• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just played 7 hours straight yesterday with my family including my 2 1/2 year old watching for most of the time. Just an amazing game that is the simple fact of it. Had so much fun and never killed a single person due to everyone watching.

At one point my brothers girlfriend who was here even said " isn't this the ultra violent game where you gain points for killing people? I haven't seen one violent thing!! This looks really fun! ". Was amazing. My answer was simply " it does not have to be. You do what you want "

Of course the main story is ultra violent with cursing every 2 words so no story missions were done. We climbed the mountains. Explored the town, went to the amusement park, played golf and tennis. Saw who could do the best stunt jumps, explored the ocean, went jet ski'ing. Tons of stuff outside of killing every soul. Found a way into the airport and went flying.

Game is incredible

Yeah, my son wants to see this game so bad, so I'm just exploring the city with him, doing stunt jumps and stuff.

So my girlfriends brothers bought the 360 special edition and they have to share one xbox amongst each other. Now they asked me if the blimp is bound to one account or that everyone can use it. I assume its only useable on one account but I dont have experience with all this Pre order bonus stuff.

It's tied to the Xbox, not just one account. My bro was able to use it on his account, but I redeemed the code on mine.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
I asked this earlier but didn't get a clear response:

Where in-game can I find access to the Social Club?

Gigarator

Okay guys, simple question that's probably been answered but man, there's a lot of pages to go through. So, is it possible to drive the trains in this game? I spent a long time last night trying to find one that wasn't in motion but had no luck. It's one of the things I was most looking forward to doing when the game finally landed but so far I'm starting to fear you can't actually use 'em.

Rizsparky

not my type of game, played it today for less than an hour... will prob never play it again. heres what i did?

set sat nav to golf club

drove like a drunk and ran over one person on route

pulled up outside the golf entrance

1 punch ko to a golfer outside the entrance door in slow motion

played 2 rounds of golf, went +2... then -2

not a bad golf game

Congrats, judging a game by minigames.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So right now I'm flying

I just increased the score of this game

Even further, that is

Fuck me

Ahasverus

I've stayed in the dark about this game but having only opted first 4 hours, I can't help but think that (possible spoiler/ theory on story)
that we have already met the games antagonist: Michael. Goes from petty robber to rich retired fool. Sure that backstory plus into people he has betrayed

Not quite but at the 4rh mark you're half right

I just played 7 hours straight yesterday with my family including my 2 1/2 year old watching for most of the time. Just an amazing game that is the simple fact of it. Had so much fun and never killed a single person due to everyone watching.

At one point my brothers girlfriend who was here even said " isn't this the ultra violent game where you gain points for killing people? I haven't seen one violent thing!! This looks really fun! ". Was amazing. My answer was simply " it does not have to be. You do what you want "

Of course the main story is ultra violent with cursing every 2 words so no story missions were done. We climbed the mountains. Explored the town, went to the amusement park, played golf and tennis. Saw who could do the best stunt jumps, explored the ocean, went jet ski'ing. Tons of stuff outside of killing every soul. Found a way into the airport and went flying.

Game is incredible
Awesome.

Alcander

I was never a huge fan of GTA, but man, this game is amazing so far. One of the earlier missions with
the yacht
was hilarious and awesome at the same time. Also the dialogue is legitimately funny -- I love it.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Xbox 360 GTA V install setup

250GB HDD: Forced install disc

16GB USB 3.0 Stick: Play disc (2) (pin to home)

Internal 4GB memory: Save files

Cross posting.

Make sure your asses buy a decent usb 3.0 stick. Game is ALOT more enjoyable now, no texture issues.

What stick do you recommend?

gonna have to invest in one i think whats the best one to use for xbox

On 360 or ps3?

Quoting for others, and to ask, someone recommend me a good USB 3.0 stick.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820313094

20-313-094-TS

Works flawlessly

Is there a 32gb version of this

20-313-156-TS

32GB version

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820313156

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Please don't ban me mods. This is not a story spoiler or anything, but people have said on the back of the map with the collectors edition is this message.

T.P.E - Trevor Philips Enterprises. Weaponry, narcotics, intimidation and casual wear.Lago Zan Cudo. Great ocean, highway north, through north chumash, 0.5 miles past Raton Canyon. <- when guard rail ends, follow the dirt road down the docks. Bring $500.000 cash. xxxxx

Make of that what you will...

Anybody hunted this down yet?

SRTtoZ

So how exactly do I "save" a car in my garage?

This is all guessing but whichever car you put into your house garage is the car that stays with you at all times unless you leave it somewhere on the street, whereas then you have to get it out of the impound for a small fee. For other cars that you want to keep, you can save them at any of the other big garages (check your map, ie: Vinewood Garage).

MMaRsu

After playing lastnight, turned off ps3, it didnt turn off normally, made 3 beeps then turned off.
Loaded gta 5, intro montage plays, then goes to the splash screens showing "loading story mode" hdd access light flicker for the first ten seconds then nothing, music still plays, icon keeps animated. but it stays here for the best part of 10 minutes so far, will leave it on for an hour and see what happens, have so far tried deleting install data, save data, profile data, special edition dlc data, no joy.

No GTA 5 for me :(

Try rebuilding the file structure of the ps3 and delete any gtav gamedata?

also FUCK CLOWNS lol

Whats the deal with additional safe houses... do they exist, can you buy them? I thought there was going to be purchasable homes & businesses in GTA V?

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
By the way, I swear I don't see any clothing stores on the map.

Do we need to hit a certain point or something?

Ataraxia

You let a 2 1/2 year old watch you play Grand Theft Auto? Did you obey all the traffic rules and not run through any red lights or make illegal left-turns? Kids can be very impressionable and may blame you if they fail their first driving test.

Atsumi

I assume popups are very minimal with the play disc installed on a fast USB?

From what I've been hearing, that's the case. I haven't been able to test it out myself yet.

EDIT: Also, I was playing last night and my dad came in. I was still on the prologue mission and my dad started shouting "THIS ISN'T A WAR GAME?! WHY ARE YOU KILLING COPS YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE THE GOOD GUY." Then he made fun of my game driving on Mission 1.

Telaso

Banned
Michael's encounter with the pro-marijuana campaigner was the second sign that this game was going to be almost too awesome.

I was worried that it would basically turn the game into Saints Row. Not saying this is a bad thing but I wanted GTA to be less over the top in terms of stupid, but the way Michael reacted after that was perfect.

I love this game so far.

void666

Banned
There are some clothes for sale at the weapon shop.
But what about clothing specific shops?
Like perseus from GTA 4. Maybe clothing stores don't show up in the mini map like barber and weapon shops?

red731

I am amazed. No need to turn PC on for a while.
Anyone knows when manual and chopagotchi will get their Android release?
Btw, I would like to have the music when you press start as a life Ost. Man... This game.

JLeack

Banned
Only like an hour or two into the game, but man ... the radio station options do nothing for me. Even the rock station I'm all "Meh" on. Seriously disappointing.

Same. I heard people say that it's incredible. I can't disagree more. I haven't heard a single song that I like. I just want to listen to electronic music!!

kaskade

Went to a strip club, got a dance, she invited me over, sexed her good, then she sent me a naughty picture to my phone. Amazing.

LkPr

PS3 question ... does anyone else's disk drive sound REALLY loud while this game is playing, specifically during like cut scenes?

Mine keeps making like "reading" noises (the noise a cd makes when it is being read.. specifically like on a PC) and it is making me kind of nervous.

Went to a strip club, got a dance, she invited me over, sexed her good, then she sent me a naughty picture to my phone. Amazing.
Damn I was wondering what would happen when the dancers "like" bar got full. I got up and left when I was 3/4 of a bar full because the game doesn't really explain what getting liked could lead to. Heading to the strip club ASAP when I get home.
Mine said "I'm not that kind of girl" when I asked her to go somewhere after I spent hundreds on private dances and even a double dance! Oh yea? WHAT KIND OF GIRL ARE YOU HUNNY!?
You know what you have to do, bro.

murder her to send a message to the other hoes in the club

SRTtoZ

Mine said "I'm not that kind of girl" when I asked her to go somewhere after I spent hundreds on private dances and even a double dance! Oh yea? WHAT KIND OF GIRL ARE YOU HUNNY!?

Leckan

Ok, this is a bit embarrassing but I don't own a smartphone nor a tablet.

Will I miss out on stuff you can get through the ifruit app or is there another way to train and pet Chop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom