• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
I didn't preorder it, will I be able to pick up a copy at GS around 9 pm tomorrow?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So, anyone know where I can get a parachute yet?
There was a certain plane I was trying to steal but got completely destroyed trying to get to it, the aim being to fly a bad plane and parachute down next to it and be on my way.

Also, anyone know if you can steal a moving train? I managed to jump on the back of one while it was on its way but couldn't seem to get in the actual thing to drive it, I even shot the driver to see if that stopped the train but it just kept on rolling.

Rich!

Was just in Tesco and I actually did consider buying the PS3 version...

...it wasn't priced though. I didn't want to get to the counter and be stung with a ridiculous price.

It's cool I can wait.

Joeki11a

Banned
It's really nowhere near that bad. GTA4 on consoles not only ran like shit, but it looked like shit. Aliasing all over and that horrible smeared vaseline brown filter look. I barely played it because I thought it looked like crap (and I hated numerous aspects of the gameplay/characters). This game is so much better on the 360 that it's really not comparable. It looks cleaner. Graphics are honestly gorgeous in some areas. Aliasing is way less noticeable than it was in 4. Framerate is much better. It gives me the exact opposite feeling of 4. I'm very impressed rather than disappointed as I was with 4 on the consoles.

GTA GTony ran and looked way more
Optimized on Ps3

oneils

Can anyone confirm that the game does indeed look as good as those two gameplay trailers? I know many were saying at the time they couldn't believe that could be on a ps3/360. Does anybody currently playing it get that same sense?

you can go on twitch.tv and have a look right now. My impression is that it won't look quite as good as the trailers. Still looks pretty decent.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
The game is great. The ocean looks spectacular and the night time zones are easily the best out there - I'm waiting for it to rain just so I can see how it compares to Sleeping Dogs.

It just feels like there is so much to do.

inky

How in the hell was RDR "disrespectful to players"?

What does that even mean?

Ludo-narrative buzzword, dissonance, buzzword buzzword, trope.

I do believe Jon Blow is a smart guy tho, so I don't see how he cares that much about what reviews say.

Gangxxter

The I fruit app is iOS only this better be cross platform. I have an iPhone but a nexus 7 tablet

Newswire said:
The iFruit Mobile Application
Now available for iOS devices at the App Store.
Coming soon for Android devices via Google Play as well as for Windows Phone, PlayStation Mobile and Vita.

Grand Theft Auto V: The Manual
Now available for iOS devices at the App Store and as a desktop application on PC.
Coming soon for Android devices via Google Play and Windows Phone, as well as for Mac as a desktop application.
Source

doby

Was just in Tesco and I actually did consider buying the PS3 version...

...it wasn't priced though. I didn't want to get to the counter and be stung with a ridiculous price.

It's cool I can wait.

It is ok to decide to not buy something once scanned. Anyway you wouldn't have been stung, its £38, cheapest price around. You fool!

THEF3AR

So, after watching the RevGames review and the IGN video review my hype has reached critical mass. Hearing the glorious ravings of those two reviewers when discussing only the singleplayer was enough to shelve any doubt I may have had about performance and IQ, but it was the closing comment in the IGN video that reminded me that this isn't even factoring in the multiplayer yet. All of these amazing things that make it a monument for this generation will only be further deepened and expanded upon when MP hits. I literally started tearing up.

If the heist, which are getting immense praise, are even remotely represented well in the MP, the community aspect of online play will truly set this game apart. If Rockstar is able to grab that core element in what makes MMOs appealing - the teamwork and accomplishments- then, my God, I can't even coherently assess what repercussions that would entail.

Here, here!

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Good amount of women on this line.

With their boyfriends. :eek:

ROFL!

On one hand, man, that sucks!!

On the other hand, it's cold out there(at least in the east), nice dedicated girlfiends/wives. Taking their boyfriends out to buy something which will compete with them for their S/O's attention.

Jaykay

Just got to my GameStop about 10 minutes ago and I'm about 30th in line. People are starting to flood in now, so I guess I picked a good time to show up.

Cheddahz

Banned
Time to get blocked by Mr. Blow!
gjOuOz5.png

nikos

There's also this guy there posting on a video game message board on his phone about the women in line there. that guy's pretty strange.

People were commenting on pics of other lines that there were no women. That's why I posted that.

RDR had exceptionally good auditory feedback for all the weapons. This is just pathetic in comparison and it's baffling.

I don't know what it is with GTA and gun sounds. They've always been absolutely terrible. And as you said, RDR had a lot of punch, bass on the bigger weapons, and good echos so it's sad that they've regressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom