• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

DukeBobby

My buttocks clenched tightly when bish starting wielding the ban hammer last night.

I quickly looked over my previous posts, just to make sure I didn't say any spoilers by accident.

Man, I was so relieved when I didn't find anything.

Alright then, I had an ambitious idea for the next few GTA games. Let me know how plausible this is, or feel free to tear it down or whatever.

Step 1: Release GTAV on next-gen, better graphics and maybe some new content. Fifty million people double-dip.

Step 2: GTAV: San Fierro. Three new MC's, a new city and rural areas (I'd suggest more ocean and coastal themed stuff in this one, Alcatraz and maybe an island chain, modern pirates, offshore gambling, maybe an oil rig would be coo).

Step 3: Patch for OG GTAV that allows Michael, Franklyn and Trevor to leave LS and travel to the new city, with a disc swap. Also vice-versa, the new characters can travel to LS. This means you can have six switchable characters inhabiting one city.

Step 4: You know what's next. GTAV: Las Venturas. This one gives us three new characters, story, and the city as well as the desert.

Step 5: Patch the other two games so they can all visit each other's cities, allowing 9 protags in one city. If this is too ambitious, then I guess you could limit it to three or four or whatever.

Step 6: GTAV Complete edition. Joins all three together for one enormous state - the entirety of GTAV's San Andreas. No disc swapping and little or no loading, as the nine protags can spread out across the whole state and you can play the entire story simultaneously, switching between each perspective on the fly.

Step 7: Profit.

This probably won't happen but it's fun to imagine.

hlhbk

As a long time GTA fan who enjoyed every GTA game and GTA IV being my favorite, i'm kinda nervous about this one.

Too much publicity, videos and etc, the expectation are way too high and it can only lead to some major deception for many people...

Really? I feel like there has been way less marking/expectations for this than there was for GTA IV. I also loved GTA IV and think this looks worlds better.

Megasoum

Banned
I've been building pc specs for my boss all morning and he just told me that I've been writing Geforce GTA instead of GTX all morning lol... that game...

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Multiplayer got boring for me, too many people playing like cod. Plus no one ever wants to play with free aim:/

Like CoD, eh? How so? I play FA almost exclusively. I'm one of them pistol/bullet-time wielding types, mind.

I ordered Blood Meridian just now, will TopCashBack give me a £5 voucher code to use when its dispatched?

Superb book. One of the grimmest, bloodiest bits of fiction I've ever had the fortune to find :)

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
This thread slowed down so much after the spoiler thread went up. No way I'm heading over there, though.

SaSliXCII

Banned
To all you fellow Britons, i pre ordered mine from Amazon last night, what are the chances really that i'll get it release day from them? I don't want to get too hyped for it coming on the day of release tbh.

This thread slowed down so much after the spoiler thread went up. No way I'm heading over there, though.

Just got back from that thread. Would not go there now, the guide is basically fully leaking which means every detail of the game could be spoiled, plus images can be embedded. I'm posting this on here to reassure myself that I won't go there again.

Just got back from that thread. Would not go there now, the guide is basically fully leaking which means every detail of the game could be spoiled, plus images can be embedded. I'm posting this on here to reassure myself that I won't go there again.

Sometimes the rules on Gaf are ass backwards....scans of game content, NO. Camera pictures of game content, YES. lol.

DukeBobby

I peaked, but I only saw enough to get me more a bit more hyped.

The guide spoilers? Nope, nope, nope. Avoiding them like the plague.

Randdalf

The only time I've ever bought a game before release was when the local shopping centre was selling the American version (I'm in the UK) of Pokemon SoulSilver 2 days before it came out in America, and 2 weeks before in came out in the UK.

Ok, I'm going to do my best to avoid the leaked thread. Weapons, vehicles, short clips, are cool. List of random events...not so much

But damn, wait till you see the city from high up at night. It's like RDR level gorgeous all over again, with the skybox and lights and draw distance and everything else

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Ok, I'm going to do my best to avoid the leaked thread. Weapons, vehicles, short clips, are cool. List of random events...not so much

But damn, wait till you see the city from high up at night. It's like RDR level gorgeous all over again, with the skybox and lights and draw distance and everything else

and the water mirroring the damn lights!! ....#dead

Don't go to the other side guys

Weapons, cars and other spoilers from guide are there.

How can you resist

iEuhS2vd4NfGD.gif

dreamfall

Resisting with everything I've got.

I just want to get on a bike and spend hours peacefully exploring with Franklin.

It shall be glorious!

Arun1910

I cant wait to see everyone at Uni during freshers week stumbling drunk out of their wits into the ASDA on Campus whilst I have it pre-loaded :p

Aranath

To all you fellow Britons, i pre ordered mine from Amazon last night, what are the chances really that i'll get it release day from them? I don't want to get too hyped for it coming on the day of release tbh.

I tried adding a discount code to my pre-order yesterday and had some problems, so I spoke with Amazon on the phone and the rep told me she was too afraid to do anything to the order to help me in case it reset it and I wouldn't get it on release day. Make of that what you will.

To be honest, I doubt they're going to completely sell out. Unfortunately, I think you'll only know next week.

Lach

I kinda do have a small hope to find a store (that doesn't exclusively do games and media) that just puts the game up for sale tomorrow because the usual release day is friday...

Gaz_RB

Man I don't know how I got this far without seeing any spoilers. It's so tempting just to know what it looks like during actual gameplay...

Btw, lazlo, if youre reading this thread still, sorry if you think it was my fault that you got banned! I shouldn't have asked you about framerate and stuff!

You were a kind soul!

Ya no

Any chance it'll go up for pre-load for the US PSN? I have it pre-ordered and would love to be able to pre-load it. If they don't do that, any idea what time it will be available for download eastern time? Will it be exactly at midnight? I CAN'T TAKE THIS

DireStr8s

Any chance it'll go up for pre-load for the US PSN? I have it pre-ordered and would love to be able to pre-load it. If they don't do that, any idea what time it will be available for download eastern time? Will it be exactly at midnight? I CAN'T TAKE THIS

3am est

Acorn

I kinda do have a small hope to find a store (that doesn't exclusively do games and media) that just puts the game up for sale tomorrow because the usual release day is friday...

Best bet for that is supermarkets, although I heard they've put a block on the tills now because they have been fined so much for breaking dates.

Anyway, I almost clicked on the spoiler thread, but fuck that. I've managed to stay clean of spoilers all this time, be pointless to look when its only a few days away.

dreamfall

"You'll miss lots if you don't pop over to [a character] from time to time," Houser said. "You'll miss lots of the stuff they are potentially getting up to, but you won't miss key plot points. It will be little details about what their lives are like, based on what you've done in the plot. You'll miss those obviously if you move the plot past where those are no longer relevant, and just the sheer number of things you can see them get up to, you'll miss them if you don't keep going to have a look for them."

New Polygon Interview up with Houser- insight into switching characters and the inspiration behind it.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/12/4719854/grand-theft-auto-5-metaphysics-and-the-power-of-three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom