• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Bruno

PS3 - I was able to finally get passed the race on my character. Created the character and managed to get past the tutorial just by using the "Go" option for GTA Online. It is VERY slow waiting for the loading between screens but the game is moving along. The first race with Lamar is easy so bet all your money.

waypoetic

Banned
So, uh, calling "mors mutual insurance" doesn't spawn/deliver your car. How the fuck do i get my car back? Some douche offed me when i was idling

Gaz_RB

I played 3 hours yesterday. Tried to play today. Connected no problem, but i wasn't able to play deathmatch of race because nobody accepted invetes. When i played race 1 on 1 when other guy undestood that he'll lose he just left, before that he won.
And i can't do any jobs. Started like 3 of them but when it loads in 2-3 seconds i get mission failed screen when i just moved, so yeah i'll wait for a fix.

Same thing, missions keep failing for me too!

PS3 - I was able to finally get passed the race on my character. Created the character and managed to get past the tutorial just by using the "Go" option for GTA Online. It is VERY slow waiting for the loading between screens but the game is moving along. The first race with Lamar is easy so bet all your money.

Do you get money from betting that way? I thought you only get profit if you are betting with other actual players. Does Lamar match your bet?

So I've been "waiting for other players" for 10 minutes now in the first online race/mission. Do I need to quit out?

Quit and restart the game. Load up single player and try launching GTA Online from the start menu and selecting "Go".

This was the original base(but it seems like some of the haircolors will change randomly, so it might take some refreshing to get it tweaked right):

makeup:
softgray

hours spent doing stuff(this seemed to give the most "plain" face, ie no acne, freckles, wrinkles, etc):

grandparent(female/male)#:
1/5
grandparent ratio(female to male)%:
80/20

grandparent(female/male)#:
1/1
grandparent ratio(female to male)%:
40/60

parent ratio(mom to dad)%:
80/20

That should give a good starting point for a Caucasian female, then you can tweak some of the grandparents around a bit for facial structure changes.

Thanks!

PS3 - UK.

2 minutes after my rant a couple of hours ago, I got in lol! (I think I went over the edge a bit because I heard other ps3 guys from uk were in).

Just getting to grips with it as it's quite a steep understanding curve. I think it's gonna take some time to really appreciate and I think playing with friends will help this big time. First thing to get me was there was no pause a la single player lol! Perhaps it's to do with stats being lower than in single player but my shooting is shite!

Anyways, within a couple minutes some guy comes over and I'm wondering if he's friendly or hostile...he starts a friendly gesture buy the one my guy has got is not friendly so as I'm trying to work out how to change this, some other guy comes over and shoots/kills us both - fucker! As I re-spawn, the friendly guy comes to me in my car, beeps the horn and I get it. We then proceed to find said fucker (me riding shotgun), and shoot his ass. Then a cop chase pursues because the friendly guy got on a stolen bike.....

Hope all having trouble get sorted soon.

w2000

Was able to get on again (character was erased) and got stuck after the first race. Now it won't let me back on. :-(

Character was gone, went to make a new one in slot two since I didn't get a cloud save error. Made the character then got a Failed to Host a GTA Online session error at which point my console locked up. Well Online was fun while it worked, at least it has potential once R* sorts all this out. Hard to be patient, but that's really all we can do.

DevilDawg

Banned
I think it is time to give it another go. Are you guys loading the story first and then going online or going online straight from the menu?

...aaaaaand my character is gone. I think I will just wait it out until next week or something. I liked what I saw in the 30 or so minutes I had it working, so I hope Rockstar gets everything in order soon.

akaoni

Banned
PSN UK.

Kept booting straight into online, created character, joining, then timeout.

Tried again using the character wheel and I at least got the intro like I had yesterday. Now just to wait and see if the car blue circle thing works.

EDIT: Waiting for players....

Oh god what did they do to my character, everything was reset to default. Rockstarrrrrrr

Edit: Oh wait, she was just deleted. I'm done again for now.

I tried yesterday, and was only ever able to get through the intro by entering a solo session, but wasn't able to start the race. Tried again just now and went online and was able to start the race with no problems (also thought the race required at least 8 players yesterday; today only required 1). After that I played the next mission and once I completed that, I was booted. Rockstar's certainly being quicker than I had expected about getting the game to work, excited to finally get to delve further into it without problems.

Also, I was using a PS3 in the US.

DRE Fei

What does it mean when it says "this vehicle is too hot to modify"?

This is Rockstar's way of giving value to the lower level vehicles as well as the in-game currency. If you could just steal an expensive car and sell it to Los Santos Customs at level 5 or something, then everyone would have tons of money all the time and living in fancy apartments filled with Bugattis, hookers and coke. They even limit you to 1 car sale per day to prevent this.

The main idea is to have players work their way up the ladder slowly to get the "high level gear" but it also tempts people (via the in-game marketplace thingy) to use real money to buy fake money so they can get shit faster.

I think the "insurance" on the cars is a pretty good idea that protects against griefing/trolling, but it's expensive.

I like online solo mode.

Evil Beaver

All of my character's Snapmatic pictures are gone from the Social Club. Oh God, I hope that doesn't mean my character got deleted.

Spinluck

Is it me, or are people killing me with lock on? If not, some players are crazy good at shooting into moving vehicles from obscure angles.

I'm using free-aim btw.

erage2772

Neo Member
So I'm on ps3 and never tried getting online yeaterday. Today I'm greeted with a patch. I click yes to patch and get brought to a black screen. I then have to hold my power button down on my ps3 to turn it off. Yay lol

Arcteryx

So I'm on ps3 and never tried getting online yeaterday. Today I'm greeted with a patch. I click yes to patch and get brought to a black screen. I then have to hold my power button down on my ps3 to turn it off. Yay lol

Wait a few seconds before pushing X; it seems to black screen if you hit accept really quick.

Is it me, or are people killing me with lock on? If not, some people are crazy good at shooting int moving vehicles from obscure angles.

I'm using free-aim btw.

No idea. I'm using free-aim too and it feels like some are using lock-on at times.

Wait until after the Rockstar intro with the sirens plays and then accept the update. Should work, had that happen in a few various games before.

Top Bottom