• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Hilti92

I thought that too, choose your grandmother....wut?

Seems like what someone would do to try and make people think that it is incredibly deep when it is just a pain in the ass trying to get a decent character. My online isn't working.. Guess I will have to wait for them to patch. :(

How can I create a new character for online? Kinda rushed through it yesterday and would like to start over.

Best way to do it is in single player and then go into the pause menu, go to Online > Choose Character and then press X/Square to delete your character.

I gotta admit the shirts are pretty cool. Thanks to Dreadnine (whoever that is on GAF) for coming up with the logo for us. The logo creation tool very unfriendly to me.

I can share the logo I did for NeoGANG if you guys want.

0_0.jpg

emblem_128.png

Now instead of it saying that I cannot connect to the cloud servers, it is just saying that they are unavailable completely... Right.

Pop

Launching session is all I have been seeing for 10 mins now waiting for this race to start. Online is way too slow.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I called my character Batman under the assumption that when I kill people it would say things like "Batman pulverised blahblah". But it still just says the PSN ID's. What's the point of even naming your character?

Ding-Ding

So yet another character deleted only this time, its deleted all my blood money as well. Was only a couple of thousand away from my first home.

After all of this, if one developer talks about the advantages of the cloud, im going to find them & punch them in the mouth so hard, they will have to stick their toothbrush up their arse to clean their teeth

TwiztidElf

The last time I personally experienced an online launch failure of this magnitude was World Of Warcraft back in 2004.
NINE YEARS AGO FFS. Have we learned nothing?

Does that mean I'll be playing against people with auto-aim on, but I'll still have my free-aim from SP?

That would make absolutely zero sense and yet not surprise me. Hey, R* is learning. right guys??

I haven't been able to join into any random job. Been screwing around in free roam. I try to join a race and it makes me host a random one with nobody showing up. Early kinks I hope. Anybody have a crew that needs members? I missed out on NeoGANG

malfcn

This is fucking stupid.

I am getting killed as soon as I spawn.
"Want to go passive and not be killed?"
"FUCK YOU GIVE US MONEY."

This is already getting frustrating.

people expect a smooth ride with ~20 million people already owning the game? world of warcraft had nowhere near that at launch and same with Diablo 3. Gotta give them some slack.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
people expect a smooth ride with ~20 million people already owning the game? world of warcraft had nowhere near that at launch and same with Diablo 3. Gotta give them some slack.

Many of the problems have nothing to do with the servers being overloaded. None of us expected a smooth launch, but this is ridiculous.

I just got a much longer session in and got 5-6 missions done and a few jobs. Then it stalled when loading the next race and that was the end of it. Not sure if the character saved because I got some good money

Zee-Row

Banned
The sandbox part of Online works fine for me , its just when you try to start a job, the game will start to hang at the transition screen and I have to quit the game.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
This is fucking stupid.

And this is one of the issues that is going to remain even when Rockstar gets everything working properly. It's really poorly done and easily fixed with a simple freindly fire on/off filter in settings.

DevilDawg

Banned
Everything was working well for me. I robbed 7 or 8 convenience stores and went parachuting. I just hope my guy will be there when I get back.

This is fucking stupid.

What do you mean by this? I haven't been following GTAO closely, assuming the worst - that it'd would be a disaster for at least the first few days.

You have to pay for passive mode?

jediyoshi

Delete the patch?

It's code for reverting back to an older version of the game and assuming your now newer saves would be back compatible.

What do you mean by this? I haven't been following GTAO closely, assuming the worst - that it'd would be a disaster for at least the first few days.

You have to pay for passive mode?

It's cheap, more like the equivalent of an rpg money sink. Not sure what the issue is though, you don't have to be spawned to enable it and if you die while it's active it stays retained.

Have ingame radio commercial making fun of cloud computing

Have cloud based saves for online

Cloud based saves dont work at launch

wow Rockstar

I got it working pretty well for me, but then when I tried to do a job (a Deathmatch) it hung up while trying to join. I quit the game and came back, but my character is gone. Hopefully this is temporary, but at least I didn't get to play too long if it's permanent. I've written down what options I picked for my character so I can easily remake her if necessary.

Top Bottom