• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheContact

It's a little tie-in to the theme of money and America's recent economic woes:

gta_v_dollar.png

Wow cool I didn't know that

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I want reports on the framerates. And I want them from people, who are able to tell the difference between 30 and 25. In the internet, there are so many poor (or should I say lucky?) souls that don't even spot the difference between 30 and 60.

Whoever says framerate discussion is spoilerish should get some sleep, really.

Jesus christ man, these constant questions about framerate for a game NOBODY HAS YET are really fucking annoying. Just hold your horses until the rain man autismos have had it for 20 minutes.

I absolutely love that the equivalent of Facebook is called LifeInvader and instead of clicking on 'like' you can 'stalk'

The parody of Rockstar has always been so easy yet so fun.

UrbanRats

Jesus christ man, these constant questions about framerate for a game NOBODY HAS YET are really fucking annoying. Just hold your horses until the rain man autismos have had it for 20 minutes.

Pirates have it already, they could make themselves useful and report on that!

tookhster

So I just looked and saw my credit card got charged for my collector's edition, but I didn't get an email from Rockstar Warehouse.

Here's hoping it shipped.

Pirates have it already, they could make themselves useful and report on that!

It is funny that you call them pirates. The persons who have leaked the footage have actually purchased it somewhere considering the game has not been leaked on the internet thus far.

People are not automatically pirates when they get a game early.

Derrick01

Banned
It is funny that you call them pirates. The persons who have leaked the footage have actually purchased it somewhere considering the game has not been leaked on the internet thus far.

Pirates do have it though. I remember seeing a post in here where they said they're trying to figure out how to leak it but it has some kind of new protection.

Pirates do have it though. I remember seeing a post in here where they said they're trying to figure out how to leak it but it has some kind of new protection.

We are taking a junior's word for it now? How low has GAF fallen here?

As long as there is no scene/group release I do not consider this game pirated.

Denzar

For people curious to see what the game looks like but are afraid of spoilers, the leaked footage thread is nothing to worry about.

I was "afraid" myself and curiousity got the better of me, and I regret nothing!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
We are taking a junior's word for it now? How low has GAF fallen here?

As long as there is no scene/group release I do not consider this game pirated.

Stop with the Juniors talk you were a Junior Member yourself someday, that has absolutely nothing to do how credible a member is.

Stop with the Juniors talk you were a Junior Member yourself someday, that has absolutely nothing to do how credible a member is.

It actually does.

I'm sorry but when a website takes over 1 post and makes a news item over it, and people keep quoting a member who is wrong, I can not sit idly by.

Vitor711

Even if the PS3 versions performs a little worse but is neglectable, i'd still get that version because of the fact that I am used to the free online now. Next-gen consoles are over the horizon and just paying double the €60,- for both the game and online is ridiculous when it only has a few more months to spare.

Ha, I forgot about that.

Looks like I made the right call then as I do want to try out GTA Online but stopped paying for Xbox Live years ago.

Guess I'll be sticking with PS3 no matter what.

Except it doesn't. What makes you more credible than a Junior Member? the post count? please...

Yep.

If we are here making assumptions, which we both are doing one or way or another (since you are implying that I believe that the one's who have a higher post count is credible and the rest is not), then we are done here.

oxidax

I went to that other thread. It wasnt that big of a deal. the pics i mean.
Still hyped!!! I went to gamestop last night to make sure they were open for midnight and they told me they're expecting about 150 people! Shit!!

Anyways. Good morning ya'll! back to the hype train i see. What did i miss?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
It actually does.

No it doesn't. The only difference between a member and a junior is how recently they joined. Being a member longer doesn't make you smarter. It doesn't make you more sensible. It doesn't make you nicer. It doesn't make what you have to say more credible. The elitism on display here is embarrassing.

jambo

I'm in Australia as well, so I'll be getting the game ahead of Europe and about half a day ahead of the US.

I'm going to a midnight release and then I've got the 17th off so I'm hoping to put about 15 hours in.

Plus I'm going away for the weekend so it'll fly by. Monday might be hard...

No it doesn't. The only difference between a member and a junior is how recently they joined. Being a member longer doesn't make you smarter. It doesn't make you more sensible. It doesn't make you nicer. It doesn't make what you have to say more credible. The elitism on display here is embarrassing.

I have explained myself in the former post and the sentence on the post that you neglected to quote. Are we done here?

smr00

Banned
If we are here making assumptions, which we both are doing one or way or another (since you are implying that I believe that the one's who have a higher post count is credible and the rest is not), then we are done here.
How does higher post count = credible?

That makes absolutely 0 sense. I have double your post count so i guess you are the equivalent to a junior and nothing you say is credible, right? Or me saying that post count doesn't matter means it's credible because i have double your post. Your logic is extremely flawed.

UrbanRats

Sorry, didn't mean to imply anything.
I just assumed it was leaked that way, since there was a talk about people trying to crack it, yesterday.
I didn't look much into it, as you can imagine, exactly to avoid leaks.

How does higher post count = credible?

That makes absolutely 0 sense. I have double your post count so i guess you are the equivalent to a junior and nothing you say is credible, right? Or me saying that post count doesn't matter means it's credible because i have double your post. Your logic is extremely flawed.

The other poster was implying that I think that the person who has a higher post count is more credible. I thought it was common sense that, if I defend myself against him if he is implying something like that, I do not think a higher post count makes you more credible.

Arun1910

Hey guys! First post and thought I would post this about the Amazon UK pre-orders as some people think that Prime users that get 1 day delivery are getting theirs shipped Monday and people who aren't get theirs shipped first class on Saturday. This however is not the case.

I am a Prime member and the only option I get is this:

W1WGPVw.jpg

This is the chat I had with a customer rep:

SN7q8Qw.jpg

So basically, everyone's order is shipping on Saturday no matter if you are Prime and have 1 day delivery, or if you have a regular Amazon account and got upgraded to first class.

I guess that removes the option of checking stores on Saturday to see if they got the game early.

I dont Trust him either

/Rivynelitism

It is funny how people like you tend to quote something without reading the other posts where I explained my opinion.

But please.. Feel free to go ahead and do whatever it is you are doing.

Septimius

I dont Trust him either

/Revynelitism

Oh snap!

I have the option of preordering GTAV from a store online that pretty consistently delivers before release date to my city. I'm down to contemplating if I should do it, and hope it comes a day early, or just wait.. I mean, if it doesn't come on the day of the release, I could just buy it somewhere else, and return it.

I guess that's what I'll do. Why did I forget about this when it came to Kingdom Hearts 1.5? :(

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I have explained myself in the former post and the sentence on the post that you neglected to quote. Are we done here?

I neglected to quote it because you hadn't edited that in to your post when I quoted it.

And you still haven't actually explained why you felt the need to mention his junior status if in fact you don't believe a junior is less credible for being a junior. You could easily have just said random poster or some guy to get the same point across that people shouldn't take his word for it. The fact you mentioned him being a junior implies that you do in fact believe he's less credible purely because he's a junior.

rouken

my friend and I was talking earlier about him just getting for the inevitable pc version down the road and here's what i said to him:

"for the love of god! if there's one game that I think is deserving of your double dipping or triple dipping, I think it's GTA V!"

and i convinced him, miracles really do happen :)

I neglected to quote it because you hadn't edited that in to your post when I quoted it.

And you still haven't actually explained why you felt the need to mention his junior status if in fact you don't believe a junior is less credible for being a junior. You could easily have just said random poster or some guy to get the same point across that people shouldn't take his word for it. The fact you mentioned him being a junior implies that you do in fact believe he's less credible purely because he's a junior.

Oh, gosh. My apologies. From here on out I will just say random gaf member instead of the word 'junior' because I see that it can upset a lot of people here. It is just a word, a name and not some generalization on my end.

Can we stop this now? I am the last person who wants to keep derailing this thread.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Oh, gosh. My apologies. From here on out I will just say random gaf member instead of the word 'junior' because I see that it can upset a lot of people here. It is just a word, a name and not some generalization on my end.

Can we stop this now? I am the last person who wants to keep derailing this thread.

Whatever. Agreed lets just drop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom