• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto SA : about bugs! (SPOILERS maybe)

Ranger X

Ok, Since there's a freakin lot of people that will play this game, i thought i'd share some bugs i've found that could be bad and give us frustrations.
If you people ever want to share some bugs you found (must be a usefull bug to make your post worth) maybe we could collect those here.

Cars disappearing in their garage: if you put 2 modified cars in a garage, almost 50% of chance 1 out of 2 will disappear if you save and reload.

Game freeze: At the Pig Pen, if you try to take a second or third private dance without first running out of the red circle (the thing to initiale the mission and stuff), the game freeze during the loading.

Ferrio

Banned
Teleporting In two player mode, have one player get on a bicycle and crouch down ready to jump. Then have the second player jump on their back. Every so often the characters will teleport to random places...... even 25 feet in the air.

Ferrio said:
Teleporting In two player mode, have one player get on a bicycle and crouch down ready to jump. Then have the second player jump on their back. Every so often the characters will teleport to random places...... even 25 feet in the air.
Also happens if one person is on a bike and the other one tries an EX Powerbomb.

When I go into the gym it counts as a mission attempted in the stats. I've had it lock up during gun fights also. Most likely due to the camera.

Socreges

Banned
Getting trapped under a bridge: Where the bridge meets the ground. It was pretty strange. After a five minute struggle, there was clearly no way out. I reloaded and had to replay several missions.

Getting trapped in a Burger Shot: I left my bike near entrance. When I left, it happened to be blocking my way, so I never got outside. I found myself encased in the faux Burger Shot by invisible walls. Nothing was inside but concrete. By now I had learned the suicide cheat and thus only lost my wealth of weapons.

Immobile and perpendicular on a sharp decline of grass: I bailed off my bike while heading towards the water and found myself standing upright at a strong angle, but unable to move. Killed myself, lost weapons.

And one other glitch that I can't remember.

evil ways

Only glitch I've had was after the train mission with Smoke on the dirt bike. I killed all 4 gang members on top of the train, completed the mission then while trying to get back to Los Santos a fucking speeding car rammed me from behind and sent us both flying over the bridge. Smoke disappeared and I got stuck on a light blue ground, only able to spin in place but not walk in any direction.

belgurdo

Banned
When I first played the game, after the initial "ride across town' mission I decided to change clothes at home, and for whatever reason I decided to see if I could hop in between the space where your boombox and the surfboard is. Got stuck for like five minutes until I got the camera to a point where I could hop out

belgurdo

Banned
And one other time I have encountered an exploding helicopter glitch: Once in LS I cheated weapons when I was coming out of the hospital and launched a heatseeker at a helicopter that survived the wasted fadeout, and when it exploded and crashed it clipped through the ground and continued to explode, killing everything near it. It never stopped until I ended up getting blown up by it

And right now it's happening again in Whetstone, except the chopper was already in the ground running perfectly fine and I shot its rotor to explode it(o_O)

bjork

If you park a police car right next to the door of the beach safehouse in Los Santos, you can complete vigilante missions by exiting the car with the door open and entering the safehouse, then repeating. Surely not intended.

Ranger X

bjork said:
If you park a police car right next to the door of the beach safehouse in Los Santos, you can complete vigilante missions by exiting the car with the door open and entering the safehouse, then repeating. Surely not intended.

LOL now this is a nice bug!!

belgurdo

Banned
bjork said:

Goons at Somethingawful also report that you can do this at any restaurant. Bug or making fun of lazy cops that go eat during police reports? You make the call

In the stupid arcade game where you collect flowers, do not die when you advance to the next round, or the game will be locked up.

cja

Driving in San Ferrio I get quite a lot of 1/4 to 1/2 second pauses, similar to in Halo when parts of the level are loading. Far more disconcerting when driving at full pelt than a quiet period in an FPS of course.

The Pig Pen bug happened to me the first time I tried for a private dance in the game. It was after just completing a mission as well and prior to saving, grrr.

The game has crashed, or rather just frozen on me a handful of times. Bought a property at almost the same time I got killed. Perhaps understandable but I've had the freeze when just walking along as a pedestrian with a single car going by. :p

I've had the game crash semi-consistently when I walk into an ammu-nation that has a firing range in it. I'll take two steps inside the store and the game will just freeze.

User 406

Banned
The only really memorable bug that's happened to me so far has been when I was taking Denise out on a "drive around" date on a motorcycle. I had a one star wanted level, and a cop on foot backhanded us both off the bike, but for some reason I didn't get busted. Denise on the other hand wouldn't get up from the ground where she had fallen. After killing the cop and getting back on the bike, the fun meter was still there, and I was still getting typical Denise date chatter, even though she was lying motionless in the street. Eventually I drove far enough away from her body for the game to tell me that I had abandoned her and the date was over.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
With the scope being as large as it is, I'm amazed at the few bugs I have come across.

Anyone else stuff there garage w/ all types of cars and bikes? I ha e close to 8 vehicles in there believe it or not.

evil ways

DaCocoBrova said:
With the scope being as large as it is, I'm amazed at the few bugs I have come across.

Anyone else stuff there garage w/ all types of cars and bikes? I ha e close to 8 vehicles in there believe it or not.

In the airplane hangar, stuck about 3 of the bikes that spawn off next to the tower, a police truck/suv, and a Sultan. That was way back when I finished the flying training missions. Now last night I did the Hydra mission and when I saved and checked the garage they were still there.

Top Bottom