• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

malfcn

Noticed you can hold A when booting the game to go straight to online. Unfortunately, it just got stuck loading online.

HiiiLife

I get you, you're right

Meh the bright side is I was only level 11. I can only imagine the frustration if it happened to the level 30 I saw a couple hours ago. Haha. Oh well. I'll still be playing because I enjoy this game. But I hope these get ironed out ASAP.

akaoni

Banned
So I got to the LTS, saw another player for the first time, some kiddo telling me to walk onto the blue circle, I get a terrible explanation of the game systems in text in the upper left corner because Rockstar can do what they like and now I'm stuck on indefinite loading with my character at the right while it attempts to make a game of LTS. Rough times.

Wow the shit still is not working? weak man, was looking forward to playing with some homies tonight dammit.

Lets go R* get this shit working properly for fucks sake

AND there we have it.

Quit game after getting to level 6 because I had no 'personal car' which I have obtained after mission 'x'.

Now character and all progress so far all GONE.

FUCK. THIS. SHIT. lol.

Actually I'm only a little pissed (only for having to repeat what I've already done - it kills the momentum) because I expected it after everybody was saying it happened to them.

A guy said earlier that he only believed his progress would be saved once he saw his stats on Social Club. I reckon that's a good marker to base if off....

edit:btw does anybody know how to set their status on iphone app ifruit for Social Club? It says not set status or status currently unavailable.

Gaz_RB

You know what GTA IV had? the ability to remove those markers for players. You had the option of only appearing when you were close, or whenever you shot a weapon. I've been saying this, as far as a Free Mode, GTA IV is superior. You can't do anything to customize the lobby at all in GTA V.

Superior in regards to that type of customization, but not in general.

HiiiLife

But foul feelings from losing progress aside, y'all try CTF in GTA Online? Capturing that suitcase with a full lobby chasing and or protecting you is crazy as hell. Lol.

Just went through the hell that is the character creation after losing my last guy and progress from earlier. Took me about thirty minutes of pressing square to find something to work with, I then go to save and it boots me back to an empty character select screen.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So I'm in the middle of a mission and the game yanks me out (in the shittiest most disorienting way possible -- I thought the game was crashing) to redo the awful intro race again?

How about asking me if I want to join that shit?

Also... yeah... these controls for this game are bad. They are plain bad. Clunky and cumbersome.

Aranath

I'm kind of glad I'm really busy with work this week. I'll give it a few days for Rockstar to sort their shit out before I even think about attempting to play online.

HiiiLife

Also I'm not sure why people purchase body armor, if it's anything like Red Dead online (which it is from what I've played) a couple shots to the face and you're done. Lol.

Theecliff

Banned
Haven't actually been able to get past the tutorial without the game either glitching and impeding my process or getting stuck in a never ending loading screen - and following each subsequent attempt to quit out and rejoin, my character keeps getting deleted.

I think I'm just going to stick to single player until Rockstar sorts this shit out.

doby

Got kicked in a SOLO session for being idle because I was stuck on the loading screen. You cant make this shit up.

akaoni

Banned
Noticed you can hold A when booting the game to go straight to online. Unfortunately, it just got stuck loading online.

PSN UK.

Had to force exit the game because it was stuck in a loop for LTS. Cloud™ is down or something when I try to get back in and my character doesn't seem to be showing up.

bidguy

Banned
played a few hours yesterday and made a lot of money

now my character is suddenly gone. dont think ill start over again

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
It's really lame there's no option to turn friendly fire off. No, passive mode doesn't count as not only do you have to pay in game money to use it, but it won't even allow you to take out a weapon from the sound of it. It severely limits what you can actually do. It would be nice to have the freedom to do everything GTA Online offers without having to worry about players killing me.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with those players playing that way. Nothing at all. They can do whatever they want. However there is something wrong with me not being able to do anything about it. Just being able to go into settings and set up so that whenever I start GTA Online it puts me in a session with friendly fire off should be an option. It's pretty simple stuff.

Just quickly created another character (woman this time) but used in slot 2 in the hope that my slot 1 character comes back.

Anyways, not expecting to save but thought I'd share that it appears (at my end) that the game is over the initial bug of actually starting - it's just now the next bug is it doesn't save.

R* it doesn't SAVE.

Arcteryx

Got kicked in a SOLO session for being idle because I was stuck on the loading screen. You cant make this shit up.

haha yea I almost got booted earlier due to the idle timer. Kind of a stupid feature honestly, as you can just find another 16 player lobby to join, so it shouldn't matter if a few are just afk.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
im0BzwZLkYmrt.gif

HiiiLife

I wouldn't be surprised if people have flagged me for being an asshole online. Hey, don't kill me when I'm about my business in free roam and I won't hunt you down relentlessly until you quit. Lol.

It's really lame there's no option to turn friendly fire off. No, passive mode doesn't count as not only do you have to pay in game money to use it, but it won't even allow you to take out a weapon from the sound of it. It severely limits what you can actually do. It would be nice to have the freedom to do everything GTA Online offers without having to worry about players killing me.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with those players playing that way. Nothing at all. They can do whatever they want. However there is something wrong with me not being able to do anything about it. Just being able to go into settings and set up so that whenever I start GTA Online it puts me in a session with friendly fire off should be an option. It's pretty simple stuff.

But yet, on many accounts, Rockstar refuses to make things easy.

The character creation is awful and doesn't give us an option to do it naturally, and more. Sometimes I wonder who designed this game, because it feels like two polar opposites.

Sec0nd

I'm not enjoying the online aspect so far. Everything feels very chaotic and disorganised. You're bombarded with new information screens literally every five seconds and there's just constantly stuff happening, distracting you. I've yet to play this game with friends but that could make the experience better. Shame I couldn't join my friend because we were still in the tutorial section apparently... It's just so unclear.

RS4-

For those that got in, how much money are you supposed to have when you start? I have 8700 or something for whatever reason.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
How can I create a new character for online? Kinda rushed through it yesterday and would like to start over.

Select Character option from the menu prior to jumping online. There are two slots. I have a back up incase one gets deleted.

Top Bottom