• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

potam

Banned
Well, the problem he has with Rockstar games would be the notion that the actions of the character throughout don't really gell well with the game's characterization. I know he had problems with GTA IV and Red Dead. As he said on Twitter, the fact that he killed 800 guys in Red Dead Redemption doesn't sit well with the fact that they are also trying to weave maturity and explore themes and bring realistic characterization to the characters, as well as try to pertain emotional depth.

As GTA V is such a big game in the same vein as Red Dead and previous games in the GTA series, I have the feeling he's skeptical, especially since the game is getting praise for its story line, characters, and writing.

Eh, I never played RDR, so I can't say whether or not he's justified with that. But everyone knows what GTA is, and acting surprised or disappointed by the violence and killing is like going to see a Michael Bay movie and being surprised by the lack of a nuanced plot.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Not only is the download button gone, the purchased icon is gone, and the prices is gone from the image for the game too!

My internet is ready....

jco8WtI.png

Its 9:00. Three hours from release. I plan to go at 11 but I'm worried about the lineup. There's already 15 or so people lined up outside EB (I just drove past there).

buhbuh

Neo Member
i thought it was me when I logged into PSN and cant see the download button. just want to start the download and go to bed.

tomshreds

Neo Member
It's now midnight and I pre ordered the game on PSN. Is there anything I have to do in order for the download to happen? I checked the game page on the store but the download button is missing. I hope it's not Sony fucking this up again..

Any tips? Thanks!

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
This happens with MLB: The Show as well. Takes about 25 minutes or so before the game download option shows up..... IF... it's going to show up.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Sounds like SCEA dropped the ball. I was going to go digital initially. Glad I didn't. Sony get your shit together.

This is fucking dumb. First I was suckered into getting it on PSN for preload, then we get no preload. So whatever, I'll download it and go to bed and play after work tomorrow, now I can't do that till after 3am.

The worst part is both of those issues are not clearly stated or when they are there is random shit being said on their twitter that completely contradicts them.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
i'm tempted to get the digital version, but i'm hearing rumors that it has the same problems of installing the "Play" disc of the 360 version. Can anyone confirm that?

smr00

Banned
Don't forget this people:
wfrQKWQ.jpg
They corrected it numerous times on the internet that it's 12 EST.

That was a mistake in the store.

At least not US PSN. Europe with pre-load is perfectly fine imo. All that shit did for me was saving me 8€ - NOT WORTH IT. If only I knew before ._.
Europe always gets treated better when it comes to sony shit. You get better PS+ shit and you get to pre-load? They don't care about us fat 'muricans.

Madness

So there is a secret message with the collectors edition. Has anyone seen it? I could post it but don't want to risk a ban. Doesn't really say anything story wise and I don't know what it totally means in game.

The purchase information disappeared right at midnight eastern so they're obviously working on things, we were promised 12 eastern as the correction so it'll be here in a few minutes hopefully.

Greecian-

They corrected it numerous times on the internet that it's 12 EST.

That was a mistake in the store.

Europe always gets treated better when it comes to sony shit. You get better PS+ shit and you get to pre-load? They don't care about us fat 'muricans.

I thought he was talking about the 36 GB of free space.

nib95

Banned
Can't stop, won't stop, bad boys for life.

No regrets.

Just saying dude, if your download is slow as ass, perhaps even crashes a few times etc, don't be too surprised. Sony is not going to invest countless extra millions to ensure once in a blue moon insane traffic periods such as the download of GTA V run as efficiently or fast as any other time. I mean, they will have obviously taken some action to improve things, much like EviLore does on here during E3, it's still never enough though lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom