• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFIB

Urgh.

It's 11pm, been up since 7 am and my old ass is tired.

It's not like it was 10 years ago, that's for sure. I need something to keep me awake.
Starbucks Mocha DoubleShot is what you need!

Just got to my GS, about 50 people here. Doing the group number thung, hopefully not a long wait at midnight.

original.jpg

on way to Gamestop in 45 minutes...

'Murica.

All I have to do is go to sleep, get through one more shift at work, and then I am free to play the game all I want for the next 2 1/2 days.

Wow. I essentially have the same schedule. Sleep tonight, finish work tomorrow. Wednesay, Thursday off, half day on Friday. It's gonnbe great.

Gorillaz

Grouped by when you finalized your order, therefore first ten or so are group one, and so on. At midnight, they'll call in the groups first, starting with one, and so on.

If you're in a group, you just get there at midnight, with your receipt in hand. They call in your group, your group goes in, you show them your receipt, they give you goodies, and you leave so the next group can go. Once all groups are done, the stragglers go, a few at a time.

Is this possibly a country wide thing? because I think I got mines preordered early so hopefully that means we do grouping at my gamestop then

At first I was going to say JC Pennys sells games?!

Then I realized it's probably the line outside the mall that contains Gamestop/Best Buy.

Yup.lol..and its growing. Some guy just hit the stop sign in classic GTA fashion.he's lucky he's ass didn't get caught by the cops that just left minutes earlier.

wtf happened to this thread? The game is a technical marvel there's no single doubt about it, gosh I must agree with some people that just ignore neogaf sometimes, it gets ridiculous.

I really do not understand these types of comments. People are trying to maximize their experience, they want to make sure they get the superior version. What is so wrong with that? Perhaps I'm in the minority but, I have both consoles and I would like to get the better version (frame-rate/texture/input lag). People are simply trying to advise fellow GAF members on their experience.

No one wants to get a PSN version to find out a physical copy is better, same for 360 v PS3.

Fuck, this is just like GTA IV

1. only mildly interested at first
2. hopped on the gaf hypetrain
3. bought PS3 version first thing on launch day. early accounts were even saying PS3 version was better.
4. framerate was god awful
5, retuned it and bought 360 version
7. framerate only slightly less god awful
8. put that soul crushing bitch on the shelf for a couple years
9. bought it on Steam
10. still chugged
11. insert gtx 580 and ENB
12. Game of the Gen!

Now, preordered on PSN. Just hoping I can cancel.

Fuck, I'll never learn.

Maybe I could score one at Walmart tonight

Well i'm setting off in 10 minutes. First time my mall has ever had a midnight opening because it's inside. So i'll be warm plus those halogen lights are gonna wake me the hell up. It's not gonna be too bad I guess.

West Coast reporting in. I just finished going to GameStop and apperantly they started grouping people at 6pm. I'd highly recommend to anybody who wants to play tonight to leave to GameStop IMMEDIATELY. I'm already in group 8. I don't even...

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Dammit Gaf. You won. I'm gonna go to sleep right now so I can pick one up the moment I wake up. And I'm going to Best Buy. Last time I went to Gamestop for TLoU, they only had 3 non-pre-order copies.

potam

Banned
Just got to GameStop. The line looks like ~60-75 people. Slightly under an hour to go and I'm not even sure I want to sit here waiting.

Plus it'd be awesome to wait and then have them run out of copies, though I doubt that's likely.

I can't believe how many people are going in to GameStop?! Why? I will laugh at them as I walk out the door at midnight. Some people never learn...

Performance is always a valid concern, it just personally doesn't get to me unless it's really horrid.

Nothing wrong with having standards. Mine seem to be a bit more flexible as I get older and slower :p

Amagon

Gonna leave in a minute, grab some Hot Chocolate and shoot the shit with some of the locals at GS. Haven't done this in years.

antitrop

Dammit Gaf. You won. I'm gonna go to sleep right now so I can pick one up the moment I wake up. And I'm going to Best Buy. Last time I went to Gamestop for TLoU, they only had 3 non-pre-order copies.
The Last of Us was massively undershipped, it was hard to find copies in store on launch day.

I don't see the same thing happening for GTA V. I'm sure it will be everywhere.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Wait, why are you guys saying that it'll be up for download in an hour on the US PSN?
This is what I'm seeing

wfrQKWQ.jpg

I've been posting that for days. No one really seems to care, quoting the tweets, and confirmation on PS Blog stating EST, not PST.

So.. I'm staying up til' after midnight to find out. Personally, I am not sure what to believe anymore. My brain tells me to read what it says on the screen where I'll be downloading it. My heart wants to believe the tweets and PS blog.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Tomorrow's gonna be a long day at work. My ps3 copy will be waiting at my door when I get home. ITS ALMOST TIME...

Good thing I'm gonna be out in like 3 hours, and hopefully i will put my game to download in one hour.... I just hoping that Sony didn't fuck us once again and really let us download on 12:01 PST... That would be awful.

Spazznid

Is this possibly a country wide thing? because I think I got mines preordered early so hopefully that means we do grouping at my gamestop then

dunno, usually at mine, they do the finalizing at 10PM, but today they started at 3PM.

Finalizing means you go in and get the sticker so you can be in and out faster, this is different from preordering. You might wanna go early. Or call them.

grandtheftautov_65nf4y.png

The game is a beauty but I don't like the driving camera, it's locked on and it's terrible when using the handbrake or riding bikes. Hopefully Rockstar patch in IV's settings.

GrayGrey

Neo Member
West Coast reporting in. I just finished going to GameStop and apperantly they started grouping people at 6pm. I'd highly recommend to anybody who wants to play tonight to leave to GameStop IMMEDIATELY. I'm already in group 8. I don't even...

6pm? Jesus.

Also for those on line, whats the demographic look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom