• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolfgang

Installing as we speak... YES! YES! YES! YES!

I had to wait from 20:00 to 00:00 to pick it up (I was first in line tough, were about 200 people there. Guys from the shop took pictures of me holding the game up like a trophy haha), but damn, it was even fun standing there in line, talking to other fans of the series. Also, no pushing was involved, what I deem a goddamn miracle!

Doran902

i dont think i see a single girl in any of those line pictures

no joke, probly missed a couple but man

i guess rockstar knows its audience

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
i dont think i see a single girl in any of those line pictures

no joke, probly missed a couple but man

i guess rockstar knows its audience

My friend's wife preordered. She wants to play. I'm sure there are female GTA players out there.

It's installing right now.

Just got back from midnight opening, I live in a small town and 500 people came to the release. Some had actually been outside the store since 5:30, before the store even closed, and waited in fold out chairs

MercuryLS

Banned
Shit, I am getting a ton of pop up during the intro on the PSN version. Not a good sign :(

How is the retail copy? Is the pop in less aggressive?

Picking up my copy now. I came to my game store about 30 minutes after opening and there's still a line of about 50 people. It's not an inner city store either, it's relatively out of the way.

I can't believe how close we are

Thank you all for keeping me entertained with this thread. It certainly helped pass the time

See you in the mean streets of Los Santos, yo

MercuryLS

Banned
Why would the retail and psn versions be different? :\

I don't know, maybe the loading is better when the game is streaming from the HDD and disc at the same time vs. just off the HDD. I'm driving around with Franklin and the road in front of me is popping in in some cases. It's really bad :(

sqwarlock

6 1/2 hours until I come home with my bundle. Then it's initial console setup and the mandatory install, and then it's playing until I pass out. For once I'm happy to be unemployed.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
I don't know, maybe the loading is better when the game is streaming from the HDD and disc at the same time vs. just off the HDD. I'm driving around with Franklin and the road in front of me is popping in in some cases. It's really bad :(

Is it as bad as when having both discs installed to the HDD on the 360 ? I would have thought Rockstar would have optimized the digital version to avoid that problem.

I'm glad i waited on buying it on PSN, might just pick up the disc version now, if it's confirmed.

6 1/2 hours until I come home with my bundle. Then it's initial console setup and the mandatory install, and then it's playing until I pass out. For once I'm happy to be unemployed.
I made this very same comment to a friend earlier today... for the first time in months, I'm genuinely ecstatic that I'm single and jobless!

Jomtos

Neo Member
Just got my notification from Amazon this very second - says GTAV just shipped and I'll get it by *tomorrow*.

I click on the "track package" link in the email which brings me to Amazon where it says it'll be delivered on Wednesday.

Motherfuckers :(

iAEKkazYWk6FG.png

izeNxkZXNYAAM.png

Same here, but UPS says Tuesday 17

RoadHazard

Gold Member
So yeah, the start of this game really does run like crap. Starts out at around 30 fps, but pretty soon it drops to 20 or so. Reeeeally choppy. Seems a bit better now that the intro mission is done though. Let's hope it stays that way.

MercuryLS

Banned
Is it as bad as when having both discs installed to the HDD on the 360 ? I would have thought Rockstar would have optimized the digital version to avoid that problem.

I'm glad i waited on buying it on PSN, might just pick up the disc version now, if it's confirmed.

I'm hoping this is just temporary, I'll post a follow up after a few hours of playing.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
MY GIRLFRIEND IS THE BEST. She's going to Gamestop for me right now to pick up a group ticket, which will help make sure I'm one of the first people to get the game at midnight. I can't do it myself because I have to work in twenty minutes. True love. <3

Install is 80% done.

See you guys never.
lol

nib95

Banned
Damn, the game is sold out on Amazon UK. I'm buying mine retail but ordered one from Amazon UK a few weeks back just in case, says it's dispatched already so I'm glad. Don't know if the stores will even have any left tomorrow.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Any guesses on when we'll overflow into OT2? I give us by the end of the day tomorrow (Tuesday).

I'm really hype although that GT review actually de-hyped me.

I was scrubbing around not watching much, though.

Any guesses on when we'll overflow into OT2? I give us by the end of the day tomorrow (Tuesday).
I don't know when I'll get a chance to, but I was planning adding/changing stuff for OT2.

Dibs! Hah.

Then that little watcha-call it can make the Online OT in OCtober.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom