• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
screenshot-20130916_130ks7.jpg

COME ON!

Same here!

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Now it's saying "an error occurred during the install operation 80029564" when trying to install the preload :(

What a shame. I hope that my preload will work (currently at 90%)... been watching my router traffic and there were some error packets during the night :\

Finally installed it! :D

50 minutes to download again and another 50 to install.

For those getting the 80029546 error. Delete the game and re download. Make sure to not download in background.

Vishnu

Wait what?!
That site finished the campaign in 16 hours?
Wow they rushed through it at an insane pace.
I can't see anyone do it in 16 hours, maybe 6 months from now, but right now? No way.

Looks like my copy is still sitting at the National Distribution Centre, was hoping it would have started making its way up the road by now. Ah well, hopefully get it tomorrow.

spats

What a shame. I hope that my preload will work (currently at 90%)... been watching my router traffic and there were some error packets during the night :\

Oh dear. I left it to install and went to work. Hopefully I don't have an error waiting for me.

It was actually kind of weird now that I think about it. When I checked in the morning, the game had appeared on the XMB in the game menu and it had the song playing and everything. When I tried to start it up, it obviously said the game can't be started yet. But then when I shut turned the system off, it started installing the thing. I thought it was already "installed" since it appeared on the XMB like that.

edit:

Finally installed it! :D

50 minutes to download again and another 50 to install.

For those getting the 80029546 error. Delete the game and re download. Make sure to not download in background.

Are you K I D D I N G me?

I won't be able to re-download it in time. I'll be crushed if there's an error waiting for me. :(

So so so glad I did not purchase the PSN version. If I would have needed to download the game again I would not even be playing until Wednesday. Good luck with the redownload everyone. Hope you can play everything by tomorrow.

Just picked up my copy, Driving home GTA style!

If you want any personal belongings to be picked up when you go to jail, I am your man.

Addnan

Won't be getting mine today, oh well. Just 1 day to go. It's been at "15-SEP-2013 00:25 Outward RDC Volumetric Acceptance Yorkshire Distribution Centre" whatever the fuck that means.

Tourmeta

I was wondering why people said background downloads were the cause of the error since I got none... But then I figured my background download was paused at 59% at the same time as I had the full game installed, my ps3 basically started a new download automatically overnight, thank goodness :)

SmokyDave

It sounds to me like you might just have the best week of all time.
You ain't kidding!

I do this once a generation. Last time was San Andreas, the time before was Ocarina of Time. I've told the missus to ignore my slovenly lack of hygiene or dignity for a week, and I've told her to get comfortable with me being drunk before she leaves for work in the morning. Now I just need to get through this working day. It's killing me.

scarlet

The +/- translated :

+ an open-world lesson
+ the display distance, astounding
+ situations are as great as varied
+ an excellent trio
+ the junction missions
+ that writing
+ planes, helicos, submarines
+ pleasant fanservice
+ and even golf !

- stiff gunfights
- the characteristic, really secondary
- NPCs swear
- we would like more trio missions
- confuse training
- the tennis is meh
- if there were coop...

NNNNNOOOOOOOO!

i love tennis :(

Covfan

Redownload done, now installing....

I think this issue has something to do with automatic downloads, I think it downloaded the Atomic Blimp overnight and then decided to corrupt the installed file and the first redownload of the game,

Chris_C

Don't press the download in background button.

I've noticed that downloads seem to move along faster if you don't, however, I've also noticed that if there's an error during the download, you can't resume, whereas if you "download in the background", it's slower, but you can resume downloads.

DrM

Redmond's Baby

Interesting, I never had problems with background download, and I was DLing games larger than 10 GB.... (knocking on wood with wooden chair). I will see in 7 hours, if thing is working, off to afternoon shift :\

Oh dear. I left it to install and went to work. Hopefully I don't have an error waiting for me.

It was actually kind of weird now that I think about it. When I checked in the morning, the game had appeared on the XMB in the game menu and it had the song playing and everything. When I tried to start it up, it obviously said the game can't be started yet. But then when I shut turned the system off, it started installing the thing. I thought it was already "installed" since it appeared on the XMB like that.

edit:

Are you K I D D I N G me?

I won't be able to re-download it in time. I'll be crushed if there's an error waiting for me. :(
If you're getting that error code then it's the best course of action I've found.

But I only got as far as 14% install before it quit on me and I didn't have the game music playing on the XMB, all that was there was the game 'bubble' waiting for install.

I don't think I'll do this again and thankfully come PS4 we'll be able to play as we download.

This been nothing but a complete ball ache.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom