• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait to learn all the roads and highways...very fun to not having to use the big map in a GTA game. Lol...many people's real towns have less roadways/streets to memorize...

Interesting you say this. I had that exact thought. I'm thinking it will be FAR easier to position yourself in the map, and to know where you are/where you're going, now that the render distance is so goddamn far and there is such disparate and unique geography to play with. Jesus I can't wait to just DRIVE AND DRIVE

Though one thing I WOULD like to know is if there was indeed a missing radio station. I read from one lone soul in this thread that only 220 of the 240 songs were discovered, even though everyone else I've seen speak on the matter say that all songs are accounted for. That still technically counts as conflicting information! I STILL WANT TO BELIEVE IN A METAL STATION, DAMMIT

Raptomex

Lol I've been testing my 360 daily for the last few days to make sure it's working fine. I will do daily checks until release.

Gaz_RB

Tell 'em Duke!

Baha, I just left. Clicked last page, missed some things on purpose, scanned all the way down. Averting everything! You?!

I bailed for a bit too- glad to see bish kicked ass and took names!

I only saw the first pic with Franklin! The rest I avoided! :D

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
660x373.jpg

I can hear Bill Hader voicing this character...

Bullza2o

For downloads, they need to unpack, hence the extra space initially. At least from my understanding.

Since you're doing an install, hopefully the 8ish or so that you have is enough. I don't imagine it taking up 9GB or anything.

Well I still have the Madden 25 demo which is 2GB, so if I have to delete that I'll have 10.3GB for this game. This install is only for online but required right? I don't plan on playing online.

dreamfall

Lol I've been testing my 360 daily for the last few days to make sure it's working fine. I will do daily checks until release.

I love that idea- been doing that just by replaying some Rockstar goodness. Preparation on all levels!

I bailed for a bit too- glad to see bish kicked ass and took names!

I only saw the first pic with Franklin! The rest I avoided! :D

Staying strong! Nice! This is going to be one of those moments we won't forget!

"Where were you when the first unofficial GTA V image dropped?"

Haha, I know that feel. I scrolled so fast, puffs of smoke were coming out of my mouse.

LIKE A BOSS!

KAP151

Sorry if this has been answered a bunch of times already, but I only have a 20GB HDD for my 360. I just cleared some space (8.3GB free now), so will that be enough for the install? I'm asking because whenever I download Wii U demos they're always like 1GB download but 700MB installed. With my 8GB I get pissed a lot because of this lol.

8GB is the mandatory install (from the 2nd disc I assume), which means you should be okay, but then you will have the disc 1 constantly reading off the disc. I would try and make enough room to install both. A game like GTA will be horrible on your drive constantly spinning.

RS4-

Well I still have the Madden 25 demo which is 2GB, so if I have to delete that I'll have 10.3GB for this game. This install is only for online but required right? I don't plan on playing online.

I believe the first (?) disk is for installing everything. I'm sure someone that has the right info will correct me on that

Raptomex

With the mandatory install I can still install the play disk, correct? I believe I've done that before.

Edit: yes I did that with Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen.

delta25

Banned
Permaban of all time for anyone dumb enough to post spoilers, links to said spoilers, etc. in this thread before the 17th.

Released media ONLY. This is a safe haven, you dig?

When bish says permaban of all time a small Ethiopian baby gets its wings.

This thread almost became a time bomb. Glad everyone made it out! Now to avoid the other thread.

I took a few shots to the left thigh and bruised my upper arm but I'm through!

Some of those custom cars are seared into my retinas. I laughed out loud at one of them.

Bullza2o

8GB is the mandatory install (from the 2nd disc I assume), which means you should be okay, but then you will have the disc 1 constantly reading off the disc. I would try and make enough room to install both. A game like GTA will be horrible on your drive constantly spinning.

I think there's only 13GB max on my HDD. I've always played all my retail games on disc, and I don't really mind the noise my 5 year old Xbox makes. I'm sure I'll barely notice it due to my 5.1 surround sound setup.

Derrick01

Banned
I don't believe anything I see from people who get games early in random places of the internet. I still remember that bullshit about Dishonored being like 5 hours long and causing a mini panic.

People really do just want to rush through things early so they can....I don't even know. I guess be the first to give a review on it?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Permaban of all time for anyone dumb enough to post spoilers, links to said spoilers, etc. in this thread before the 17th.

Released media ONLY. This is a safe haven, you dig?

Can we get this posted in the OP or title please? I feel like people are going to be idiots and come in here and ruin shit.

No Spoilers. Watched some gameplay on Vine. We are in for a treat my friends. I cannot believe the graphics, they look incredible for this gen.

Also i can now confirm it does have
seemless cutscene transition
just like MP3 :D

Everyone keep in mind the VINE videos appear to have been taken with a cell phone camera held in one hand.

We arn't looking at direct capture footage so don't bash the graphics yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom