• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

cresto

Question: I bought GTAV from the Microsoft store and sadly it isn't sad day delivery. Can I still pull the switcher-roo by purchasing it from Walmart and return the copy being sent to me? Has there been any blocking of this?

ButchCat

Pffff haha. Sorry, but Johnny "smart-ass" can second name himself. So bitter and salty because he will never have a phenomenon like that. Yeah, IV wasn't great, but it was still a good game and our first "modern" next gen experience. V is the most polished open world game ever made, and that's only the beginning.

I swear to satan that I'm not a GTA fanboy at all, but this one is the most fun I've had with a videogame since Resident Evil 4 on Gamecube.
You're comeback is as good as the guy/girl who tweeted that at least GTAV is better than Braid.

torontoml

I was all ready and really wanted to go get this at midnight earlier tonight, but my buddy showed up at 9 looking to go have a few beer. Now I got to go at 10 tomorrow morning. I like to be social but if it could have been any other night that would have been fantastic.

GTAV-Wagszilla-OutNow.jpg

Stay strong, #BestCoast.

6pm? Jesus.

Also for those on line, whats the demographic look like?

Yeah, all the people in front of me at the cashier line were trading in games. I thought they were all barely preordering and I was the only one in line without any games to trade in. Thought for sure I was gonna get laughed at and told to wait in line, since they technically don't close til 9pm. I go up to the girl at the register and ask if they were grouping and the worker goes "oh yeah, we've been grouping since 6"

"aw fuck"

She laughed and reassured me it wouldn't be a horrendous wait or anything, but being in group 8 seems kinda high. I've only been to one other midnight launch, and I was in group 1. The groups were pretty small, but I'm guessing that has to do with the low turnout. I have no idea how late I'm getting my game. I preordered there only for the pulse elite headset, which is exclusive to gamestop. If I could've gone to walmart for that snazzy keychain...

But to answer your question, it was mostly just young teens at mine. The people camping out were like in their late 20s/early30s. Mostly male. The usual suspects lol. None of them were obnoxious though, but maybe that's just here.
I preordered at the good part of town.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Hmmm... I was gonna go to the midnight launch. but between the idea of crowds plus being able to sleep, I think I'm gonna choose sleep.

My Cystic Fibrosis decided to flare up over the last couple days, damn it all to hell though, I want my copy of GTA V. Gonna chill in my car and watch the line die down so I'm not moving around a lot and burning energy. I've been sleeping all day so now I'm wide awake.

Happy GTA V Day everyone!

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Question: I bought GTAV from the Microsoft store and sadly it isn't sad day delivery. Can I still pull the switcher-roo by purchasing it from Walmart and return the copy being sent to me? Has there been any blocking of this?

Blocking basic consumer rights ?

Honestly, while I think he's overreacting, I do believe Blow asks good questions regarding acclaimed games. He does that with many games, not just GTA V.

Of course, GTA V looks to be fantastic, so I'll reserve judgement until playing it. Although I feel that saying that RDR was "disrespectful to players" seems too hyperbolic for my tastes.

I really don't think he asks good questions about popular games at all. He's a pseudo-intellectual blowhard, and his critiquing of popular games is him just associating the people that play them as mindless sheep and "Explosions, how droll...yawn". It gets so tiring to hear over and over. I liked Braid, and The Witness looks pretty cool, but he should just keep his mouth shut if these are the types of comments he's going to make.

On topic, it's 9:00 PM and I still can't DL the game =(. So jelly of the people already playing.

My Cystic Fibrosis decided to flare up over the last couple days, damn it all to hell though, I want my copy of GTA V. Gonna chill in my car and watch the line die down so I'm not moving around a lot and burning energy. I've been sleeping all day so now I'm wide awake.
Hopefully you're alright and get your copy soon. I've got CF as well, although it affects my GI tract instead of my lungs. Get GTA and have fun with it, relaxing! :)

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Hmm, stole a cherry picker, doesn't look like I can use the hydraulic lift on it, can't seem to get into any of the trains I have come across either. I'm a little sad, I can ignore not using the cherry picker as awesome as it would be to get up places and such like, but not being able to get into a train, at least at this point and maybe it unlocks later, is a right bummer.

I really wanted to drive a train, lol.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I really should have done a midnight launch, instead I'm sitting here playing Madden like a chump. In my defense I have to be up in about 8 hours and I have to do about 10 interviews tomorrow to fill a position at work. I'll take solace in the fact that I'll be working from home and when my copy arrives I can let it install then once the day is over I'll have the rest of the week off to enjoy.

Have fun tonight everyone!

What question was he asking? He was attempting to make himself appear better than the unwashed masses since he's not falling for the "hype" of a mass-market game.

Well, the problem he has with Rockstar games would be the notion that the actions of the character throughout don't really gell well with the game's characterization. I know he had problems with GTA IV and Red Dead. As he said on Twitter, the fact that he killed 800 guys in Red Dead Redemption doesn't sit well with the fact that they are also trying to weave maturity and explore themes and bring realistic characterization to the characters, as well as try to pertain emotional depth.

As GTA V is such a big game in the same vein as Red Dead and previous games in the GTA series, I have the feeling he's skeptical, especially since the game is getting praise for its story line, characters, and writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom