• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

I actually downloaded the GTA III anniversary for my iPhone last night.

I haven't tried it out, yet, I'm sure it's nearly unplayable, but for $5 lol who gives a shit. I think it's hilarious that such a thing even exists.
III for iOS is great in my opinion. Same goes for Vice City. They perform better and look better than the original PS2 versions. Sharper colors, better draw distance, etc.

I actually got 100% on Vice City a few months ago, had a blast. Played a large chunk of III, but I need to go back and finish it.

antitrop

That spoiler/leak thread is fucking delicious.

I regret nothing.

I'm going in.

b6FdrdM.gif

imBask

Banned
As a long time GTA fan who enjoyed every GTA game and GTA IV being my favorite, i'm kinda nervous about this one.

Too much publicity, videos and etc, the expectation are way too high and it can only lead to some major deception for many people...

As a long time GTA fan who enjoyed every GTA game and GTA IV being my favorite, i'm kinda nervous about this one.

Too much publicity, videos and etc, the expectation are way too high and it can only lead to some major deception for many people...

I do not know. I have never played GTA games for its missions or story but for the sense of life, atmosphere and love that has been put into these games. Just the simple fact that I can totally calm myself down from a stressed out work day just by stepping into a car, drive over the freeway and watching the sun go down while listening to Corona, Stardust, Queen, Phil Collins etc. There is absolutely not one game with that sense of atmosphere for me.

dreamfall

If it's even half as good as IV, I'll be more than satisfied! Everything they've shown has been really incredible- and the scope of this game is unmatched!

I think we'll be really happy with it. I'd argue in typical Rockstar fashion , they showed just the right amount. Keep it mysteriously hyped!

I've only seen the official screenshots and trailers of V. Which is nothing compared to all the leaks I saw on IV. Now I've only got 4 days to go (it's 12AM now) :D

imBask

Banned
If it's even half as good as IV, I'll be more than satisfied! Everything they've shown has been really incredible- and the scope of this game is unmatched!

I think we'll be really happy with it. I'd argue in typical Rockstar fashion , they showed just the right amount. Keep it mysteriously hyped!

I don't know, they released way too many videos for me, and I pass by 3 different GTA V billboard on my way to work

maybe i'm just going crazy

Fjordson

Eh, that happens with every single major game over the past 15+ years.

I never really worry about too much hype. It's just video games. If overhyping a game is all you have to worry about then you're doing pretty well :lol

Zukuu

Banned
Cant you cancel? I preordered it from the store and it hasnt taken any money out my wallet yet?

Nope. Paid 59.99$. Also, would need to get funds on my real account as well and there is rarely an occasion for what I can spent my psn funds on.

Derrick01

Banned

No gta can deceive people like 4 did, since almost nothing released from that game before it came out. We knew a fraction of what that game was and what was in it than we do with this one.

dreamfall

I don't know, they released way too many videos for me, and I pass by 3 different GTA V billboard on my way to work

maybe i'm just going crazy

Bask in the inescapable publicity! This game is a cultural phenomenon like no other, on many fronts. It happens once every couple of years- as a true fan, you can just enjoy being part of this launch.

Not many days left now!

Arun1910

Nope. Paid 59.99$. Also, would need to get funds on my real account as well and there is rarely an occasion for what I can spent my psn funds on.

Odd. I have £52.99 in funds and when I pre-ordered it didn't take the money out from the wallet, which it normally does. Unless I get charged when the pre-load happens tomorrow...

TheDanger

Banned
What are the chances that those 20 songs that according to the OP are not revealed yet are the songs for the metal station or at least a hard rock station?

I miss V Rock.

imBask

Banned
No gta can deceive people like 4 did, since almost nothing released from that game before it came out. We knew a fraction of what that game was and what was in it than we do with this one.

i'll probably get crucified by some for this but : I think i'm still hurt by how unmet my expectations were for TLoU, and my expectations were high because of all the 10/10 and the publicity and the "citizen kane of gaming"

I guess it's different this time since i'm a rockstar fanboy

UrbanRats

i'll probably get crucified by some for this but : I think i'm still hurt by how unmet my expectations were for TLoU, and my expectations were high because of all the 10/10 and the publicity and the "citizen kane of gaming"

I guess it's different this time since i'm a rockstar fanboy

So you're saying it's gonna be even worse?

Those who are in Australia, Big W & Harvey Norman have it for $88, while at JB Hifi it's $89. They are the best prices I could find and I doubt you'll find it cheaper.

(These are for retail stores, thought you can buy them online too at the same price minus shipping)

Can't wait to play this, I've requested tuesday, wednesday, and saturday off . So 2 days in a row to play this then 2 days of work and then a 3 day weekend. :D

Hopefully my schedule for next week comes out today, if I've got monday off I'll try to find an early spot on sat.

buying digital might have been worth it to avoid the midnight launch mess. It's going to take hours to get the game get home, but PSN download time could be all night.

I only managed to get Tuesday off. I want to start playing as soon as I can Tuesday at Midnight and then crash out.

UrbanRats

buying digital might have been worth it to avoid the midnight launch mess. It's going to take hours to get the game get home, but PSN download time could be all night.

some of us ordered the physical copy from online retailers, think about that for a second.
That tracking will be painful.

Alienous

I had no idea that San Andreas had such diverse quotes depending on your wealth and girth. He even comments on his hairstyle.

*While car-jacking a woman* "I was always told to help a woman out of her car"
*While wearing a suit, being chased by police* "Do I dress like a gangbanger, sir?" or "Give up, pretend I outran you".

Rockstar's best work might be behind them.

BFIB

Ok....I caved in and watched a few of the vine videos. I thought it would satisfy. No.....now I want more. MORE!

I had no idea that San Andreas had such diverse quotes depending on your wealth and girth. He even comments on his hairstyle.

*While car-jacking a woman* "I was always told to help a woman out of her car"
*While wearing a suit, being chased by police* "Do I dress like a gangbanger, sir?" or "Give up, pretend I outran you".

Rockstar's best work might be behind them.

how-about-no.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom