• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
Wth... consider me extremely disappointed.

Really.

Yeah the tennis isn't that great. Everything else is so good though. It would have been cool if R* had re-purposed the engine used for their table tennis game at the start of the gen instead. It feels silly complaining about the tennis though when the rest of the game is of this high quality.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
LESS THAN 20 MORE HOURS TO GO!

waypoetic

Banned
Jeff is a Saints Row man through and through. I think he's been "over" GTA for a while.
I wouldn't be surprised if he 4 stars is. That's his prerogative you know? Who cares what reviewers think, it's if you like it that counts. I still ♥ Jeff regardless.

Yeah, didn't he say on the podcast that "i haven't noticed any GTA hype"? The dude isn't on a media blackout, he's in fucking denial :p

Certinty

Yeah the tennis isn't that great. Everything else is so good though. It would have been cool if R* had re-purposed the engine used for their table tennis game at the start of the gen instead.
That's a huge shame. Could have just got Top Spin's basic mechanics though since it's a 2K game.

Yeah the tennis isn't that great. Everything else is so good though. It would have been cool if R* had re-purposed the engine used for their table tennis game at the start of the gen instead. It feels silly complaining about the tennis though when the rest of the game is of this high quality.

Their table tennis game is RAGE engine like GTA4.

Acccent

Like keuja said, "NPC swear" is an incorrect translation - what they probably mean is that the since main trio is well written, and the secondary characters aren't as developed, they feel a bit off.

Tourmeta

psn preload of GTA5 finished downloading overnight :D Now to stare at the splash screen until midnight, someone said it would unlock at 01:00 for them but to me it says 00:00 (cest)

Edit: nvm, had summertime off :( 01:00 cest

glaurung

Damn some dude just linked me some Russian fucking comparison screens between 360 and PS3... grumble-grumble.

Also, when does the UK PSN pre-order digital version unlock? 12 PM London time?

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
That's a huge shame. Could have just got Top Spin's basic mechanics though since it's a 2K game.

For sure, that would have been cool. That said, there's so much to see and do. I've put in over ten hours now and I feel like I've seen 1% of what the game has to offer. I don't think anyone will be complaining about the tennis when they get their copies. They'll be too busy flying planes into buildings, blowing up fuel trucks and terrorizing the citizens of Los Santos.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Damn some dude just linked me some Russian fucking comparison screens between 360 and PS3... grumble-grumble.

Also, when does the UK PSN pre-order digital version unlock? 12 PM London time?

There will inevitably be a comparison thread. I wonder if it can be done well enough to avoid spoilers?

TheDanger

Banned
My order changed to delivery started, as the shop is only like 30 km from here I hope it gets here by tomorrow. I can't wait any longer, I want it NOW.

Riggs

Banned
For sure, that would have been cool. That said, there's so much to see and do. I've put in over ten hours now and I feel like I've seen 1% of what the game has to offer. I don't think anyone will be complaining about the tennis when they get their copies. They'll be too busy flying planes into buildings, blowing up fuel trucks and terrorizing the citizens of Los Santos.

You psycho!!!

red731

No luck :( I've deleted the file and am now redownloading it, Virgin Media are going to love me for downloading 18gb*3 within 24 hours.

Sorry to hear. Wishing you luck this time.
Also, you can scratch the Virgin in the Media now
KuGsj.gif

ufo8mycat

I will be picking this game up tomorrow (Tuesday) - but won't be playing it until Friday (I want to use the weekend)

So whats worse then waiting for it to be released?

Staring at the game case until Friday :D

A little more than 24 hours for me until I finally get my hands on this gem of a game. Last 6 hours of work is coming up and then I am free until next monday.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
RIGGS

I HEARD YOU'RE PLAYING THIS GAME

WTFFFFFFFF

red731

I will be picking this game up tomorrow (Tuesday) - but won't be playing it until Friday (I want to use the weekend)

So whats worse then waiting for it to be released?

Staring at the game case until Friday :D

Sorry about your cat, man. And please, try to survive it. Waiting for dispatching is such a pain now - can't imagine waiting until Friday.

Omni

Anyone from Aus know what time EB games opens tomorrow? I have a tight schedule and am hoping to get in sometime in the morning.

Plus if I cancel my Xbox One pre-order, I can use my deposit to pay off GTAV, right? I won't be able to afford the X1 at launch anyway, so might as well use the money I've already put down for something I want

gossi

My Amazon UK order is "Outward RDC Handheld Acceptance" at "South Western Distribution Centre". COME ON.

Reviews are 3PM UK time.

SmokyDave

Counting down the hours until midnight. Got my copy put aside, re-arranged my furniture so I'm sat right in front of the TV and there's a beer fridge at arms length. Only working today and then I'm off for a week.

Bring it on.

Riggs

Banned
RIGGS

I HEARD YOU'RE PLAYING THIS GAME

WTFFFFFFFF

Brooo I paid 80 bucks , been playin since 8pm lol. Found a guy on craigslist hah, surprised I didn't get robbed.

Rivyn LOL, we always will be D3 buddies!!

Going to try and sleep now, since I am a weak person :(

Yoshichan

There goes your Diablo 3 buddy.
THIS SUCKS :(
Brooo I paid 80 bucks , been playin since 8pm lol. Found a guy on craigslist hah, surprised I didn't get robbed.

Rivyn LOL, we always will be D3 buddies!!

Going to try and sleep now, since I am a weak person :(

Arrrrrrrgh! Aight man, you enjoy this game! I will in like 24 hours...

Reaaaaallly kinda wish I didn't start classes at university today. Hopefully I'll get home at 7 or 8pm and have the game waiting for me from Amazon UK.

spats

Counting down the hours until midnight. Got my copy put aside, re-arranged my furniture so I'm sat right in front of the TV and there's a beer fridge at arms length. Only working today and then I'm off for a week.

Bring it on.

It sounds to me like you might just have the best week of all time.

Dries

Let me try it this way: are the track listings for the classic rock and country stations listed in the OP exactly how they are in the game?

Anyone from Aus know what time EB games opens tomorrow? I have a tight schedule and am hoping to get in sometime in the morning.

Plus if I cancel my Xbox One pre-order, I can use my deposit to pay off GTAV, right? I won't be able to afford the X1 at launch anyway, so might as well use the money I've already put down for something I want

8am

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom