• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

majik13

has anyone been able to make and save new crew emblems? I can see it saved in the emblem editor, I then publish it. But in "crew management" is is just a broken image icon. I select it for my emblem, but my emblem is still the old default emblem. Probably because their servers are slammed, but just wondering.

THEF3AR

Stupid. My friend and I did a personal rally race yesterday just to see what it was about. We only got about 100 RP each.

BTW, Rally Races are freaking awesome. Drivers have no map, passenger can see checkpoints and minimap.

Basically you'll be shouting OKAY TAKE THE NEXT LEFT OK RIGHT HERE but the driver has no idea how fast they'll need to be going or how gnarly the turns are.

I dislike racers but....

that sounds fucking awesome!!

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
has anyone been able to make and save new crew emblems? I can see it saved in the emblem editor, I then publish it. But in "crew management" is is just a broken image icon. I select it for my emblem, but my emblem is still the old default emblem. Probably because their servers are slammed, but just wondering.

I was able to save mine about two days ago.

1. They come out slanted on the "Crew T Shirt" during your character creation
2. It's so damn expensive to get it on your car

Question I have - How do the minimap markers work in terms of crewmembers?
Yesterday everyone from my crew had blue around their dot... and my crew color is blue. If I were to change it to green, will it display crew members as green? What about friends from XBL? Do they get a color around their dot too?

Yesterday everyone from my crew had blue around their dot... and my crew color is blue. If I were to change it to green, will it display crew members as green? What about friends from XBL? Do they get a color around their dot too?

Friends are light blue, crew members are your crew's colour.

majik13

cool. Are they only slanted during creation? And our fine once in the game? I havent been able to get in online yet...Get booted back to single player after creating my character, if I even get that far.

Not 100% sure. I played co-op games and teammates had a blue circle around them...little confusing with the cars we had boost being blue as well...

BNGames

I didn't pay for a broken game.

I feel the same considering the two extra weeks they made us wait for online. Or the extra months they added on development when the game was scheduled for release earlier in the year.

Way too many apologists in every thread about this. If Rockstar was EA, the witch burnings would be reignited. Funnily enough, the BF4 beta has gone pretty smooth all things considered.

Dug

Banned
I'm creating my character for the 3rd time and can't choose my special parents (Claude and Misty). What's going on?

besada

Banned
Obviously you're 100% justified for being pissed about being unsatisfied with a product you paid for, but I think the bolded isn't realistic. I mean, I have to assume there's a pretty good lead time on ordering high-end server equipment. Unless I'm wrong, and you can just walk into Best Buy and walk out with a server farm.
Most major vendors can have servers on your door in a day, if you live in a big city with a warehouse. We used to routinely get single day service, even for big orders, from CDW.

taoofjord

I feel the same considering the two extra weeks they made us wait for online. Or the extra months they added on development when the game was scheduled for release earlier in the year.

Way too many apologists in every thread about this. If Rockstar was EA, the witch burnings would be reignited. Funnily enough, the BF4 beta has gone pretty smooth all things considered.

Most of the problems people are having are due to the heavy server loads, not because the game is buggy. What people have been experiencing is par for the course with online launches and have been for years. Just relax and give it a few more days and you won't have to worry about it ever again.

Not to mention that Rockstar basically said this would happen ahead of time, so it's silly that you and so many others feel like Rockstar are being unfair due to your unrealistic expectations.

akaoni

Banned
PS3 UK.

Character creation finishes, Rockstar Cloud is down message, character disappears. It's different from yesterday where the character would stick then get corrupted, so maybe the firmware update was GTA related or something.

Mothman91

So what's the mast majority of you guys dealing with on the Xbox? I tried to do that introductory race 3 times yesterday and failed, is it the same with today?

bryanee

lol first time I've been on today and my character is gone along with $20,000 plus in cash of and my level 8. Urgh.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
So I sign back on and all my shit is gone. Character, progress, everything... I'm just so mad I'm laughing out loud in my apartment

Same shit here. Created a character yesterday and didn't manage to do anything, this morning I played a few jobs and made some progress. Signed in just now and it's all gone.

Marleyman

Banned
On 360; it is now saying "cloud servers are unavailable right now. Only disc content will be available and saving will be disabled."

E92 M3

Anyone else experience insane pop-in at the GTA Online intro every time?

Indeed - it was very blatant.

Wait - so everyone is losing their characters? I truly hope it's a temporary error because I dodn't feel like redoing everything. Already lost my car and apartment...

The cloud is down at the moment which is why it looks like you've lost your characters. Any characters you make now won't be saved, but those you made when the cloud was up and running will be and should return once the cloud is back.

Mononoke

Banned
I've had nothing but problems with the online. So, last night I created my character. Even though I could never connect, the character was saved. So I gave up, went to bed. Woke up, heard the online was working. So I hop on, and my character isn't there. I was pretty angry, as I found the perfect design (for me). And so angrily, I decided to make another character. Tried to join the lamar race, ended up waiting like 40 min for some reason. Then got booted. Lost the character. I ended up having this happen 4 fuckin times. Had to create a character 4 times over and over, and kept losing them. FINALLY I got to race lamar, and beat him. Then i click continue, it zooms out to this blurred screen, then it froze.

I figure, well my character leveled up, and one cash. It must be saved. NOPE. After hard rebooting my PS3, i hope back on and it's gone. 5 times. FIVE TIMES, I've lost my character.

I'm really losing the will to play this.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
On 360; it is now saying "cloud servers are unavailable right now. Only disc content will be available and saving will be disabled."

but GATO is disc content T_T

heres an idea, maybe stop trying to play it til they fix it...lol..

What do you want me to do.. play SP?
Jake_laughing.gif

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
heres an idea, maybe stop trying to play it til they fix it...lol..

That would require a level of maturity and self control that you should not expect from the Internet. Instead, they're going to do the same thing over and over and over again until it works dammit!

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Thanks to all that replied about the Crew questions!
Updated the crew color to green, edited the crew rank titles to better fit my clan...

Whenever the cloud is back up, We Are GOOD!

Mononoke

Banned
That would require a level of maturity and self control that you should not expect from the Internet. Instead, they're going to do the same thing over and over and over again until it works dammit!

Yeah fair enough. It's still frustrating. It sucks that you find the perfect design that you want, and now it's gone. It's like when you start a story mode, and your save for the first 3 hours in gets removed. Yeah, it's only 3 hours. But it kills ur mood to start it up again.

Arcteryx

This is really bizarre:

PS3 version, had to make a new character(again), it loaded into online and glitched past the tutorial race stuff(dropped me into the world near the Hollywood sign). There are other people running around(5-6) but we can't join games together(jobs won't download) and we can't save pictures(Social Club is down), but we can all do individual events lol.

I doubt it will save my progress, but at least I'm able to check out stuff for the first time lol.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Yeah fair enough. It's still frustrating. It sucks that you find the perfect design that you want, and now it's gone. It's like when you start a story mode, and your save for the first 3 hours in gets removed. Yeah, it's only 3 hours. But it kills ur mood to start it up again.

It is funny tho :)

I, along with everyone else, cannot wait to get my teeth stuck into this. But there comes a time when you need to say "this isn't working" and go do something else. People that have wasted hours on this have only themselves to blame.

That said, as I type this I've just loaded the game up, hit down on the dpad and moved my cursor over... But this is my first attempt today, honest!

Hmmm, a black screen. That's new.

Dreaver

Same problem here.

I also STILL fucking can't access BAWSAQ and I can't even save photos...

BAWSAQ has worked like 15 minutes in my 60 hours of play time... Nothing that's linked to online works for me. I have the feeling I am the only one with this problem.

Clothing and accessories seem to be lacking. Not as much colour variety as in SP, only a couple of watches from what I've seen, no jewellery, no gloves, can't take off clothes apart from shirt, etc. I'm guessing that's what the free updates will be for.

skynidas

Banned
Clothing and accessories seem to be lacking. Not as much colour variety as in SP, only a couple of watches from what I've seen, no jewellery, no gloves, can't take off clothes apart from shirt, etc. I'm guessing that's what the free updates will be for.

Actually, I thought that there are way more clothing in the online

I would say if you can just hold out for a bit and maybe get time late tonight to hop on you will have better results. Around 11:30 last night I was finally able to make it past the tutorial and play. Able to join with friends and even create a private room.

Sucks man, I was hoping we could of played some last night when I saw you log on.

*Fingers crossed*

Top Bottom