• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

aristotle

I'm still contemplating getting it at GS for midnight. I won't be able to play much after I get back home and meh. The dudebros here in redneckville usually irritate me to no end.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
It's actually out in most countries.

original.jpg

Jrmint

I was just watching a Twitch stream where the guy took a jet and the entire twitch chat started saying 9/11. Pretty despicable. Twitch chat is turning into YouTube comments.

nikos

VGNY line is wrapped around the block. Not even sure if they have it yet and/or if it's just preorders. Might as well go to Best Buy, where I preordered, since they're open all night and get dat $10 rewards certificate.

Anyone else going to Best Buy Union Square?

vilmer_

I was just watching a Twitch stream where the guy took a jet and the entire twitch chat started saying 9/11. Pretty despicable. Twitch chat is turning into YouTube comments.

Twitch chat/comments are absolutely horrendous. It's filled with a bunch of 15 year olds.

Madness

People are saying it's better and smoother and plays better than Red Dead and GTA IV, so what more do people want? It's hardware from 05 essentially.

I expect a relatively stable 30fps. That's not really too much to ask. If a game is causing a system to explode, then either tone down the vision for the game to get it to not run like ass or make sure you release a PC version day and date so those who can't stomach such a framerate don't have to suffer :p

In any event, it is what it is. I was waiting for the impressions before biting down on the console versions or waiting, so that's why I commented. It's just a little surprising anyone feels such a comment isn't warranted. If a game is consistently below 30, it's worthy of criticism. I don't care what your pedigree is, really.
Sure man, but do you really think that R* didn't actively work to make the framerate as stable as possible? They have some of the most knowledgable and talented programmers in the entire industry. If the best and brightest in their field come together and can't create a consistent 30 fps scenario in a project like this, surely it is reasonable to deduce that it is because achieving said consistency would have required compromises in other areas of the game... compromises they clearly weren't willing to make.

It just seems like the reality of the hardware limitations, not any knock against the competency of the team developing it. Worthy of criticism - sure. But also something that has to be accepted as merely a fault of the times, as opposed to it being any one person or team's mediocrity.

And do you REALLY consider 25 fps unplayable? Noticeable and negatively impacting the versatility and precision of the game mechanics, yes, but not something that literally breaks the game in anything grander than a marginal sense.

Ahasverus

wtf happened to this thread? The game is a technical marvel there's no single doubt about it, gosh I must agree with some people that just ignore neogaf sometimes, it gets ridiculous.

Gorillaz

I remember seeing one where a kid asked literally over and over again to show weed smoking and giving the finger.

Twtich is always full of 5 year olds

Derrick01

Banned
People are saying it's better and smoother and plays better than Red Dead and GTA IV, so what more do people want? It's hardware from 05 essentially.

Yeah I played red dead on both consoles and the performance on PS3 especially was horrid. If it runs and looks better than that on PS3, which it seems to, then I'll be relatively satisfied.

That game had nothing but a damn empty desert and a couple houses that counted as towns and it still ran like dick. Rockstar's come a long way on the system that doesn't handle open world games very well.

Spazznid

I've gone to midnight launches for almost every big game from 2006 to now. No problems whatsoever. Always tons of store staff and just fellow gamers. Do you live in a bad area?

A lot of people here and everywhere don't quite know enough about midnight launches to justify going to one. Some people live in dangerous areas, but also, a lot of the people I talk to don't understand how things take place, and what is involved.

I always go to Midnight Launches to my favorite games, as well.

I usually dislike the GTA Launch crowds, but the area I live in is nicer than the one I lived in for IV's release.

Courage

If you get the retail 360 version and don't install the second disc you should be able to maintain 30fps. It hasn't dropped at all for me so far.

antitrop

All I have to do is go to sleep, get through one more shift at work, and then I am free to play the game all I want for the next 2 1/2 days.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
It says that for everyone who purchased the NA version. Sony's twitter says 12 AM EST.

Will find out in 1 hour, and 2 mins or so.. although, ... If downloading MLB: The Show is any indication of being on time with download availability, should be about 20 or so minutes after that.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
This game is too ambitious for current gen consoles and people that bought 360 and PS3 versions are suckers.

Hahahah. That's brilliant.

My inner master race PC gamer agrees with you; while my dirty sub-human console gaming side is enjoying the fuck out of the game.

Haven't gotten to all 3 characters being introduced yet. After that first Chop mission I'd just spent a bunch of time exploring and messing around really.

Ah, the really good stuff is yet to come.

CF22

Shit!!! If you guys have an ipad or iPhone download the game guide. It has an interactive map which is pretty cool, tabs and everything, gonna be great when playing.

ViciousDS

Banned
It's getting real. There has to be 100 people here

lol there were 300 people at black ops 2 midnight.......and my buddy who manages the gamestop near me says the line is massive and is going to break the original black ops midnight which went all the way around the strip mall and back.....400-500 people at that midnight it was insane!

Spazznid

So what do you guys mean when Gamespot is doing it in "groups"?

Grouped by when you finalized your order, therefore first ten or so are group one, and so on. At midnight, they'll call in the groups first, starting with one, and so on.

If you're in a group, you just get there at midnight, with your receipt in hand. They call in your group, your group goes in, you show them your receipt, they give you goodies, and you leave so the next group can go. Once all groups are done, the stragglers go, a few at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom