• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolfgang

Going to the shop in an hour, if they won't sell it then, it's the midnight launch for me. And then I gotta race, because the last train home is leaving at 00:27 AM

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
...Yeah.
We will pull through though.

I'm out of teeth :)

+1 here. All I can do is try to occupy myself with other stuff before it arrives and hope it will get here by tomorrow.

But. It's. So. Goddamn. Hard.

tumblr_mcl6977E3z1qefo74o1_500.gif

I thought I'd be fine waiting until tomorrow but all you Eastern States bastards are getting midnight launches. Fucking Western Australia. The best we can manage in Perth is JB Hi Fi opening at 8am instead of 9 :p

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Is the PS3 Preorder theme also locked until release? I can't seem to use it even though I've preloaded the whole bundle.

I thought I'd be fine waiting until tomorrow but all you Eastern States bastards are getting midnight launches. Fucking Western Australia. The best we can manage in Perth is JB Hi Fi opening at 8am instead of 9 :p

That really sucks man, I'll be thinking of you when I'm at the launch in 4.5 hours ;)

School tommorow at 15pm. My plan of action is heading out to the store grabbing my preorder at 10am and start playing.

I'm wondering how long time it takes for the game to install on the PS3, maybe I can go to the gym instead of wasting time looking at the loading screen.

Grumbul

Looks like our friends over at that Shop you can go To did not get this to anyone early then (or at least no-one from forums I have been looking at).

Straight back in the mail for a full refund since Amazon shipped sooner and cheaper.

The power of consumerism!

monkeyhat

Nope, the postie has been.. no GTA V :(
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat? I had to go to work before the postie arrived today, but I hoped the game would have arrived by the time I got home. The Shop To app was reporting the game had shipped on Friday, then the website was reporting it shipped on Saturday morning. Same for you guys?

Man, I paid £6 more than Amazon in the hope that Shop To would do their usual early-shipping. Was gutted when I saw people mention their Amazon orders had arrived on Saturday :(

Looks like our friends over at that Shop you can go To did not get this to anyone early then (or at least no-one from forums I have been looking at).

Straight back in the mail for a full refund since Amazon shipped sooner and cheaper.

A guy earlier on said he got it.

Ostinatto

my disk drive on my PS3 Slim is making too much noises, is there a way to install the game completely into the hard drive?

another thing. can i change the R2 (Accelerate) button to R1? i'd feel more comfortable that way.

Heimbeck

Banned
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat? I had to go to work before the postie arrived today, but I hoped the game would have arrived by the time I got home. The Shop To app was reporting the game had shipped on Friday, then the website was reporting it shipped on Saturday morning. Same for you guys?

Man, I paid £6 more than Amazon in the hope that Shop To would do their usual early-shipping. Was gutted when I saw people mention their Amazon orders had arrived on Saturday :(

Well mine hasn't arrived yet from amazon so not everyone is getting it early.

doby

No game for me today :( although I wasn't expecting it anyway since Tesco are bastards.

Had a call just now from fedex wanting additional directions for my house because the driver couldn't find me on friday, now I don't know what I'm more excited for, GTA (which is confirmed to come first class mail) or a mystery parcel I have no recollection of ordering!

Seriously? Act less like a spoiled brat!

My friend would like to buy this at a retail store in the UK tomorrow. What do you think will be his best bet in terms of just walking in and painlessly picking up a copy? A supermarket?

Numpt3

Yup, ordered it from Shopto instead of Amazon because of their habbit of sending it early... Now reading that Amazon orders are early.. Grrr.

H1PSTER

There are so many people on social networking websites complaining that ShopTo hasn't gave them a copy early.

It's quite silly, especially when one person I saw looked about seven.

SirNinja

What a shame. I hope that my preload will work (currently at 90%)... been watching my router traffic and there were some error packets during the night :\

Finally installed it! :D

50 minutes to download again and another 50 to install.

For those getting the 80029546 error. Delete the game and re download. Make sure to not download in background.

I was wondering why people said background downloads were the cause of the error since I got none... But then I figured my background download was paused at 59% at the same time as I had the full game installed, my ps3 basically started a new download automatically overnight, thank goodness :)

Redownload done, now installing....

I think this issue has something to do with automatic downloads, I think it downloaded the Atomic Blimp overnight and then decided to corrupt the installed file and the first redownload of the game,

Whoa, hang on, there's actually a preload after all? I can't find it anywhere.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
My friend would like to buy this at a retail store in the UK tomorrow. What do you think will be his best bet in terms of just walking in and painlessly picking up a copy? A supermarket?

probably, yeah. They usually have a ton of stock if you go earlyish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom