• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironcreed

Banned
I can deal with some pop-in, I just don't want to run into to the corrupted install like some have had. God, I will go through the roof if I get hit with that.

nikos

Queued up at Best Buy Union Square. Line goes up the stairs and who knows where. Ugh. PS4 launch will be madness.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
grandtheftautov_65nf4y.png

The game is a beauty but I don't like the driving camera, it's locked on and it's terrible when using the handbrake or riding bikes. Hopefully Rockstar patch in IV's settings.

touched up a bit?

potam

Banned
God damnit. People who didn't preorder have to stand in a segregated line like outcasts. Now the question is do I sit around waiting :(

So I justed wanted to rebuild the database on my PS3 because people said it would help avoiding the installation error (together with not downloading in the background).
For 15 minutes it was stuck on "Please wait" so I rebooted it. After that I had to restore the file system which worked fine.

Does anyone know why rebuilding the database doesn't seem to work? Any chance to fix it?

Jhoan

Just left my friend who's gonna go to his GS on his area to pick up his Collector's Edition. Meanwhile all you folks are waiting in line, I'm waiting for the crosstown bus to go home from my college; it's taking ages and it's kind of chilly outside.

Newegg charged my card and sent the game out. I didn't know Newegg was in Edison, New Jersey. Since it's in Jersey, I'll probably have it by Wednesday or Thursday but I won't have a lot of time to play it this week since I'll be busy this week/weekend (plus homework).

I wonder how the NYC launch at Union Square is going for any NYC GAF members that are there.

inky

There's a DJ at Gamestop, why...

Usually pubs and Gamestop make deals to hype up release "events". That's why publishers and console makers secretly hate Gamestop as well, because they feel they are playing ball and behind their backs they are also pushing pre-owned hard.

36 GB WTF?! My 80GB phat is crying right now. Time to uninstall Heavenly Sword I guess.

ViciousDS

Banned
Usually pubs and Gamestop make deals to hype up release "events". That's why publishers and console makers secretly hate Gamestop as well, because they feel they are playing ball and behind their backs they are also pushing pre-owned hard.

36 GB WTF?! My 80GB phat is crying right now. Time to uninstall Heavenly Sword I guess.

its not that big.....yet XD more like 20GB

Is this possibly a country wide thing? because I think I got mines preordered early so hopefully that means we do grouping at my gamestop then

You had to finalize your order by getting your pre order stamped and marked with your group. So no you have to wait in line unfortunately

It was 6-10. Did mine at 6:15 so I'm #1 group

Aspiring

This is honestly such an amazing game. Been playing for around 6 hours and its miles above GTA 4 which I hated. Franklin is really starting to grow on me and I must say the graphics really impress me. Back to playing!

ValleyJoe

Neo Member
Fuck, this is just like GTA IV

1. only mildly interested at first
2. hopped on the gaf hypetrain
3. bought PS3 version first thing on launch day. early accounts were even saying PS3 version was better.
4. framerate was god awful
5, retuned it and bought 360 version
7. framerate only slightly less god awful
8. put that soul crushing bitch on the shelf for a couple years
9. bought it on Steam
10. still chugged
11. insert gtx 580 and ENB
12. Game of the Gen!

Now, preordered on PSN. Just hoping I can cancel.

Fuck, I'll never learn.

Maybe I could score one at Walmart tonight
It's really nowhere near that bad. GTA4 on consoles not only ran like shit, but it looked like shit. Aliasing all over and that horrible smeared vaseline brown filter look. I barely played it because I thought it looked like crap (and I hated numerous aspects of the gameplay/characters). This game is so much better on the 360 that it's really not comparable. It looks cleaner. Graphics are honestly gorgeous in some areas. Aliasing is way less noticeable than it was in 4. Framerate is much better. It gives me the exact opposite feeling of 4. I'm very impressed rather than disappointed as I was with 4 on the consoles.

nikos

Purposely avoided going their. Union Square is a mess during special events.
Doesn't seem bad so far. Waiting indoors is a plus. It'll be especially nice in November. Also, since it's open 24 hours, you could come after the masses have already checked out.

This is honestly such an amazing game. Been playing for around 6 hours and its miles above GTA 4 which I hated. Franklin is really starting to grow on me and I must say the graphics really impress me. Back to playing!

which console?

also, anyone else having issues with the app and the ORDER for your car not working?

Scrabble

Can anyone confirm that the game does indeed look as good as those two gameplay trailers? I know many were saying at the time they couldn't believe that could be on a ps3/360. Does anybody currently playing it get that same sense?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'll be walking into the one that I pre-ordered from at about noon tomorrow to pick up my copy, directly after work.
Nice. I was tempted to go that route, but I'm working till 10:30 tonight, so I might as well just stay up and pick up at midnight. I'm in Group 1 at Gamestop, so it shouldn't take me long. I'll probably crash at 3am or so, wake up, and play for a few more hours.

Unicorn

So, after watching the RevGames review and the IGN video review my hype has reached critical mass. Hearing the glorious ravings of those two reviewers when discussing only the singleplayer was enough to shelve any doubt I may have had about performance and IQ, but it was the closing comment in the IGN video that reminded me that this isn't even factoring in the multiplayer yet. All of these amazing things that make it a monument for this generation will only be further deepened and expanded upon when MP hits. I literally started tearing up.

If the heist, which are getting immense praise, are even remotely represented well in the MP, the community aspect of online play will truly set this game apart. If Rockstar is able to grab that core element in what makes MMOs appealing - the teamwork and accomplishments- then, my God, I can't even coherently assess what repercussions that would entail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom