• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Kssio_Aug

Does anyone want to do Criminal Records at PS3?
If yes, add me at PSN (same id as my nick here in gaf), and just write thats from gaf!

Arcteryx

Why do the brakes not affect the car at all.

Race brakes on the Sultan seemingly dont move the bar in any significant amount,

Dunno. Even with the cars that you can see the bar jump up a bit, it's still an incredibly tiny sliver of an improvement and I don't notice in-game braking differences anyways.

CF4wSUY.png

UOI8eHd.png

VWT33uT.png

Felt like doing some sight seeing in my BF Injection.

Also finally found an ATV.. doesn't seem like you can keep it htough? I tried to take it to a mod shop to get a tracker and it said "You cannot modify this vehicle." Blast.

I really do think that they need to have something single player PvE missions... or things that you can do alone.

I haven't done it, yet I know you can complete Los Santos Connection alone. I made it all the way to the hangar and accidentally blew up the coke with a helicopter. You have to kill enemies until they stop respawning before hacking the laptop.

AReed

Is everyone sure performance stats carry over to races? Cause I used my custom Bati in a race, but the stats didn't show an increase in acceleration (I have turbo). It felt fast, I guess.

Gorillaz

Got kicked out of a criminal records lobby for no reason. lol.

It doesn't seem like something that people would want to only do with friends. I though the more people the better it is?

Grisby

Got 20k for beating a full survival match. Most money I've ever seen from this game. Lobbies do seen more deserterd lately. I too am getting a bit bored as the game just doesn't flow very well. Hate starting a misson only to have to spend so much time getting to the destination.

Finally got my hands on some helicopters and planes though. Was fun swooping over other people's (all 3 of them) heads.

AReed

New favorite thing to do to fight boredom:

Put on bike shorts and a tank top, ride around on a bicycle and try to intercept other players. They apparently have something against bicycles or men with short shorts as they try to run you over. After they fail to kill you and when they come back for seconds you blast them with you AK.

Then you ride off peacefully.

I only kill those that try to kill me.

Tawpgun

Haha holy shit. There was a guy in a tank terrorizing everyone, I called in the mercs on him for a distraction and then unloaded all of my stickies and nades on him, killing him,

Haha holy shit. There was a guy in a tank terrorizing everyone, I called in the mercs on him for a distraction and then unloaded all of my stickies and nades on him, killing him,
I was in a room yesterday with a fellow Gaffer, and he was annihilating EVERYONE in his tank for a good 20 minutes. I can't tell you how many kills he got. I believe it was Agnostic. It was hilarious, as everyone was converging to the center of the city in a giant full scale war. At certain points, I was standing on top of the tank sniping people that got too close. He eventually got a large bounty put on him, but still, it took at least 10-15 more minutes before someone finally took him down. The amount of salty rage coming through my speakers from everyone was delicious.

I guess it never occurred to people to drive *away* from the countless explosions going on in front of you!

Just found out the hard way, you don't enter a mission with randoms in a super car.

Pricks.

Once I get a little more money...I plan on doing just that. Except, first, I plan to set my vehicle settings to everyone, and then equip it with the ignition bomb. I've been wanting to do that since I saw that option!

Also, Broken, are you one PSN or XBL?

Finalizer

Just found out the hard way, you don't enter a mission with randoms in a super car.

Pricks.

Haven't had too many issues myself. Worst have been some guys trying to take my car, getting kicked out when I set vehicle access to no-one, then vainly trying to shoot out my bullet-proof tires. They can blow up my car if they wanna foot the insurance bill, heh.

Finalizer

So people are still able to play this? I haven't been able to connect for the past week.

Haven't played in a few days, but was fine till then.

Also, pondering if I should just go ahead and mod my BF Injection or go hunt for a Bodhi. Just want one for an off-road class vehicle. Apparently the Dune Buggy can't be modded, so as much as I want it, I couldn't put insurance on the dang thing anyway, which is just asking for trouble.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Haven't played in a few days, but was fine till then.

Also, pondering if I should just go ahead and mod my BF Injection or go hunt for a Bodhi. Just want one for an off-road class vehicle. Apparently the Dune Buggy can't be modded, so as much as I want it, I couldn't put insurance on the dang thing anyway, which is just asking for trouble.

Definitely upgrade your Injection. Fast and great for offroading.

painey

all I want to do is play real missions.. as in missions with single player characters. I hate all this 'mission' stuff that is just a team deathmatch. I want cutscenes!

so im online, and a message pops up saying "a special crate will drop in 3 hours" all in gold lettering. I never saw this before, but apparently it will drop at 4pm pst.

Boo-urns, beans, boo-urns. Wanted to get some Bean gang action.

Oh well, oddly enough I have several other Baron's on my FL, I'll see about getting the crew together. Perhaps I'll collect them all, and we can ravage the skies in red bi planes, while laughing maniacally.

Hawaii 22

Neo Member
so im online, and a message pops up saying "a special crate will drop in 3 hours" all in gold lettering. I never saw this before, but apparently it will drop at 4pm pst.

Saw this for the first time some days ago, so it's not that new. Also, I think they mean ingame-hours.

Boo-urns, beans, boo-urns. Wanted to get some Bean gang action.

Oh well, oddly enough I have several other Baron's on my FL, I'll see about getting the crew together. Perhaps I'll collect them all, and we can ravage the skies in red bi planes, while laughing maniacally.

Ah man that sucks I would of been up for that.

Anyone from GAF bay about?

SnakeEyes

Banned
Played with someone by the name of Quint last night for a little bit, had some fun. Saw about 8 or 9 NGAF'ers online but when I sent invites out, no one would accept.

hexen

Neo Member

got those a couple of times now, nothing too special sadly.

5k $, 5k rp, temporary minigun in everyone

Spasm

Just found out the quickest and easiest way to farm the $22k Felon GTs from Out of Court Settlement.

As soon as the mission starts, holster your weapon.
Grab a car, and approach the lawyer when he's stopped waiting at a red light.
Maneuver your car in front of him like he's T-boning you. Get his front bumper as close to your passenger door as possible, but don't touch him.
Jump out, and (with your weapon holstered), jack his ride.
Forget about him, forget about the evidence... The race is on. High-tail it back to your garage. If you live close, you can beat him, and the Felon GT is yours.
Step out of your garage, and the mission should end in failure. He escaped.
Press RT to retry. Repeat until your garage is full.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Just found out the quickest and easiest way to farm the $22k Felon GTs from Out of Court Settlement.

Maneuver your car in front of him like he's T-boning you. Get his front bumper as close to your passenger door as possible, but don't touch him.
Forget about him, forget about the evidence... The race is on. High-tail it back to your garage. If you live close, you can beat him, and the Felon GT is yours.
Ooh, have to give that a go!

This is the only "glitch" that I do except my garage only has one spot so I just kill the lawyer, get the car to my garage and finish the mission.

Edit: It beats selling ballers at $9000.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

If you have at least two spaces in your garage, you could probably also dupe them.

I got the tailgater on a new character :D

Some level ~25 fool decided to chase/kill me during the tutorial missions and I thought I'd lost it, but it was still where it was when I died. Now to track him down with my tank at the ready

-Deimos

You can just dupe it at lsc.

0_0.jpg

Ignition explosives are the best thing. It's so great to just cruise around in style, wait for jealous assholes to try to steal your car, and watch them erupt in fiery death. Then they have to pay the insurance. Lovely.

SnakeEyes

Banned
0_0.jpg

Ignition explosives are the best thing. It's so great to just cruise around in style, wait for jealous assholes to try to steal your car, and watch them erupt in fiery death. Then they have to pay the insurance. Lovely.
I've always wanted this confirmed - the ignition bombs don't destroy the car when you drive it, only when some other player tries to drive your car? Does it kill crew members who get into the drivers seat? Do you have to replace the bomb each time it blows the car?

Either way that's excellent, I shall invest in it for every car.

Top Bottom