doing or whats best to do. Like I said I play almost 100% of the time by myself so consider that please.

TheJLC

Alright, someone please help me out with a few answers. I dont have any friends who really play this game so I just dont know.

Am I supposed to be doing missions, races? AI generated missions or random player in the lobby mission invites? Should I just run around killing people and robbing stores?

I just dont know what I'm supposed to be doing or whats best to do. Like I said I play almost 100% of the time by myself so consider that please.

All of the above.

Just do whatever you feel like doing, is pretty much how this game goes. The AI missions are the same that players invite you to do. Most missions are co-op, so more than often a player is inviting you to help them out. You will all receive money and RP for completing a mission together.

Players may also invite you to deathmatches or races. It's up to you if you wish to join them. Overall it's best to play with friends, instead of alone. You can have more fun and can decide together on what to do.

All of the above.

Just do whatever you feel like doing, is pretty much how this game goes. The AI missions are the same that players invite you to do. Most missions are co-op, so more than often a player is inviting you to help them out. You will all receive money and RP for completing a mission together.

Players may also invite you to deathmatches or races. It's up to you if you wish to join them. Overall it's best to play with friends, instead of alone. You can have more fun and can decide together on what to do.

Thanks. I just didnt know if ___X____ was a waste of time or this or that was better for making progress.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Thanks. I just didnt know if ___X____ was a waste of time or this or that was better for making progress.

do jobs if you want to rank up.

otherwise, just do whatever, and have fun IMO. don't take it too seriously, since there's not really a great progression system in the game.

I still had mine on for a little while after my ban was up. They probably have to buy/change their hat.

duckroll

http://www.rockstargames.com/V/news

GTA$ Stimulus - Some time "next week", after a new title update, which they hope sorts out the progress loss issues. Hope it works this time. :p

Beach Bum Pack - Coming in "early November", with content for both GTAO and Single Player.

Content Creator - Coming "this Fall". :(

No word on Heists at all, probably shouldn't expect them this year at all. They're starting Social Club Weekend Events though, so that's something at least. Maybe.

cdkee

Banned
Favs from my garage:

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Still level 10, and I just had my very first dogfight on a jet against some other dude. Pretty intense. That five minutes spinning around the sky felt like a lifetime.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Looking forward to the beach bum pack, need me some more clothes.

I do look forward to a time where game creators just make basic model of an item and let you then pick the colour, not "here's 3 colours of some shorts in the most ugly bright shades we could think of that match nothing, have fun"

dosh

Is there a way to call Trevor, ask him for a job and replay his missions? Or do I have to call Ron over and over, and hope he will give me Crystal Clear out?

DodgerSan

Setting up a crew only race, invite only server. Matchmaking is closed.

Boom. Randoms join. This has been going on since day 1 and is still not fixed.

bLaiSe

Does the selling cars over $50000 glitch still work? I just tried it with my Entity and it didn't put me near LSC but in my apartment so I panicked and turned off the PS3 immediately. I have the spawning set to last location.

Ted

I want chrome, how many wins you need?

I was racing some freeway race with two guys in chrome Feltzers last night, it was like being in Dubai.

Setting up a crew only race, invite only server. Matchmaking is closed.

Boom. Randoms join. This has been going on since day 1 and is still not fixed.

This is *so* annoying. I sent this issue to R*. Everyone else should do the same. It is annoying as both the host and as a random who ends up in another groups closed session.

gtaonline@rockstargames.com

I rearranged and kind of decided on my final 9 of 10 cars yesterday. Left space for a supercar and/or to use to re-arrange again. I think it is more likely to be the latter as I'm not sure I will ever be able to afford a super car!

The following, including mods, a lost fully modded gauntlet and mods to the Elegy now replaced, according to my stats is about 2 million in terms of spend:

Akuma (bought):

Blista (stolen):

Sultan (stolen):

Gauntlet (stolen x 2):

SandKing XL (stolen):

Baller (stolen):

Injection (bought):

Debauchee (bought):

Sentinel XS (stolen):

And I reckon I need to spend another 100 - 150 K to get the rest fully modded.

I've been pretty good at ensuring I always have a baller to sell at LSC and have done a shit load of racing and co-op missions but without the unsolicited gift of 500k from some random guy I would never have been able to even fully mod the Debauchee (100+ k car, 50k for a turbo!).

How much is a turbo for a supercar?!

Seep

Just been attacked for no reason by some knob, firefight ensues his car gets fucked I'm $12500 out of pocket and a nice message telling me don't blow people's cars up or else. fuck off.

Fix this shit rockstar. Don't start none won't be none.

If someone randomly kills me, I'll just respawn (usually near them) and snipe the shit out of them.

If they left the area already I'll just call mercenaries on them.

I haven't play GTA 5 Online in 2 days and can't say I miss it. Stuff was getting boring to be honest.

Kind of in the same boat. I just feel like there's nothing to do... I haven't played since last week. Booted it up and just stood in my apartment and I was like "well... I guess I'll do nothing."

I was thinking there would be more PvE things than there are.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Kind of in the same boat. I just feel like there's nothing to do... I haven't played since last week. Booted it up and just stood in my apartment and I was like "well... I guess I'll do nothing."

I was thinking there would be more PvE things than there are.

I'm starting to be in the same camp as both of you. I don't want to be, I want GTAO to be fun and carry me through until some compelling stuff comes out on PS4. I just really don't see it happening though. I have a feeling that after Nov 15 I'll probably end up abandoning it. If that's the case I'll have to try to find someone to manage the crew. I'm hoping that Beach Bum pack Duckroll posted about breathes some life back into it for me. Then maybe the content creator will help but I just don't know.

Shame.

J4g3r

Oh for fuck's sake I defended myself again and now I'm a bad sport for blowing up this guy's car. Im in the loser lobby now and it's a fucking warzone of explosions and racial slurs. How long does this last?

It happened to me for defending myself as well. (Though I did defend myself quite a few times...)

Best you can do to prevent it happening in the future is put a bounty on the person who is trying to kill you. That way, killing them in their own car doesn't count towards bad sport! :)

I really do think that they need to have something single player PvE missions... or things that you can do alone.

Also seems like the already poor matchamaking got worse lately. Been only joining "random" games with 1 or 2 people or all alone.

.. 60 seconds, nobody joins.

He probably defended himself... several times... lol.

oh ok, lol. I accidently blew up 3 or 4 personal vehicles now and I only got the message once saying "dont blow up other peoples cars or you will be a bad sport" etc...

I wish they would have a detection system like Dayz. If you just run up to someone and kill them in Dayz it counts as a murder but, if the person shoots and hits you and you shoot and kill them it counts as self defense, not a murder.

Top Bottom