• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHADES

So so so glad I did not purchase the PSN version. If I would have needed to download the game again I would not even be playing until Wednesday. Good luck with the redownload everyone. Hope you can play everything by tomorrow.

If you want any personal belongings to be picked up when you go to jail, I am your man.

Lol, its all good, got me franklins driving ability, got home safe, no Feds, no drama, installing.......

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Finally installed it! :D

50 minutes to download again and another 50 to install.

For those getting the 80029546 error. Delete the game and re download. Make sure to not download in background.

I usually download everything in the background but I heard a rumour awhile ago that downloads were faster when not in the background so when I preordered it 2 hours ago I decided not to do it in the background.

I really, really hope it works because it's going to take 24hrs to download from UK PSN here in Australia. :(

Covfan

I've noticed that downloads seem to move along faster if you don't, however, I've also noticed that if there's an error during the download, you can't resume, whereas if you "download in the background", it's slower, but you can resume downloads.
Didn't download in background yesterday, game downloaded and installed fine, sometime overnight the file corrupted (possibly when it tried to download the game again and atomic blimp DLC).

I've noticed that downloads seem to move along faster if you don't, however, I've also noticed that if there's an error during the download, you can't resume, whereas if you "download in the background", it's slower, but you can resume downloads.
Yeah it took just over 3 hours last night just to download it in the background, and then I saw the error. Luckily it was less then 2 for both download and install this morning. The error seems to be with the install.
Interesting, I never had problems with background download, and I was DLing games larger than 10 GB.... (knocking on wood with wooden chair). I will see in 7 hours, if thing is working, off to afternoon shift :
this was the first time I've seen that code, I've never had issues downloading large games offered on PS+ before.

Chris_C

Oh dear. I left it to install and went to work. Hopefully I don't have an error waiting for me.

It was actually kind of weird now that I think about it. When I checked in the morning, the game had appeared on the XMB in the game menu and it had the song playing and everything. When I tried to start it up, it obviously said the game can't be started yet. But then when I shut turned the system off, it started installing the thing. I thought it was already "installed" since it appeared on the XMB like that.
(

Are you a PSN+ member? When you turned the system off, it probably turned itself on to install the game "while you're away".

TheDanger

Banned
just got my shipment tracking link, please be here tomorrow. The store is like 30 minutes from me by car so it could really be here tomorrow. The day at work will be like the longest ever.

I'm freakin out, man. Everyone is getting their copies and I am just sitting here...

spiderman-desk.png

red731

Let's go on an Alza raid, you and me.

I would seriously do that. I don't even want to bombard them with questions.
All I've got now is to prepare invoices and just wait until the work is over.
Rogue Legacy or Outlast must get me through this....

Longest wait ever.

SJRB

Gold Member
O god, only 12 more hours until the midnight launch..

I better start thinking about what midnight snacks I need to buy.

banjoted

Some of the advise regarding PSN downloads on here is a bit off.

I tried a non-background download yesterday (started at 3:45pm). It took five hours and then the install failed at 14%. A second, background download (started at 9:00pm) took just one and half hours and installed without a problem.

My Amazon UK order arrived just now.

Sweet. I'm almost tempted to wait until tomorrow though.....almost :p Should be no issues with signing onto PSN while playing though, right?

"14-SEP-2013 - 21:17 - Outward RDC Volumetric Acceptance - South Western Distribution Centre"

Guess that means tomorrow for me then.

same here: "14-SEP-2013 - 19:19 Outward RDC Volumetric Acceptance - National Distribution Centre"

I was hoping it would be here today. Meh, what's one more day?

Radec

My Amazon UK order arrived just now.

Sweet. I'm almost tempted to wait until tomorrow though.....almost :p Should be no issues with signing onto PSN while playing though, right?

There's no online component yet anyway.

GTA Online will be available in October 1st.

I know when we send stuff out from work using Royal Mail Recorded Delivery some times the tracking info doesn't get updated until after the item has been delivered so there's still hope yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom