• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

I've always wanted this confirmed - the ignition bombs don't destroy the car when you drive it, only when some other player tries to drive your car? Does it kill crew members who get into the drivers seat? Do you have to replace the bomb each time it blows the car?

Either way that's excellent, I shall invest in it for every car.

I think you can only have one at a time. It doesn't let you mod a vehicle further after the bomb's been placed. If you want to further mod it, blow it up and get it replaced.

-Deimos

0_0.jpg

Ignition explosives are the best thing. It's so great to just cruise around in style, wait for jealous assholes to try to steal your car, and watch them erupt in fiery death. Then they have to pay the insurance. Lovely.

They have to pay the insurance? How about for remote bombs?

AReed

Wow. So I jacked the Fusilade, which is one of the cars Simeon wants, and made it my own. Now every time I come out of my garage I get a wanted level. LOL

cdkee

Banned
Still want lux models, lol.

I have a rapid GT, it's alright but traction leaves a lot to be desired

Coquette is probably one of my favorites on the traction/speed front...I just don't like it because it's a corvette lol.

Second would be the Carbonazzaire or whatever it's called (the Ferrari 458).

The GTR is probably the best for traction though outside of supercars.

ScRYeD

Coquette is probably one of my favorites on the traction/speed front...I just don't like it because it's a corvette lol.

Second would be the Carbonazzaire or whatever it's called (the Ferrari 458).

The GTR is probably the best for traction though outside of supercars.
The only problem with the carbonazzaire would be the ugly interior.

Diebuster

0_0.jpg

Ignition explosives are the best thing. It's so great to just cruise around in style, wait for jealous assholes to try to steal your car, and watch them erupt in fiery death. Then they have to pay the insurance. Lovely.

You just sold me on ignition bombs. It might get tedious having to call the insurance frequently, but it sounds worth it.

I'm having trouble deciding on cars for both super and sports categories. I had decided on the Entity for super because of it's acceleration, but when I give it a try on a race, I'm always sliding all over the place. This isn't the case with the Adder. The listed value for handling is higher on the Entity, which makes me wonder if the stats are to be trusted at all. Or am I incorrectly associating handling with traction?

For sports I have no idea what I want, I was going to save up for an Obey 9F because of the stats, but now I'm not sure if they can be trusted. I need to try some of them out for comparison. Right now I'm using a Fusilade with minor upgrades.

I'm an asshole......

I have over a million now after giving this game another chance. so, how do I spend that money? by placing bounties on random people. there was this one guy who was trying to get his yellow sabre turbo to a repair shop, guess who got a lot of $10,000 bounties placed on him? ah, fun for the whole family!

I'm an asshole......

I have over a million now after giving this game another chance. so, how do I spend that money? by placing bounties on random people. there was this one guy who was trying to get his yellow sabre turbo to a repair shop, guess who got a lot of $10,000 bounties placed on him? ah, fun for the whole family!

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. I have a nice apartment, a bunch of cars etc. I was going to save up for a Buzzard but it seems pointless.

My current favorite thing to do is gather some friends, place bounties on each other and then hold up inside the bank. With three bounties in the one enterable building eventually the entire server has a go.

Lol so my GTA file just have me that damage corrupted message for the single player. I was 2/3rds through the game and now that's all gone yayyyyyy. I'm assuming I'm SOL?

Lol so my GTA file just have me that damage corrupted message for the single player. I was 2/3rds through the game and now that's all gone yayyyyyy. I'm assuming I'm SOL?
This alone makes PS+ worth it.or maybe back up with a usb? Anyway, try leading the autosave data.Good luck. I had this glitch where my post-game save data messes up my phone. It even bleeds over onto my online character.So, I had to start a new game just to play online. Oh, and my level 91 character got deleted, lol. My new character's 52, now.Work through the bullshit.

The Matchmaking in GTA O is just so bad.

I've never played 2 games in a row that had people in them. I joined a "Quick Mission," and had a good run of Top Fun 1. Most people quit once they died (and why wouldn't they, it's 3 ro 4 minutes of waiting once you die)... And so the next game was another mission, one where you have to steal a truck with 4 teams. There were 4 people in the game ... out of an ideal 12. So it took like 10 minutes toget the truck and just drove to the base, and that was it. By the end of the match, only 2 people were left.

R* has designed a lot of this very, very poorly.

Oh man. :/ I was running from the cops and I tried to get into my garage but, since they saw me pull in it wouldn't let me in my garage. So I cooked a grenade to blow up the two cop cars, just as I tossed it another play pulls up right next to them in their personal vehicle and it blew him up too. Got the message about blowing up someone's personal vehicle and had to pay the insurance. I sent a message to the person telling him I didn't see him there and I was sorry. Hope I'm not in the bad sport lobby next time I login.

Scuderia

My current favorite thing to do is gather some friends, place bounties on each other and then hold up inside the bank. With three bounties in the one enterable building eventually the entire server has a go.

Which bank is this?

Also, the buzzard might not be worth it, but i bet the tank is, right?

thirded, complete waste of fucking money. you have to drive where they feel like dumping it. i just go to the helipad at the airport and there's usually at least one there. plus no delivery fee!

Wow, that sucks. I thought we would be able to be a hangar at the airports or something. Having to buy a plane or chopper then have it delivered to you is stupid.

The listed value for handling is higher on the Entity, which makes me wonder if the stats are to be trusted at all.

I've been very skeptical about the stats as well--they don't seem to be standardized whatsoever, which makes it difficult to judge how much traction, for example, the minute differences are actually accounting for.

The stats should account for the same measures of performance across all classes of vehicles, so that we can have a definitive yardstick for all vehicles, but that just doesn't seem to be the case. An SUV with 3 bars for acceleration is still much slower off the line than a supercar with 3 bars for acceleration, so the stats are probably scaled against a class archetype. I think maybe the acceleration stat also has some interplay with the top speed stat, i.e. the vehicle is allowed to reach its top speed at a factor of its acceleration stat. This would mean that two cars with the same accel stat will actually accelerate at different rates depending on their overall top speed rating.

There are also some strange discrepancies for the motorcycles--anyone who has done enough motorcycle races knows that the Bati/Bati RR have the best stats, but the Akuma seems to outhandle it despite its lower stats.

Anyway, for the Sports class, I'd go with the Carbonizarre on races with long straights or the Feltzer for races with lots of tight turns. The 9F seems a decent Feltzer substitute.

One more stat-related oddity: I modded my F620 for full acceleration at LSC, but when I brought it back to my garage and pressed Down on the dpad to view its stats, it was still about 1/5 a bar shy of full accel. This seems to suggest the stats are computed and displayed via at least 2 different methods, which again encourages skepticism. Ehh.

They have to pay the insurance? How about for remote bombs?
Not certain about the remote bombs--haven't tried those yet. Just make sure you set your car accessibility to "Everyone" when you equip an ignition bomb, and as mentioned before, make sure you're done modding before applying the bomb. Also not certain if the bomb will explode or not when a crew member/friend takes the wheel. If it does, it shouldn't, but that wouldn't be a surprising oversight at all considering the current state of the game. Makes me nervous to try.

Ok, ACTUALLY, I don't think the ignition bombs force the transgressor to pay your insurance--that must have been when a guy stickied my car and I thought it still had the ignition bomb attached--I didn't see him get in, but heard the explosion/saw the notification and assumed. It actually seems like a successful ignition bombing requires you to pay $1k insurance. The bombs are only good for 1 explosion--it isn't equipped on your replacement car. So it's $5k for the bomb and a $1k insurance claim afterward, so you're actually paying $6k a pop for the satisfaction of killing anyone who wants your car more than you do. Still justifiable for me with the amount of racing I do or for anyone glitching money... it's just too satisfying... but for slow-going players, $6k each time will add up fast. Damnit, Rockstar. Forcing us to make decisions.

Seibmoz

My VPN is enabled my default on my router (Linksys) could this be there reason I'm having issues connecting to GTA online? I setup my console with a DMZ today and that fixed my issue connecting to GTA online, so now I'm trying to work backwards and figure out which setting on my router is keeping me from getting into GTA online when in not DMZ.
Also is there a downside to disabling my vpn passthrough if I don not use it?

todahawk

Wow, that sucks. I thought we would be able to be a hangar at the airports or something. Having to buy a plane or chopper then have it delivered to you is stupid.

Yep, first time I called for it I was up by Trevor's hangar and helipad and it put it on the roof of the hospital just south of the main skyscrapers downtown. I sat there staring at my map, couldn't believe how far away it was. Add on top of it the $1,000 "delivery fee" after you shell out $2.5 mil (iirc) and instant buyers remorse.

you should also be able to turn off lock on missiles. as in just make them dumb fire... way to easy to lock onto shit you don't want.

Sorry to whoever lostsurf is – I wasn't ignoring you (DakarZero), but my 48 min was up and it was time to sell a car for some sweet sweet cash.

Then when I came out there was a crate so I went and got that, and then I was near a gang attack… (The game is great when you can string together events like that)

---

Decided to go after a bounty last night, but since the guy was in the middle of dunes and I'm a bitch I decided to throw a sticky on a BF Injection to go hunting, It turned out to be a wise precaution because when I arrived he was waiting without a car. I crested a dune, he took aim with his AR and I detonated by car for the bounty.

---

They need to rejigger the RP payouts in this game. I got the platinum medal for carjackings last night and was rewarded with 400 RP. For reference, carjacking 500 cars = 400 RP bonus, 1 gang attack, 500 RP.

Not to mention 10, 15, 20, 25 people in the gang attack? All 500 RP. Derp.

I do wish there was a way to locate the nearest one. They're everywhere but I like to discover new ones as much as possible. I have to think I've found over 20 so far.

---

Finally some NPC put a $1000 bounty on me last night and it was just me and another dude in the lobby. He ignored me long enough that I thought it was fine but as I go to rob a store I notice he chasing me. So I go in the store and decide what I'm going to do and he drives up then leaves. Subtle. I now know my car has a bomb on it.

So I rob the cashier, kill him giving me three stars and hoof it outside, ignoring my car. As I scale a wall BOOM my car explodes. Nice try. I then try to evade three stars, and my pursuer seems to be hanging back or going somewhere else. I jack another car try to lose the police and finally decide to grab a chopper. Hit the helipad near the beach jump in a annihilator and BAM guy snipes me. I ain't even mad, I just have no idea how he was ready for that.

AReed

Sorry to whoever lostsurf is – I wasn't ignoring you (DakarZero), but my 48 min was up and it was time to sell a car for some sweet sweet cash.

Then when I came out there was a crate so I went and got that, and then I was near a gang attack… (The game is great when you can string together events like that)

No worries lol.

Anyway, for the Sports class, I'd go with the Carbonizarre on races with long straights or the Feltzer for races with lots of tight turns. The 9F seems a decent Feltzer substitute.

I randomly stole a Carbonizarre in a solo game, robbed an armored truck and had a long 4 star chase across the city. That's when I really feel like I can get a handle on what a car can do, and this one felt great. Good accel, top speed, and I was able to handle it pretty well with taking quick turns. It's not my favorite looking car in its class, but I liked the way it handled.

-Deimos

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...rue&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

This one lists the stats, whether or not they can be stolen and kept, how much they costs online, and how much they sell for.

I think the answer you might want is: Schyster Fusilade. 8 speed, 3 brake, 8 accel, 7.4 handling. It was my first car, and I'm still using it until I decide which sports class car to buy.

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for. Fusilade was also my first car, good thing I kept it.

Top Bottom