• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Rockstar should add the option to buy Cargobobs and Lazers. Dunno why the Cargobob can be purchased in SP but not Online. And also Fire Trucks.

EDIT: Holy crap, I just drove a police car into a LSC, and ran over the mechanic. I then proceeded to camp there until this guy with a bounty tried to drive in, I drove out and ambushed him. :p

My newest entertainment. Parking my motorcycle inconspicuously in a parking spot outside LSC with an ignition bomb.
0_0.jpg

Glorious. Worth every penny. I'm about to go upset some people.

dosh

Rockstar should add the option to buy Cargobobs and Lazers. Dunno why the Cargobob can be purchased in SP but not Online. And also Fire Trucks.
They should at least keep spawning in specific places. Since I got to level 30, I havent't seen a single cargobob.

There are so many easy, little things that could be done to make the game much more fun and random.

I just escaped an insane gunfight involving most of the server, it was insane. People dying everywhere, mercenaries called in, cops showing up, players in helicopter circling the whole thing and crashing in huge explosions of glory... Some guy even had a tank, it was fantastic.
And then, personal vehicles started blowing up and everybody calmed down because of the bad sport thing. Sad.

I love racing in this game. I hate people who race dirty as fuck. Accident are going to happen and I don't mind, but when people intentionally try to spin me out over and over, it gets on my nerves. >:/

Pennybags

They should at least keep spawning in specific places. Since I got to level 30, I havent't seen a single cargobob.

There is a specific cargobob spawn once you start getting froggers and buzzards.

I'm not very helpful beyond that though, because I don't know where it is off the top of my head.

It could possibly be the Merryweather security portion of the south docks of LS.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Also, why have Cargobobs stopped spawning at the various helipads? I haven't seen one since like, level 25. And I've been looking.

I don't think anything's stopped spawning. It's just random/temperamental at best.

I found a Cargobob parked next to a Titan at one of the countryside airfields the other day. Promptly took the latter for a spin in the city, before laying it down in a busy intersection outside the strip club.

Btw, be careful when taking off in it - not as immune to cars as it is in that one Lester mission...

Pfft thought we was a crew, a fellow crew memeber just killed me while i was heading to my garage. Heh dont know why he did but I got my revenge, blew up him and the cop car he had parked blocking the garage

Pfft thought we was a crew, a fellow crew memeber just killed me while i was heading to my garage. Heh dont know why he did but I got my revenge, blew up him and the cop car he had parked blocking the garage

Weird. In the countless times I've come across fellow crew members I've never had any attack me.

Just a few hours ago I dropped into a free roam session and didn't realize another crew member was in it also. I saw someone had a bounty pretty close to me so I hopped on my Akuma and thought I'd get some easy money. I stop in the road, and aim at the dude with the bounty coming towards me then...I see his name is Quint. I was like 'oh shit it's Quint! I almost killed a GAFer!"

Then I followed him around and helped kill people who tried to get him for the bounty. That was fun!

Imm0rt4l

I love the aesthetics of the jb700, but after racing a lot in sports and super class, and driving only my exemplar and my bike for the day. I have a new perspective going back to the jb700, the handling is absolutely horrible, I mean I always knew it wasn't good, but it's really bad.

Weird. In the countless times I've come across fellow crew members I've never had any attack me.

Just a few hours ago I dropped into a free roam session and didn't realize another crew member was in it also. I saw someone had a bounty pretty close to me so I hopped on my Akuma and thought I'd get some easy money. I stop in the road, and aim at the dude with the bounty coming towards me then...I see his name is Quint. I was like 'oh shit it's Quint! I almost killed a GAFer!"

Then I followed him around and helped kill people who tried to get him for the bounty. That was fun!

Usually when I see crew members I honk the horn at them, and go about my way But for some reasin he opened fire on me. He had a cop car blocking the entrance so I couldnt go in so as i was backing up heshot me. I spawn back sticky the cop car and blew him up, wish i could recall his name thanks to R* small text its hard to read the screen sometimes

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
The breaking isn't as good, and it feels like it has less traction. I find myself sliding around more in it than I do the Fusilade. It also won't work as a first car, since you have to have a garage for it to be delivered to.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
The breaking isn't as good, and it feels like it has less traction. I find myself sliding around more in it than I do the Fusilade. It also won't work as a first car, since you have to have a garage for it to be delivered to.

That's funny, I find the Fusilade to be one of the slidier cars out there. Can't do a thing with it offroad either.

nl david

Neo Member
So I am still having troubles connecting my xbox to GTA Online, which is strange because I can play on the xbox of my roommate (which is on the same network) and through my phone's wifi hotspot. When I can connect to online on my xbox, I keep getting a message popup saying 'saving failed' and that it cannot connect to the servers. Anyone have any idea what the problem is?

jsnepo

Can we stop mission invites from NPC if these missions are already done? I keep leveling up but I get the same missions over and over again. The only time I get new missions is when I do a quick job and it is very random.

Grimsen

Man, GAF Bay was a ghost town last night.

Since all the lobbies I host take forever for even one more person to join, I ran random missions and races all night.

Most fun I've had in awhile. Hopefully the matchmaking gets fixed before my newfound interest wanes.

Also, R*, make the Banshee an automated convertible. I have two in my garage because of that.

So I am still having troubles connecting my xbox to GTA Online, which is strange because I can play on the xbox of my roommate (which is on the same network) and through my phone's wifi hotspot. When I can connect to online on my xbox, I keep getting a message popup saying 'saving failed' and that it cannot connect to the servers. Anyone have any idea what the problem is?

Gonna guess a router issue or if your sharing/network settings on your 360 are set to strict. There *were* problems with GTAV connectivity, but it's been pretty stable.

I would check your console (360?) network settings to make sure everything is set to "Open" and not restricted or "strict" or whatver they call it. You can check in the console settings.

I've had problems with past games... Mostly CoD games where every game worked fine, except CoD never connected because of supposedly "strict" settings. I forget how I diagnosed it exactly, but it fixed that problem then... this may be similar.

Also, router. Although not many people have had to do this, opening a DMZ on your 360 would mean it's got unmitigated access to the outside world, and it's not much of a security concern (some may disagree I suppose)

Since all the lobbies I host take forever for even one more person to join, I ran random missions and races all night.

Most fun I've had in awhile. Hopefully the matchmaking gets fixed before my newfound interest wanes.

Also, R*, make the Banshee an automated convertible. I have two in my garage because of that.

Running random is usually good but it's annoying to generally only get one full game in before everybody leaves. Especially with how long it all takes. I really wish there were some sort of party system in the game. I'd love to play random, full games with a friend... but the odds of getting them into a room are so low that it's rarely worth it to try. This reminds me of like the Counter-Strike days when you'd run a server and it would be a miracle when other people would join your server.

Tawpgun

Bounties are my favorite. Both protecting your own and getting others.

I was in a helicopter and led a player and his friend chasing me through the windmill farm and they got destroyed. Hehehe

dosh

Hey GAF, Entity XF or Coil Voltic, which one do you recommend? The money is not a problem.

I love my Voltic, it has a nice acceleration and its gentle humming makes me feel like a ghost. But it lacks some kick speed wise. Really noticeable on long straight lines.

Still no word on the stimulus money?

They had an update late last week that a title update would drop this week, and once that's out, the stimulus will drop. Frankly.. don't hold your breath. This patch will likely introduce more bugs.

Frankly, I think the other problems have become bigger issues:
- No party system
- Utter lack of matchmaking
- Nothing to do in the open world and because of those two problems, no compelling reason to join "jobs"

The content editor will, sadly, be out in "the Fall." Which as we know could be anytime between tomorrow and December 21.

IMO, R* killed GTA Online. Bad design, bad implementation, bad blood with all of the problems. They probably would have done better to wait until December or January to release this.

zma1013

I'm in GAF Bay but I can never find anyone on to play with. I think there's a problem with the small amount of people in the GAF crews. 300 seems to be a lot, but spread across multiple time zones and work schedules and whatnot, I'd imagine it's very rare to see more than a couple on at any one time. GAF Bay has even less people. Should make one singular GAF screw that's open to the public to allow infinite number of Gaffers and we'd all have an easier time to find each other, even if the occasional non-Gaffer joins in.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Still no word on the stimulus money?

I think in their last update they said after the next patch, and once they know there aren't saving issues. I imagine they don't want to give out the money and then have people lose it an hour later due to server issues and such.

Fun thing to do: buy and insure a BF Injector and challenge people to a race across the perimeter of the map.

Use your newfound god-tier offroad capability to just cheat over all the mountains.

Adder is faster on the straight but it has shit handling. How does the Entity compare in this regard?

Given just how fast the Adder goes, the handling works just fine with it.

The Entity handles better than any other Super/Sports car. The bottom of it literally is like a suction cup to the road. You can take turns at full speed and not have any issues.

Theres the Adder and the Entity...................................... then theres everything else. These cars are literally in a class of their own. With the Adder being faster, but the Entity being slightly slower but handling much better.

But I can use both cars on the Criminal Records race and not have to take my finger off the gas on either of them the entire race.

My newest entertainment. Parking my motorcycle inconspicuously in a parking spot outside LSC with an ignition bomb.
0_0.jpg
I'd see through this obvious trap. Every time I go to LSC to sell a car there are cars when I pull in and everything disappears when I come back out (Because fuck you, walk, thats why)

RotBot

Should make one singular GAF screw that's open to the public to allow infinite number of Gaffers and we'd all have an easier time to find each other, even if the occasional non-Gaffer joins in.
Rockstar can't afford to give some tiny site like NeoGAF the same special treatment as big gaming communities like IGN, Destructoid, G4, a hip hop radio station, and 15 cities with Gamestops in them.

I'd see through this obvious trap. Every time I go to LSC to sell a car there are cars when I pull in and everything disappears when I come back out (Because fuck you, walk, thats why)

True enough although sometimes the cars just change for me. Some people in their haste wouldn't notice a bike on their way in and think "Sweet a motorcycle, they're rare!"

I just noticed something about the Online:

Text messages that Simeon sends us to find a list of vehicles seems to be renewed only once each day, actually 24 hours, but in real life, not in the game

Can anyone confirm this?

I just noticed something about the Online:

Text messages that Simeon sends us to find a list of vehicles seems to be renewed only once each day, actually 24 hours, but in real life, not in the game

Can anyone confirm this?

you're correct. once you deliever a car on that list, another list will appear 24 hours after your last delivery.

DRE Fei

Hey GAF, Entity XF or Coil Voltic, which one do you recommend? The money is not a problem.

IMO, the Adder and Entity are in a class by themselves. I prefer the Entity overall because the traction and acceleration are amazing. I think it's the better choice for a GTA type of game. Voltic has the best acceleration, but overall speed and handling are not that great.

E92 M3

I am rather saddened that the online seems to be dying slowly -- not to say I'm not surprised. R* purposely reduced payouts multiple times to make us grind, even when the community fought against that. At this point, any semblance of the game economy is fucked and by the time R* fixes everything people will move on.

I want this game to succeed more than anything, but things need to change. Gaining levels shouldn't be a grind; people should be focusing on doing fun missions and just having plain old fun. Hate to mention this, but COD has the perfect balance between playing and level gain. The way this game is setup now either forces people to grind or glitch - because lets face it: Fucking around in free roam costs money.

Online has HUGE potential and R* has an amazingly talented team. They just need to get it together; I don't want to see this fail.

I am rather saddened that the online seems to be dying slowly -- not to say I'm not surprised. R* purposely reduced payouts multiple times to make us grind, even when the community fought against that. At this point, any semblance of the game economy is fucked and by the time R* fixes everything people will move on.

I want this game to succeed more than anything, but things need to change. Gaining levels shouldn't be a grind; people should be focusing on doing fun missions and just having plain old fun. Hate to mention this, but COD has the perfect balance between playing and level gain. The way this game is setup now either forces people to grind or glitch - because lets face it: Fucking around in free roam costs money.

Online has HUGE potential and R* has an amazingly talented team. They just need to get it together; I don't want to see this fail.

I think the problem is that they tried making things too big and too real in Online. If people had access to everything right off the bat (or at least what they'd gotten to in the story mode) it'd be a lot more interesting and I doubt there'd be as much incentive to grief / cheat / whatever.

Is anyone else really worried there's going to be heists where you get screwed over in terms of a payout like how there were in GTAV?

Imm0rt4l

To be fair, the community kept asking to reduce the death tax, so I think the last pay cut was justified.

KAP151

The in game economy is in the toilet and R* should of fixed it ASAP.

Money means absolutely nothing anymore. Level 10's with 400K Apartments and a array of fully modded Super/Sports vehicles. You can grind 7k RP in about 90 seconds, so you can go from being fresh off the plane to fully loaded in an afternoon.

Duped cars are everywhere and now the whole glitch with people keeping (and therefore insuring) tanks, buzzards and jets is already spreading quickly.

Top Bottom