• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Hmm, there's a weird bug I've been encountering. At least I think it's a bug, because it would be strange if it was intentional.

Whenever I'm driving with someone else in the car, and that person is talking, if I crash into something the person will repeat the line he/she was last saying. Maybe it's intentional, but it sounds really weird. It's like the sound clip gets rewinded a bit.

Also, the game seems to refuse to remember that I prefer using the hood cam when driving; every now and then it will put me in a 3rd person view when getting in a new car.

Prologue

Yea NYC GAF reporting in. Went to Union Square to just see how insane it was. Line is fucking crazy. I took a couple of shots of the Banshee. I also got a few beers courtesy of Rockstar/Take2. Had to head out to pick up my copy in a different GameStop. Pretty decent night so far.

Surprised how theres no footage of it on youtube, yet alone the news outlets.

I must be pretty sick. Just spent 20 seconds staring into this container admiring the fluorescent color of the orange carrot juice I just bought. Next up, the cats will start singing to me.

Unicorn

Hmm, there's a weird bug I've been encountering. At least I think it's a bug, because it would be strange if it was intentional.

Whenever I'm driving with someone else in the car, and that person is talking, if I crash into something the person will repeat the line he/she was last saying. Maybe it's intentional, but it sounds really weird. It's like the sound clip gets rewinded a bit.

Also, the game seems to refuse to remember that I prefer using the hood cam when driving; every now and then it will put me in a 3rd person view when getting in a new car.

previously they would interrupt themselves to make a snide comment (GTA4 and RDR) It sucked when they were doing some exposition about something and you bump a lamp post and lose out on that information. So, this, to me, sounds like their way of resolving that.

kazebyaka

Banned

it's intentional voice repeating, and it's awesome.

Pffff haha. Sorry, but Johnny "smart-ass" can second name himself. So bitter and salty because he will never have a phenomenon like that. Yeah, IV wasn't great, but it was still a good game and our first "modern" next gen experience. V is the most polished open world game ever made, and that's only the beginning.

I swear to satan that I'm not a GTA fanboy at all, but this one is the most fun I've had with a videogame since Resident Evil 4 on Gamecube.

nikos

Yea NYC GAF reporting in. Went to Union Square to just see how insane it was. Line is fucking crazy. I took a couple of shots of the Banshee. I also got a few free beers courtesy of Rockstar/Take2. Had to head out to pick up my copy in a different GameStop. Pretty decent night so far.
They're handing out beer at GameStop?

Zukuu

Banned
So how will the DD pre order thing work?

I've bought the game a little while back for 59 and the "download" was the pre-order theme.

What am I supposed to do once it unlocks? Just hit the download again and it's now a game? Separate download?

Referring to the desperation in those tweets, not the fact that you posted them.

Honestly, while I think he's overreacting, I do believe Blow asks good questions regarding acclaimed games. He does that with many games, not just GTA V.

Of course, GTA V looks to be fantastic, so I'll reserve judgement until playing it. Although I feel that saying that RDR was "disrespectful to players" seems too hyperbolic for my tastes.

sephi22

What's the go to GAF PS3 crew?

EDIT: I was kicked out from Gaming Age Family for some reason. Maybe coz I didn't introduce myself. WhatRobEats pls BibleThump

So how will the DD pre order thing work?

I've bought the game a little while back for 59 and the "download" was the pre-order theme.

What am I supposed to do once it unlocks? Just hit the download again and it's now a game? Separate download?

If it's the same as in Europe, it appears in your download list.

potam

Banned
Honestly, while I think he's overreacting, I do believe Blow asks good questions regarding acclaimed games. He does that with many games, not just GTA V.

Of course, GTA V looks to be fantastic, so I'll reserve judgement until playing it. Although I feel that saying that RDR was "disrespectful to players" seems too hyperbolic for my tastes.

What question was he asking? He was attempting to make himself appear better than the unwashed masses since he's not falling for the "hype" of a mass-market game.

i have to wait until next week, consider yourself lucky :p
You have my sword. If you start to go insane, call me.

I know it's not much but you could try to ease your pain with playing with Chop.
funny thing, that

i'm an android user ahahaha OTL

What's the go to GAF PS3 crew?
Right here! WhatRobEats has done a great job keeping tabs on it, make sure you add yourself to the google docs before joining the group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom