• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any technical issues/framerate dips?

No lag and it was super smooth looking. It was a firefight too. This was on Xbox

Very mild , not really spoiler

There was a cut scene and then it switches over to franklin seamlessly and the shootout starts, NO loading screen just like MP3. Gove Street vs Ballas. it was fucking awesome

Gaz_RB

No lag and it was super smooth looking. It was a firefight too. This was on Xbox

Very mild , not really spoiler

There was a cut scene and then it switches over to franklin seamlessly and the shootout starts, NO loading screen just like MP3. Gove Street vs Ballas. it was fucking awesome

jizz

jizz

jizz

jizz
jizz

I need this game

Ee0X4zB.jpg

Image above added to OP.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

ATTENTION:

Example of a bad spoiler tag:
Haha GTA is so cool mannnnn especially
Trevor's big pee pee
u know?

This on the other hand is an example of a good spoiler tag:
Oh man that part in GTA Vice City (Story/Mission spoiler)
Phnom Penh '86 when you use the M-60
is so dope!

Ghost23

Very small technical observation from the videos. Not really a spoiler but just being careful.

Why do the arm animations in R* games look so....odd?

amnesiac

So if Amazon says my estimated delivery date is Sept 17 (free prime shipping), I will get it on that day right? Read something about Rockstar not letting retailers ship early in the UK (im in the US).

ButchCat

I don't know anything about the leaked footage nor do I wanna be a part of it but question, which console was it running on? And if it was on the PS3 was it running smoothly?

DZ_b_EZ

But guys! What about Beyond:Two Souls?? Is anyone going to play that when it comes out?? That's another big release.

ButchCat

This is starting to feel like GTAIV all over again which is scary because most of the previews said they had the game running on the xbox360, why are they holding back on the ps3 version? I know some of their trailers featured PS3 footage but that doesn't really say much.

This is starting to feel like GTAIV all over again which is scary because most of the previews said they had the game running on the xbox360, why are they holding back on the ps3 version? I know some of their trailers featured PS3 footage but that doesn't really say much.

no, they will both run the same. believe me.

Oh well, I have to leave now so nothing gets spoiled for me. I haven't been reading many posts lately. I've mainly been scrolling through the GTA threads and looking at pictures. As of now, it's probably not a good idea to even look at the pictures since they could potentially reveal secrets. These next few days are going to be hard.

DukeBobby

Both versions will be more or less identical, albeit with a few minor differences.

This won't be like Red Dead Redemption again.

The leak thread is gonna be more popular than the OT lol.

Also, just found out that Flying Lotus has his own station in the game. He's also on my 360 friends list. That's pretty damn awesome.

Gaz_RB

Figures the 360 version runs fine. As long as the ps3 version runs and looks equal then I won't be calling for Rockstar's head.

Seems like Rockstar finally figured this performance stuff out for this gen.

Hopefully we won't have to go through it all again next gen...

Derrick01

Banned
Take a look at MP3. Same RAGE engine, except the one in GTAV has better lighting and different effects. MP3 was identical on both platforms.

It definitely wasn't. I remember one digital foundry screen in particular where he's diving over the rooftop lights and it looked awful on the PS3. Lots of missing stuff.

Kvik

But guys! What about Beyond:Two Souls?? Is anyone going to play that when it comes out?? That's another big release.

Beyond and FFX/FFX-2 HD will probably be the last 2 PS3 game I'll get, then it's PS4 from then on.

Back on hype train... I would love to see another Jamaican character like Little Jacob. I love the lyrical way they speak.

ZeroRay

LA Noire was actually the only R* published game to look/run better on PS3. As far as I know, it did have some RAGE tech.

But to be fair, it looks like they've actually developed the PS3 version concurrently with the 360, unlike their previous games which they lead with the 360.

It definitely wasn't. I remember one digital foundry screen in particular where he's diving over the rooftop lights and it looked awful on the PS3. Lots of missing stuff.

Really? could have sworn there was little difference in MP3. O well.

also holy shit... Comedy Central keeps playing the trailer every 5 minutes

Dmented

Banned
There's a video of the PS3 version too, also looks to be running smoothly. People shouldn't worry with both versions it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom