• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yawnier

Banned
Damn, the game is sold out on Amazon UK. I'm buying mine retail but ordered one from Amazon UK a few weeks back just in case, says it's dispatched already so I'm glad. Don't know if the stores will even have any left tomorrow.

This is why I am mostly glad that digital is around and has a presence now.

Found these:

dUe35gu.jpg

Hmmm... I feel like those last two pics arent labelled right. So far every comparison shot I've seen has shown the PS3 with more detailed palm trees, though more aliased palm trees on those details.. while the 360 loses a bit of detail. But it's very, very minor

So 360 is sharper huh? Same problems from RDR.

The two versions are visually much closer than RDR was. Any differences are minimal enough to not be a concern, if even noticeable during gameplay.

Hmmm... I feel like those last two pics arent labelled right. So far every comparison shot I've seen has shown the PS3 with more detailed palm trees, though more aliased palm trees on those details.. while the 360 loses a bit of detail. But it's very, very minor

They are labelled right.

Rich!

The reviews may all be 10/10 OMG GOTF, but I'm waiting this one out.

GTA IV had exactly the same hysterical media reaction, and we all know how that turned out. I just don't trust the gaming media one bit. As soon as I get enough positive reaction from people I can trust (like, real people), I'll decide whether to buy it or not.

besides, its sold out everywhere anyhow.

Tapiozona

Banned

Its labeled right. Someone even posted all the native photos the pictures were taken from and it's been discussed ad nauseum.

So I just played around for like an hour...didn't do much at all other than explore a tiny segment of the surrounding area.

Holy shit, that detail. Within a few minutes of looking around, I realised what it is that turns me off a number of open world games - many just lack that very specific feeling of a living/breathing world that is so inherent to the GTA titles.

Fjordson

The reviews may all be 10/10 OMG GOTF, but I'm waiting this one out.

GTA IV had exactly the same hysterical media reaction, and we all know how that turned out.
Man, the number of times I've seen this today...

GAF isn't a hivemind, so no, we don't know how that turned out. IV lived up to all the hype for me.

My ps3 super slim is constantly beeping when playing this game as it is always loading data. It's driving me nuts. Is there a way to turn it off? Lol

Ploid 3.0

So the fanboys lied? Because I kept hearing that for months.

People mentioned that a lot of focus seemed to be on the PS3 version to make sure it's not crap like GTA4. They showed the game off on the PS3 version all the time. The commercials is said to be the PS3 version (probably PC with PS3 buttons). Only recently have the 360 version been seen in previews I think.

HiiiLife

So can we discuss the game here with spoiler tags if the other thread is closed? Because I have a quick question for the people that have been playing the game.

Rich!

Man, the number of times I've seen this today...

GAF isn't a hivemind, so no, we don't know how that turned out. IV lived up to all the hype for me.

Since when did I mention GAF?

The general consensus from the media itself nowadays is that they overrated GTA IV. I personally was hyped to high heaven for it, and felt a huge amount of "is this it?!" whilst playing it.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Joined the queue at 23:00, out at 01:15. Installing now, I know it's gonna be so worth it.

Yerolo

So yeah, the start of this game really does run like crap. Starts out at around 30 fps, but pretty soon it drops to 20 or so. Reeeeally choppy. Seems a bit better now that the intro mission is done though. Let's hope it stays that way.

Watching the free-roam streams over the weekend (I stayed away from the story stuff), the framerate looked super smooth.

Unfortunate to see that it drops during the story missions :(

Krusader

Neo Member
Picked my copy up at 0830 this morning on the way to class. I've been asked by 6 people already as to what the hell I am doing here... Bugger it, I'm leaving at 1100 to go get my GTA fix...

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Played for 40 hours straight very bad game bad graphics and gameplay you should cancel your pre-orders trust me.

So I just played around for like an hour...didn't do much at all other than explore a tiny segment of the surrounding area.

Holy shit, that detail. Within a few minutes of looking around, I realised what it is that turns me off a number of open world games - many just lack that very specific feeling of a living/breathing world that is so inherent to the GTA titles.

Yup, well said.

But I wish Rockstar had the confidence to remove auto aim. With the improved gunplay their is no need for it and it will end up splintering the online community.
Just a minor gripe, but I was told beforehand that auto aim was out.

3 hours till liftoff.

edit. Of course I would post right after that.

DukeBobby

I don't know if I would have made it through this last week without you guys, homies, thanks!

Yep, this week has been tough. I've been reading through the first few pages of the OT and everyone was so excited that the game was only a week away.

Man, that seems so long ago now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom