• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juicy Bob

Oh. Yes.
XXBl7T3.jpg

Megasoum

Banned
Headphones are a good idea, not sure how I didn't think of that :\

Also, has anyone used this thing?

Use an XBOX 360 controller on your PS3

They aren't available on Amazon currently but they are available on Ebay. Anyone use one? The PS3 controller is just terrible imo and I would love to use my wired 360 pad instead.

I use something similar (I got this one)

It's works GREAT for GTA. Especially since the default bindings uses L2/R2 for shooting and driving which is great with a 360 controller.

I think the game is astounding thus far, I also think they've perfected the driving controls. They've made it possible to really feel like you're weaving in and out of traffic at break neck speeds like a crazed lunatic with awesome driving skills.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
As far as I know, there are scraps of paper lying about. Ride the tram up to Mount Chiliad and there is one right as you get off.

Funnily enough I was just up there and didn't see anything that looked obviously like a collectible. Where the parachute is, right? Probably just a matter of me not realising what teh collectibles are.

Then how the hell haven't I come across any yet? Are they just ridiculously well hidden compared to previous games or something? Or maybe the fact I don't know what they look like could be a factor. Maybe I went past some and didn't realise they were collectibles or soemthing.

Read my post above.

EDIT: NVM, you did. lol

It's really just a white piece of paper. You could have picked it up without realizing.

GavinGT

Banned
I'm so bummed right now.... I went and bought the game yesterday for my ps3 (og phat) and played it for about an hour...

Today I turn it on and the game loads up but stays on the loading screen for about 10 minutes..

I reset the system, turn it back on, now my ps3 won't read the disk..

I tried setting the ps3 back to factory settings, cleaning the disk, cleaning the vents, still won't read the disk..

Ahhhhhhhh, man this sucks.. The system is def out of warranty, I have no money to get it fixed... I just spent 60$ on the game...

And I barely have any miles on this system!!!!!!!!!!

Go on Craigslist and find someone to replace your Bluray laser. It'll cost you probably $50. Or its relatively easy to just order the correct lens and put it in yourself. You'll save like $20 that way.

Darkgran

The swearing in this game is really starting to bug me. Believe me I am not against swearing and do it myself but holy cow it is ridiculous....

For anyone on the 360 wondering how this works.. I have the install disc on my HDD along with my save. I then have the play disc installed on a USB and after 5 hours of playing last night it ran butter smooth. Made a big difference so if you have a USB install the play disc onto that.

The words "butter smooth" should never be used when describing this game.

Sanic

I feel stupid for asking but, uh, how do your surface after going underwater? Tried everything.

I've drowned twice already....

Then how the hell haven't I come across any yet? Are they just ridiculously well hidden compared to previous games or something? Or maybe the fact I don't know what they look like could be a factor. Maybe I went past some and didn't realise they were collectibles or soemthing.

also seems some of the most valuable are underwater

Nymphae

Banned
Is it possible to bunny hop with pedal bikes? I got on one and tried for like 5 min last night and couldn't figure out how.

If they took that out I am going to be super pissed, my favourite thing to do in SA was activate the bike jump cheat and see what kinds of crazy jumps I could take on weird angles and off buildings etc.

SRTtoZ

So I'm using the ifruit app on my iphone but I only see Franklin as a character to customize his car. Can you customize other players cars or just Franklin?

MMaRsu

Is it possible to bunny hop with pedal bikes? I got on one and tried for like 5 min last night and couldn't figure out how.

If they took that out I am going to be super pissed, my favourite thing to do in SA was activate the bike jump cheat and see what kinds of crazy jumps I could take on weird angles and off buildings etc.

R1 on a bmx bike.

Mzo

Pretty sure they tell you in the first bike riding mission. It's the right bumper.

I could be wrong, though, didn't really care enough to memorize it.

About that first Heist..

Man, you really have to pick your people right or at least try to do something daring if they mess up. I picked a cheaper gunman like others most likely did and lost out 1.5M since the guy dropped it after he crashed. Blows my mind that I could've actually picked it up or that Franklin has a chance to. From now on though, I think I'm just going to hire professionals instead of amateurs. Them's the breaks! Still walked away with a healthy cut for everyone.

If Online heists are anything like the singleplayer, it's going to be unreal.

You just made the wait to October 1 that much worse. I had no problem waiting til the game released, it's GTA Online that has me hyped beyond belief.

BFIB

Yesterday, played the story enough to get through the first heist. Just re-introduced
Trevor into Michael's life. Man, that Lazlow mission, fucking great!
. Today it is all about messing around in the city. Going to go to flight school as Trevor and taking Franklin to the gun range. Hiking up Mount Chilliad as Michael and roaming the beaches.

This game has so much to it, it is just mind boggling.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Yes. I can't remember what button it was but I did it yesterday. Just experiment with the buttons or maybe someone else here knows.

gazele

Banned
I played for about 3 or so hours last night. I completed a few story missions, and tooled around the city for a bit.

I think the thing about this game that blows me away the most is how accurately it apes Los Angeles. While I was playing last night, my wife was like, "Didn't we drive past that area? Isn't that where we live?" I felt the same way. The atmosphere just screams Los Angeles.

I'm disappointed that USC isn't in the game (or at least I haven't found it yet), I don't even think the colosseum is in there, haha

Overall, it is pretty great, although its funny that the hotel downtown is under construction when it was finished like 3 or 4 years ago, shows how long they've been working on the game

Just had a random encounter mission with 2 guys robbing a pharmacy and they ask me to be their get away. I do it and once I drop them off they cap the shit out of me....

:(

I saw the poor SOBs and figured it would be pretty easy. I was driving the Mustang clone that I had just acquired. I get midway through the 2nd intersection and am tboned by the fastest moving ambulance I've ever seen. I notice some steering issues and pan around, no flat tires or sparks. What the hell? Too many cops to stop and I didn't want it to mess up my chance to get paid. Alright now I can't turn left, great. A cop slams me in the rear bumper and I'm diverted toward a guardrail and some sort of post. I have now become stuck. I pan to the front of my car and notice my damn tire was locked in place from that ambulance collision. I get out in an attempt to find a new car but I am swarmed and die from bullets to the back from the police.

Sanic

use the analog stick to look up and then swim forward. you swim in the direction you are facing.

Weird, I mustn't have tried that for long enough. It looked like he was just bobbing around right below the surface. I'll give it a shot next time, thanks.

I'm so bummed right now.... I went and bought the game yesterday for my ps3 (og phat) and played it for about an hour...

Today I turn it on and the game loads up but stays on the loading screen for about 10 minutes..

I reset the system, turn it back on, now my ps3 won't read the disk..

I tried setting the ps3 back to factory settings, cleaning the disk, cleaning the vents, still won't read the disk..

Ahhhhhhhh, man this sucks.. The system is def out of warranty, I have no money to get it fixed... I just spent 60$ on the game...

And I barely have any miles on this system!!!!!!!!!!

Exact same thing happened to me when I just started The Last Of Us. Game freezes, you're forced to do a hard shutdown and when you boot it up your PS3 will never read a bluray again. My condolences. What I did was buy a 12Gb PS3 and used the old HDD

I'm not sure if this is accurate, but I remember reading that you can now listen to the radio while on foot from your phone? How do you do this? I haven't gotten far in the game at all so I still have the first phone as Franklin, so is it an upgrade?

I want to listen to Talk Radio but people keep trying to carjack me in the hood :(

A few other things

I love Franklin's special ability! It feels so awesome to be going 90-100 then weaving in between a slew of cars and coming out unscathed. Awesome addition !

The way that Rockstar makes this game world feel alive is just incredible. Case in point; I had just finished a freaks and strangers mission for this one woman. Franklin tells her after the mission that he is busy with some stuff and needs to get going. She gets on her cell and starts talking and I decide I want to stick around and listen to the conversation. When she wraps up the call, she notices I am still there and says "Didn't you say you had someplace to be ?" Wow! It's little things like this that just make this overall package shine.

That shows how rockstar is great at anticipating player actions and providing something for them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom