• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally, I have a copy!
I went to the Blockbuster I used to work at, they were doing a midnight launch so I got a rental copy there to tie me over until my Collector's Edition pre-order comes tomorrow. I'm really that impatient...

Playing on PS3.
Dat install.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
someone has to moe this thread up
It's a thankless job, but somebody had to do it.

Guess I won't be playing this game anytime soon. Took a friend to the midnight release, and got into a stupid car accident just down the street from the store. Thankfully nobody got hurt, but my car's totaled. The police officers even thought it was funny, "Guess you got some first-hand experience now." I'm still a bit shaky.
Whaaaaat! Glad you're okay. Hope you can figure things out and get a copy of the game by October 1st!

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Finally, I have a copy!
I went to the Blockbuster I used to work at, they were doing a midnight launch so I got a rental copy there to tie me over until my Collector's Edition pre-order comes tomorrow. I'm really that impatient...

Playing on PS3.
Dat install.

I wish I had a BB near me

Shady859

Did you break your hands or something? A totaled car shouldn't keep u from getting one video game. Hell, you're essentially grounded now with no car so you might as well get it. And I'm glad you're okay. Material things can always be replaced.

Yea this! I literally ripped my thumb off days before GTA 3. I to this day remember trying to play that game with my whole hand bundled up after getting it a few days after release. After the wraps came off it was thumb rehab.

Glad you all were fine and enjoy driving that rental car like you GTA jacked it.

LifEndz

Don't exactly feel like I deserve it right now, though, especially if there's any additional costs to the car. ;) I'll see about that later on.

Anyway, you guys, enjoy the game.

Dude, I know how u feel but 60 bucks won't change your current situation. Go get a 6-pack, the game and get some "fuck it, tho" in your life.

LNBL

Wooohh got it! Waited 45 minutes at the night release. Installing now while i enjoy my pizza and reading the map. Paradise is upon us.

smr00

Banned
wow so moe

Enable motion flow. INSTANT 60 FPS, don't even need good hardware, that's why I'm not getting a ps4, just get a good tv instead.
CMPunkLaughGIF.gif

i know it's a joke but i know people who takes the motion flow shit serious

LifEndz

Still marvel at those of you who can play a GTA game on a non-Sony console. It just feels wrong. That said, I hope the PS3 version isn't a complete mess. Def double dipping on this one for my PS4.

I wish I had a BB near me

Definitely comes in handy. When the administration hit earlier in the year across the UK, the store near me was lucky to stick around.
I only left there like 4 days ago ready to go to university. It was so weird having to queue with everyone and not get discount on the drinks and sweets I was buying haha.

Just got my notification from Amazon this very second - says GTAV just shipped and I'll get it by *tomorrow*.

I click on the "track package" link in the email which brings me to Amazon where it says it'll be delivered on Wednesday.

Motherfuckers :(

iAEKkazYWk6FG.png

izeNxkZXNYAAM.png

Amagon

Geezus Christ, this is like Christmas for me. I'm starting to get sick just waiting for midnight tonight and I'm a grown ass man.

;_;

SHADES

Put in 12 hours so far, I'm hooked like a mofo, but this got me thinking..... I can't recall a story led game with this much depth ( TLoU is up there) but when Rockstar drop the bomb kinda makes me feel short changed by the rest of the titles. Or is it just me?

Turned up to my local shop at about 10:30. I live in a small enough town, but it has the only shop that sells games for quite a fair distance. By 11:30 there was over a hundred people lined up. I was third in line. I never seen a turn out in this town quite like it.

Oh, weird. At Gamestop?

My Gamestop usually has 2 groups--one that's paid and one that hasn't. The people who paid usually get a receipt with a highlighter mark or some shit and then one Midnight hits we just slide in show the receipt and you get your copy. No re-checking out on the register or anything.

Yeah, at Gamestop. Might be because a.) It's in a shopping center right next to a Wal-Mart off the interstate and b.) it's the only GameStop for about 30 miles that's going to be open tonight for the launch.

Spazznid

So I got my GS preorder paid off, and I'm in group 4. The person said that each group is around 10 people, so when midnight comes around, I'll go down and should be out within ten minutes. Got the next few days off work, and I plan to use them.

Welp, who is hitting up Best Buy Tonight? My bro in law comes by around 11pm ET, then we are heading over. Should be awesome. I even took the day off tomorrow, so I am staying up late and playing all day tomorrow.

nikos

VGNY is on my route home. There were two dudes sitting out front at about 6pm.

Damn, I guess people are just waiting for shipments to arrive. I should lurk around Manhattan so that I could get to either store quickly. I'm in Brooklyn.

Just got back from GameStop so here is the shakedown. Ours you can go finalize your pre-order receipt and you are given a group # on your receipt. Once 12 hits they call out the groups one at a time and then go through the regular line filled with both pre-order who did not finalize and non pre-order folk.

GROUP#1 woooooooohooooo. I will be in and out in 2 minutes from 12 an on my way home.

So if your pre-ordered at GameStop call them up and see if they have a similar thing going on. This one expects more then 300 people. Already people lining up.

Shady859

To those worrying about Amazon don't lose faith.. I've had stuff shipped as late as 6-7pm on monday and it arrives via next day UPS on tuesday.

cdkee

Banned
In Amazon I trust

Seriously, they have shipped games at 11:00 at night, and I still got them on release day. As long as you selected release day shipping you're good.

They messed up on Halo 4 for me...got it a day late. I won't accept that with this. Hopefully all will be well.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Geezus Christ, this is like Christmas for me. I'm starting to get sick just waiting for midnight tonight and I'm a grown ass man.

;_;
Hahaha, you're not alone.

That's not sickness... That is just the hype bubbling through your veins and vitals.

5 minutes to unlock my UK brethren!

It took 32 hours to download it once. I ain't doing that again. Just gonna buy it in a store tomorrow

Think I already gave my advice. Hope some are instore tomorrow but best get there early before work imo, just in case.

edit: plus correct me if I'm wrong, as you've already tried to download it, you must have already paid for it and it's non refundable so surely it's worth another go?

Fjordson

Still marvel at those of you who can play a GTA game on a non-Sony console. It just feels wrong. That said, I hope the PS3 version isn't a complete mess. Def double dipping on this one for my PS4.
:lol I've played IV and will play V on 360, but I kinda know what you mean. I still identify it with the PS2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom