• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

rouken

i couldn't take it anymore, i took the plunge and went in the spoiler thread. and it was beautiful.

all i can i say is it was worth it. that Jsticks guy is pretty cool for showing just snippets of the game.

now im more hyped than ever, 5 more days!

Twinduct

i couldn't take it anymore, i took the plunge and went in the spoiler thread. and it was beautiful.

all i can i say is it was worth it. that Jsticks guy is pretty cool for showing just snippets of the game.

now im more hyped than ever, 5 more days!

Feel that Rockstar kinda missed out on a great idea to guerilla market the game like this.
(Or maybe they didn't! *tinfoil hat*)

Covfan

Is the pre-load for the PSN copy back up yet? Tempted to grab the PSN copy but I wanna make sure I can play it as soon as it releases.

In the EU the preload can be started from tomorrow morning at 12:01. The US seemingly doesn't have a preload.

Just went for a tour in the spoiler thread, nothing game-ruining of course, but I definitely feel like I've seen enough now.

HYPE.

Also I hope that video is really Ps3 footage, hard to say for sure really.

The fear of clicking the wrong link is strong here.

WNxfPij.png

Thankfully avoided everything so far, here's hoping I can make it to tuesday.

Symphonia

Banned
I just received confirmation that my TV is being dispatched, and my GTA V bundle is ready to be shipped, which means I'll be able to play launch day - which is earlier than expected as I thought I'd have to wait until next Thursday at least. So, can I do a quick roll call, who's getting GTA V for what console?

THEaaron

I want reports on the framerates. And I want them from people, who are able to tell the difference between 30 and 25. In the internet, there are so many poor (or should I say lucky?) souls that don't even spot the difference between 30 and 60.

Whoever says framerate discussion is spoilerish should get some sleep, really.

Dries

The only thing I'm concerned about is if the PS3 version runs in 720p. GTA IV and RDR where all sub-HD on PS3, so......... Anyone know anything about this?

wizzbang

Banned
jaggy heaven!!!!!

Jaggys be damned, I'll take off my glasses! 65" or bust - I'll be about 7' eyeball to screen surface from her (about 1' closer than normal)
Leather recliner, oh god jesus god it's coming it's happening it's fucking happening people right here, right now holy fuck.

Also, the best part? sorry to be an asshole but this is one of the few pieces of news / games which releases midnight PER REGION - so I've got this fucker in the bag 12 hours earlier and yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I'll never forget the Crysis Warhead launch, hot off the hype of the only good Crysis game made (1) I was eager for the launch and the motherfuckers didn't just wait for the 18'th in the USA? Noooo they waited about midday USA time to fucking boot or something. I didn't have the game until the 19'th and a half or something. My hype bubble had turned to anger!

September 17 people, it's coming.

DodgerSan

I know the Internet is in for the stock market, but has it been confirmed whether the general websites are coming back? I must've sat and read every site the was in IV.

Hip Hop

I know the Internet is in for the stock market, but has it been confirmed whether the general websites are coming back? I must've sat and read every site the was in IV.

If the internet is used for the market as shown in the official gameplay video, I'd assume everything is all there.

Rockstar even put out that Lifehacker website , which is a facebook parody.

The only thing I'm concerned about is if the PS3 version runs in 720p. GTA IV and RDR where all sub-HD on PS3, so......... Anyone know anything about this?

Pixel-counters at beyond3d have said (from the ps3 footage) that it's 720p with post process AA. R* has a lot of time to re-tune their engine to the ps3's strengths.

I am tempted to get the PSN version just to have it RIGHT THERE but GTA games notmally have kick ass manuals and I like looking at the pull out map.

hmmmm.

Banzai

What ps4 version? If you have a ps3 I'd just say buy it for that.....unless you prefer to wait several months for the PC release.

Well they haven't announced a PS4 version yet. I still believe it's only a matter of time. But ah well, I might just have buy this game twice then...

Get the PS3 version and if there is ever a PS4 release, trade your copy in towards that

Im pretty sure they would give me at most 5 bucks for the ps3 gta at my local gamestop :D

DodgerSan

If the internet is used for the market as shown in the official gameplay video, I'd assume everything is all there.

Rockstar even put out that Lifehacker website , which is a facebook parody.

Here's hoping!

We were talking music a while back, and I was listening to some Quuensryche recently. I wish Revolution Calling had made it into a GTA. Seems to fit their themes. Here's a snippet:

I'm tired of all this bullshit
They keep selling me on T.V.
About the communist plan
And all the shady preachers
Begging for my cash
Swiss bank accounts while giving their
Secretaries the slam

They're all in Penthouse now
Or Playboy magazine, million dollar stories to tell
I guess Warhol wasn't wrong
Fame fifteen minutes long
Everyone's using everybody, making the sale

I used to think
That only America's way, way was right
But now the holy dollar rules everybody's lives
Gotta make a million doesn't matter who dies

Vitor711

I want reports on the framerates. And I want them from people, who are able to tell the difference between 30 and 25. In the internet, there are so many poor (or should I say lucky?) souls that don't even spot the difference between 30 and 60.

Whoever says framerate discussion is spoilerish should get some sleep, really.

Dude, a drop from 30-28 I find to be annoying. However, I can live with a rock solid 30FPS unlike a lot of people so as long as that's doable...

Also, all of the pre-release footage and trailer stuff was clearly PS3. Surely that's the lead console, right? There's no way this is the inferior version? No matter how much marketing money Sony threw at Rockstar, why would they show off the worse version?

Either there's no difference between the two, or the PS3 version is marginally better. No way can it be worse, right? Man, first world problems - owning both consoles.

Well they haven't announced a PS4 version yet. I still believe it's only a matter of time. But ah well, I might just have buy this game twice then...

Im pretty sure they would give me at most 5 bucks for the ps3 gta at my local gamestop :D

Just get the PS3 version then, you could be waiting a long time for a next gen version

Dude, a drop from 30-28 I find to be annoying. However, I can live with a rock solid 30FPS unlike a lot of people so as long as that's doable...

Also, all of the pre-release footage and trailer stuff was clearly PS3. Surely that's the lead console, right? There's no way this is the inferior version? No matter how much marketing money Sony threw at Rockstar, why would they show off the worse version?

Either there's no difference between the two, or the PS3 version is marginally better. No way can it be worse, right? Man, first world problems - owning both consoles.

If I remember correctly rockstar are developing the game for both platforms, and by that I mean they're not porting it from one console to the other. They're just trying to get the best out of them.

monkeyhat

This is probably old news, but I notice that you can log in to LifeInvader (GTAV's Facebook parody) with your Rockstar Social Club account, and Like (or in LifeInvader language, "Stalk") pages to get offers and discounts at in game stores. Presumably these transfer into the game?

Totally hated GTA IV but reading up on V and checking some trailers has me hyped. Might just take the plunge and order it on Amazon (or download it from PSN). Yippee.

Even if the PS3 versions performs a little worse but is neglectable, i'd still get that version because of the fact that I am used to the free online now. Next-gen consoles are over the horizon and just paying double the €60,- for both the game and online is ridiculous when it only has a few more months to spare.

un1que

Arghhhh mannnn! Just had a package from shopto!

Got all excited!

Opened it!

Forgot I pre ordered puppeteer

Never been so happy and so gutted at the same time!

This is probably old news, but I notice that you can log in to LifeInvader (GTAV's Facebook parody) with your Rockstar Social Club account, and Like (or in LifeInvader language, "Stalk") pages to get offers and discounts at in game stores. Presumably these transfer into the game?

Damn, I missed out on 'LifeInvader. Glad you posted it. Aha stalking!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom