• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

They are back from the dead?!

Can anyone else confirm?

Yeah. They were gone when I got home this morning, so I created 2 new ones. Then the game dropped my new character into the single player. Then it froze. Then I turned the ps3 off and on. Then the original characters that I first created where there. I still can't access the first race though.

MisterNoisy

I'm glad that people are seeing their characters that they thought were deleted coming back. It took me ages to come up with one that didn't look odd to me.

oOKuT8a.jpg

It doesn't help that in-game they look completely different than they do in the character creator.

Gearman

Neo Member
so when will we see review scores being changed for the fact they all touted the "500 missions to come in 2 weeks" using that to validate their scores assuming that Online would be even more expansive than the singleplayer and slap their 98 all time metacritic score on there, and now we see the "missions" are nothing more than thinly veiled TDMs and Races and not anything at all like the missions in singleplayer, and im not just talking about heists.

not to mention both IV and RDR had bots/AI/pve what ever you want to call it, hell there were hideouts in Red Dead that you could do by yourself all around the map...

All of these things are in GTAO. You unlock a larger variety of missions as you level up, in addition to world-based events such as armored trucks, air package drops, and gang attacks (which are very much like the hideouts that you mentioned) and a whole lot more. As you level up and do the missions, you'll unlock more of that content.

webkatt

I hate when games do this.

The character creator is serviceable but needs a lot of work.

My main gripe is that the character somehow always looks slightly different in-game versus the character creator, especially the skin tone.

I'm gonna assume it's lighting.

MavFan619

Banned
PS3 version, I'm currently about to race for the first time in 10000 attempts to even get further than character create. I hope this works.

Jachaos

As one of the only plebs on the planet without a copy yet, just wondering which platform is having more issues when it comes to connecting to GTAOnline. PS3 or 360? Is this purely a thing on R*'s end?

I haven't been able to get past the intro cutscene yet and the pop-ins during that cutscene are awful. 360 version.

Afraid to try to get the PSN version to connect to GTA online and it get corrupt or something since that's the version I'm playing through getting 100% completion and all on.

So.........chararcter's gone.

Mine is now too. My one from earlier today was level 10, never got any errors or anything, but now it's disappeared. Didnt' get a cloud server error either, but hoping that it'll reappear on it's own soon enough. Not going to make a new character in it's slow, in case that would end up overriding it.

Gawge

The idea that this is alright because:

a) Rockstar posted a statement saying funny/crazy stuff might happen (old woman/donkey), and to cut them some slack.

b) It was always going to happen.

Is a bit weird. This is an omnishambles of a release - there is no getting away from that.

Plasmid

Yesterday i got glitched around 3 CST playing some free roam and it suddenly opened all jobs. I played darts with someone and even hosted a mission matchmaking thing. That was when the cloud servers were UP.

I think because the cloud servers being down no one should even attempt the tutorial, as it wont be saved when you turn off your console. So the best thing to do is just do free roam if you're really wanting to play. Beating the tutorial at this point will not prove a viable option.

Arcteryx

How do you have actual textures on your face? My character looks like she's from PS2 and in character creator it was more like PS1.

The character creator doesn't do hi-res for some reason; and in-game I think it might just be loading issues because a few times my face went super low-res.

carlos

I'm worried these launch issues will wound the community beyond repair :(

Don't think so, too many people bought the game for this to happen. Only effect could be a reduction in players, but we're still talking about millions online. (when it gets fixed).

Arcteryx

Character came back!

She's a braided boss!

Just running about, robbing stores. Are missions the easiest way to accrue money?

That or robbing stores and bounties(no clue how to initiate them, but I've seen a few people with $5000 bounties on their head).

Dug

Banned
Managed to get in. Has my character from yesterday, just finished the second mission. Did it all alone too. On PS3.

Mononoke

Banned
Hmm I've shut off my system, and my characters arent coming back. =/

I guess I'll just wait till tomorrow, and hope for the best. Jumping back to Windwaker for the rest of the day.

That or robbing stores and bounties(no clue how to initiate them, but I've seen a few people with $5000 bounties on their head).

You'll get a bounty on your head by stealing cars from civilians sometimes, and other players can put one on your head by calling Lester. You have to be rank 10 (I think) to get and place bounties.

Gawge

For people whose characters have come back - did you create a new character, or just leave it?

I'm planning on leaving mine for now - in hope that my character will be back tomorrow morning.

E92 M3

Don't think so, too many people bought the game for this to happen. Only effect could be a reduction in players, but we're still talking about millions online. (when it gets fixed).

I would hope so, but given everything how many of these millions are just looking for something fun to play for a few weeks?

This just reminds me of the time PSN was hacked and the SOCOM community was obliterated as the result. The variables are vastly different now, but the fear persists. Players are so fickle these days.

Gorillaz

I would hope so, but given everything how many of these millions are just looking for something fun to play for a few weeks?

This just reminds me of the time PSN was hacked and the SOCOM community was obliterated as the result. The variables are vastly different now, but the fear persists. Players are so fickle these days.

Socom community was in shambles to begin with. That was the final blow to it

BraXzy

How are people back on? I'm still stuck waiting to launch this damn race! :(

What did people do to make the game do the race with just Lamar?

MR BLACKMAGIK for hire. If someone's bothering you, set the bounty and I'll come handle them for a small fee. Loving running around in free roam collecting bounties! I've done three so far with two being $9000 and the other being $7000.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
My 2nd character (lower level) showed back up on PS3 just now.

MR BLACKMAGIK for hire. If someone's bothering you, set the bounty and I'll come handle them for a small fee. Loving running around in free roam collecting bounties! I've done three so far with two being $9000 and the other being $7000.
How do you find bounties?

Effnine

For those actually playing, how important are the lifestyle choices you make in the character creation? How easy is it to level up certain skills?

carlos

If anything, the issues are proof of how many people are interested in playing and are hammering the servers; this should be fixed in less than a week (hopefully) and still get people hooked before CoD or whatever game comes out a month from now on the new systems.

Most here are talking like these errors are never going to be fixed, just give them a few days and all should be straightened out. Look at how peoples characters and money are starting to come back. Now if its the end of October (that would be about the time that PSN was down, I think?) and there are still severe issues, then I understand being pissed at R*.

sappyday

I left mine for 30 minutes - nothing happened, so quit the game. Went back on and character was gone.

Not to scare you or anything...

I'm not scared since I've only done two missions but I was hoping this was a sign that things were getting better.

Sec0nd

How do these jobs work? I keep joining these lobbies with people leaving and joining but the game never actually starts. Why is this? Server issues or does the host just doesn't start the game?

Going to try again this afternoon on the PS3 in NA. Was watching a stream last night and I was blown away at how much fun it looked.

Top Bottom