• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Anyone else going for a female online character?
I can't wait to create my femme fatale! :D

I might, but it will be dependent on clothes as silly as that sounds. I don't want to make a female character to then have far fewer clothes options than you see the three main characters have in the SP.

To be fair, the impetus isn't really there to hype the launch like they did the initial game release. Everybody bought their copy, aside from the microtransactions they've made their money. Building hype only worsens the initial server crush, angers the natives, and worsens the drinking habits of customer support.

I would not be shocked if we simply see a "GTA Online is now available!" style blurb tomorrow instead.

Edit: Also, as the above poster mentioned, we got some details. But I think the expectation was more "where's the splashy trailer?" and I expect that post-launch, if at all.

Yeah I can't wait. A BMX race straight out of the movie Rad. Forest paths...

Chucker

Are you ready?

GNxGY3a.jpg

Breaking the shit out of that NDA. #YOLO

I might, but it will be dependent on clothes as silly as that sounds. I don't want to make a female character to then have far fewer clothes options than you see the three main characters have in the SP.

Oh, it's not silly. I really hope that Rockstar doesn't treat the fem chars like an unimportant feature with far fewer customisation options than the male counterparts. I don't expect a customisation paradise like in Saints Row but I'm gonna stay optimistic. We'll know in a few hours. :)

Gaz_RB

From what I read it doesn't seem the 360GAF crew is full as much as whoever accepts invites hasn't gotten back to them. Or hasn't said anything.

Yeah there is still about 20 slots open.

Rockstar Social Club has been wonky, and I think that's been adding to the difficulty of accepting new people.

Desaan

Well seeing as the rockstar social club was barely working for over a week I'd expect the online to be hardly functional for a similar period of time.

Confirmed SP protagonists characters do appear in the game. So far CVG mentioned only 1 of them.

RANDOM TEXT TO MAKE THIS LONGER -- Trevor

- There are rough stories to GTA Online
- You earn "RP" reputation points and JP "job points." Unsure what the difference is though, but w/e
- Always earning cash. One guy who played for ~15 hours, said he earned about $30,000 after finishing, and that he felt like he always had enough cash.
- There is a rough story to the online
- Car import/export similar to GTA:SA and past games returns

Ploid 3.0

I really hope the griefing isn't as bad as RDR. Every time I spawned a posse of people would kill me. I had no chance and really soured my RDR MP experience. Never went back to it again, and had no second thoughts on selling the game.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Oh, it's not silly. I really hope that Rockstar doesn't treat the fem chars like an unimportant feature with far fewer customisation options than the male counterparts. I don't expect a customisation paradise like in Saints Row but I'm gonna stay optimistic. We'll know in a few hours. :)

Heh, hopefully there is a good range, I play a female in Saints Row and all the clothes as far as I am aware both sexes can wear without issue. So hopefully something like that will be in GTAO, gotta have me a nice wardrobe, lol, that and if I'm going to play this game for some ridiculous amount of time I want to have a little eye candy to look at while I'm getting driven over or crashing into someones helicopter with a plane.

If there really only are 20 more spots in the 360 GAF crew a second one should technically be a possibility since it seems like the list of people still not invited is much greater than 20.

Playlists:

After finishing a mission, a grid of 6 missions pops up and everybody in the previous mission votes to choose what to do next, or refresh all six next missions. Once you vote on it, it transitions to the next mission.

One particular mission in the playlist had 2 teams, one team had fighter jets at fort zancudo, another team had dirt bikes at the prison. Both teams had to leave their base and the motorcyclists had to flee and escape the airplanes.

CVG On MicroTransactions:

"Even if you've got all the money in the world [from buying money on the market place] Weapons are still locked or unlocked depending on your level." ... "At the beginning, the only thing you can really buy with loads of money is a really nice house or clothing options."

Guns, cars, jets, etc., are locked to different level. I'm happy with this.

Marleyman

Banned

"Even if you've got all the money in the world [from buying money on the market place] Weapons are still locked or unlocked depending on your level." ... "At the beginning, the only thing you can really buy with loads of money is a really nice house or clothing options."

Same; they did it right if that is the case.

im probably going to jail already.

Got it :)

I'm curious, how fast you are levelling up? It's more like COD(easy and fast) or BF3(very slow)

Usually in games like this I try to make a character that is roughly an approximation of myself. However I've already spend 50+ hours playing as dudes and I'm thinking maybe it'd be fun and different to play as a lady. So what's everyone else doing?

And I can always start a new save file if I want to make a new GTAO character, right?

Marleyman

Banned
Usually in games like this I try to make a character that is roughly an approximation of myself. However I've already spend 50+ hours playing as dudes and I'm thinking maybe it'd be fun and different to play as a lady. So what's everyone else doing?

And I can always start a new save file if I want to make a new GTAO character, right?

I got the CE so I will be using Niko as the parent, however that works. Since we are both Serbian I think I should be able to get something close to myself.

Got it :)

I'm curious, how fast you are levelling up? It's more like COD(easy and fast) or BF3(very slow)

Not sure from the interview. Sounds like there are two cumulative points: Reputation Points and Job Points. RP sounds like it's primarily used for leveling up... JP, not sure yet. Could be something like certain jobs are locked to a certain amount of JP or something.

Top Bottom