• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ploid 3.0

To me GTA4 was horrible (loved all GTA3s, and their DLC suffered from it's base game. The first thing I noticed when .. ok (may be a spoiler, referring to character and car control. Not story specific or anything but commenting on control. I will remove at the first sight that some think it's a possible spoiler for someone), when I first watched a stream I noticed how tight controllable the character and car was. The guy was reversing slowly in a car then did a 180 effortlessly. It blew my socks off. GTA current gen with good controls. Wow.

Glassboy

Just got my notification from Amazon this very second - says GTAV just shipped and I'll get it by *tomorrow*.

I click on the "track package" link in the email which brings me to Amazon where it says it'll be delivered on Wednesday.

Motherfuckers :(

iAEKkazYWk6FG.png

izeNxkZXNYAAM.png
Mine was like that as well earlier. It has since updated for delivery tomorrow. good luck!

Dinokill

I'm picking this mofo up at my closest Best Buy in about 3 hours. Too bad I have class tomorrow at 9:30am, at 11:00 am and then I have to meet my senior project group later. :(

Fuck my life hard!

fourstorks

Neo Member
Am I the only one who's planning on going to Walmart a little before midnight?

If this is really going to be that huge I might have to go take a drive and scope out for lines.

What a fucking weird cultural event we have going on here guys.

witness

I had no hype for this game, due to how boring and disappointing GTA IV was, and them I looked at twitch. Holy shit, it looks like so much fun. All the fun and insanity looks to be back, and now I will absolutely get it. Not day 1 though, I am holding out for a black Friday sale. Its funny how all those reviews today did nothing for me, but just watching a few streams for not very long is what sold me. So much more effective.

Just found out I've got tomorrow off, seriously considering going to the midnight launch now, because I'm not sure if I'm going to get a lot of sleep otherwise lol. I'm in the US, and was wondering if anyone could ballpark what the average wait time is for a regular gamestop for a launch of this caliber. By that I mean how long until after 12 will I have copy in hand. Yes, I know this is an absurd thing to try and predict with accounting for location (not a major downtown location or anything like that) and other unknowns, but I guess I'm not sure if I wanna be waiting with the unwashed masses for more than an hour past midnight. Come on psychic Gaf, I need you.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Just got my notification from Amazon this very second - says GTAV just shipped and I'll get it by *tomorrow*.

I click on the "track package" link in the email which brings me to Amazon where it says it'll be delivered on Wednesday.

Motherfuckers :(

iAEKkazYWk6FG.png

izeNxkZXNYAAM.png

Amazon.com does this from time to time. Usually going by the under promise, over deliver theory. If they wrote "release date delivery" when you ordered, and you chose the appropriate shipping speed, you will get it tomorrow.. at some point... when UPS decides to get around to it.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
What version?

PS3.

And after playing a bit more, the people saying this game is a solid 30 fps with just some slight dips are frankly full of crap. It is 30 fps occasionally, but it seems to be closer to 20 fps more than that. At least while driving in the city with a lot of cars around, which is most of what I've done so far. I would honestly say it's as bad as GTA IV much of the time. It does look a lot better, of course, but it doesn't really seem to run better when there's a lot going on. That said, it does reach around 30 fps when there's less going on, which certainly couldn't be said about IV!

Ploid 3.0

So stupid question I'm sure but is there any chance that preload goes back up before tomorrow? Fucking Rockstar

US? It's out in Europe right? The US has no preload. Wires got crossed, rockstar thought it would have it. Sony Rockstar continue to mess things up.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I had no hype for this game, due to how boring and disappointing GTA IV was, and them I looked at twitch. Holy shit, it looks like so much fun. All the fun and insanity looks to be back, and now I will absolutely get it. Not day 1 though, I am holding out for a black Friday sale. Its funny how all those reviews today did nothing for me, but just watching a few streams for not very long is what sold me. So much more effective.

Attention Wall, you will cave

leng jai

Walked in and bought the 360 version from EB. $79 after price matching with Target. Hard to go with the PS3 version given how poor RDR and GTA4 were.

My 360 is also loud as fuck while installing.

Loudninja

PS3.

And after playing a bit more, the people saying this game is a solid 30 fps with just some slight dips are frankly full of crap. It is 30 fps occasionally, but it seems to be closer to 20 fps more than that. At least while driving in the city with a lot of cars around, which is most of what I've done so far. I would honestly say it's as bad as GTA IV much of the time. It does look a lot better, of course, but it doesn't really seem to run better when there's a lot going on. It will probably run better when not in the thick of it though.
Sure everyone is lying but you of course.

fourstorks

Neo Member
Just found out I've got tomorrow off, seriously considering going to the midnight launch now, because I'm not sure if I'm going to get a lot of sleep otherwise lol. I'm in the US, and was wondering if anyone could ballpark what the average wait time is for a regular gamestop for a launch of this caliber. By that I mean how long until after 12 will I have copy in hand. Yes, I know this is an absurd thing to try and predict with accounting for location (not a major downtown location or anything like that) and other unknowns, but I guess I'm not sure if I wanna be waiting with the unwashed masses for more than an hour past midnight. Come on psychic Gaf, I need you.

Honestly man if you have any 24 hour Walmart locations near you that might be a better choice. GameStop gets off on "Yo, dawg should've preordered"-artificial scarcity, whereas Walmart buys a shitload of product.

I'd be willing to bet Walmart has way less people.

Surfheart

PS3.

And after playing a bit more, the people saying this game is a solid 30 fps with just some slight dips are frankly full of crap. It is 30 fps occasionally, but it seems to be closer to 20 fps more than that. At least while driving in the city with a lot of cars around, which is most of what I've done so far. I would honestly say it's as bad as GTA IV much of the time. It does look a lot better, of course, but it doesn't really seem to run better when there's a lot going on. That said, it does reach around 30 fps when there's less going on, which certainly couldn't be said about IV!

Thanks, Anyone seeing this sort of performance on the 360 version?

nikos

Damn the input lag is bad on the ps3. I'm guessing it's triple buffered.

PS3.

Trying to resist not switching to the 360 version. I really want to play it on PS3. Wonder if the 360 version is the same way.

Fedelias

Do you guys think if I go to an obscure retailer like Fry's tomorrow afternoon (it's the 16th today where I live) I'll be able to find a copy?

FiraB

Banned
Picked up this morning, t-minus 2 hours till I get home.
Sitting on the desk just glaring at me, it's just begging me to find a excuse to leave early.
Should have picked it up after tech...

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
PS3.

I kind of thought this might be the case. GTA IV was set in a city, .. lots of buildings, lots of cars, non-stop. I figured drawing that many buildings, animated signs, cars, AI, ...etc... the game chugged a bit on a constant basis. That made sense to me.

I'm thinking, open areas with less skyscrapers should play nicely. The colors, and graphics look to have been much improved.

BFIB

I'd just call the GS to see if anyone is there already. My store said it had 300 preorders, so I'm guessing over 100 at midnight for pickup.

cheesetom

PS3.

Why must you make me sad? :(

Madness

Lol, was paying my preorder off for the special edition right now for midnight pickup and some guy there was getting abusive and was like no, I pre ordered the special edition but it only said regular edition. The girl working got the manager who's like sir, we sold out of the collectors and special edition in late July, you preordered 2-3 weeks ago when we had none even left, stop lying lol. Guy was so redfaced after that.

I just know midnight launch will be ridiculous. There was like 50 people right now just waiting to pay off preorders for tonight, who knows how many paid earlier or will come at night.

Strider

Anyone else having trouble signing into the iFruit app?

Yes. I tried earlier and I kept getting an error. Hopefully they'll clear up the issues soon.

I'm currently watching a PS3 free roam stream. This game looks even better than I thought it would. Wish I didn't have to work tomorrow :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom