• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
You let a 2 1/2 year old watch you play Grand Theft Auto? Did you obey all the traffic rules and not run through any red lights or make illegal left-turns? Kids can be very impressionable and may blame you if they fail their first driving test.

lol

One of our attempts to climb a mountain was hilarious. Was talking this SUV up the trails and could tell the thing was struggling but kept at it. At one point the back tired slid off a ledge and from there just pure comedy. Was fighting and locking the brakes up but down it slides. Eventually it hits another ledge and there it goes end over end. I jumped out of the SUV and landed inches from a massive cliff. Watched the thing flipped and rolling down the hills and noticed a tree in its path. The thing slams hard into the tree and explodes lol. Everyone was just dying laughing and my daughter is going Ooo fireworks!!! Lol.

Then i tried to climb up on foot, took a selfie up against a majestic sunset only to notice while taking the selfie there was a cougar racing up behind me. Thus an epic chase ensued with me running from a cougar through the trails and woods trying to keep balanced and not go tumbling end over end down a mountain lol.

The little things that occur through just randomness is amazing.

I assume popups are very minimal with the play disc installed on a fast USB?

I haven't noticed any. But I also installed from the get-go, haven't played off the disk.

Well, I'm gonna go to Best Buy and get a USB 3.0 stick, now.

I don't think anybody is listening but I'm pretty sure the 360 isn't USB 3.0 compatible so the extra money spent on it will be a waste. 2.0 should work just fine. It can be the difference between $11.99 and $29.99 for what I've seen with prices.

Stuff with kid watching

Did you have it on mute? I'm just worried that our 8 year old will be sitting and watching me do taxi missions and somebody yells "mother fucker" or something.

antitrop

I don't think anybody is listening but I'm pretty sure the 360 isn't USB 3.0 compatible so the extra money spent on it will be a waste. 2.0 should work just fine. It can be the difference between $11.99 and $29.99 for what I've seen with prices.
This sounds logical and I appreciate the advice.

Eurogamer's DF article doesn't specify the type of USB drive, so I think 2.0 should be fine.

Just did [character spoiler]
Michael's
mission where he has to [initial premise]
take his son to the burger place
and [reaction to the events]
holy shiiiiit at the last part of the mission, I couldn't stop laughing. Kid's kind of a dick though.

Definitely like V's missions way more than IV's.

SRTtoZ

Michael's
holy shiiiiit at the last part of the mission, I couldn't stop laughing. Kid's kind of a dick though.

This right here is spoiler tags done right.

Do you have to purchase a car for it to stay in your garage? I stole a Feltzer that is beast, and currently have it in Franklin's garage. I've done a few missions and when i come back to the house, it's still there... If i take the car out and die, will i loose it?

Michael's

This type of spoiler tagging should immediately promote you to member.

SRTtoZ

Do you have to purchase a car for it to stay in your garage? I stole a Feltzer that is beast, and currently have it in Franklin's garage. I've done a few missions and when i come back to the house, it's still there... If i take the car out and die, will i loose it?

If you lose it chances are its at the impound lot. As long as you garaged it at some point you should be good. Also, you can take it to one of the big garages and save it there if you dont want to drive it.

breakfuss

Keep trying to send in my car order from my phone and it isn't working. Guess the social club is getting hammered. :(

EDIT: Nevermind, just went through! Woohoo.

If you lose it chances are its at the impound lot. As long as you garaged it at some point you should be good. Also, you can take it to one of the big garages and save it there if you dont want to drive it.

Thanks... follow up question, big garages? do those show up on the map?

SRTtoZ

Thanks... follow up question, big garages? do those show up on the map?

Yea, they are different for each character I think. If you play as Michael it shows up as Vinewood Garage, if you play as Franklin it shows up as another name. I went there and I had a Nissan GTR lookalike in there (not sure how it got there) and stored a few cars.

nikos

Michael's

HOLY SHIT @ THIS MISSION
Where Jimmy gives Michael drugs and he starts hallucinating like crazy

THIS GAME

One of the best missions in any game ever. I didn't want it to end.

Abdozer

PS3 question ... does anyone else's disk drive sound REALLY loud while this game is playing, specifically during like cut scenes?

Mine keeps making like "reading" noises (the noise a cd makes when it is being read.. specifically like on a PC) and it is making me kind of nervous.

This happens nonstop sometimes when I'm playing, really hope it's just a common thing.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Lol my 360 overheated and i got a flickering screen glitch, Had to turn off my 360 for 5 minutes and take a hoover to all the vents, It's been fine now for 5 hours.

Loudninja

Yea, they are different for each character I think. If you play as Michael it shows up as Vinewood Garage, if you play as Franklin it shows up as another name. I went there and I had a Nissan GTR lookalike in there (not sure how it got there) and stored a few cars.
Grove Street garage for Franklin.

Mastadon

Banned
Any tips on getting gold medals at the range for the
LMG challenges
? I've done the rest but can barely manage silver on challenge 2 + 3.

Weird question, but is there any way to delete a contact from your phone. I got a stripper's number and I don't want it on my phone anymore.
Are you worried your GF gonna see it or something? Lol I guess you can try killing the stripper see if her number disappears but I'd bet that won't be the case. Can't delete contacts.

hal9001

Banned
Loving the game so far, however I have to say that I am a bit disappointed in how fast you can go around the map with a plane. San Andreas felt bigger for some reason. Maybe its because its only one island (instead of multiple ones like SA) which gives this false sense of scale during traversal psychologically.

Tankshell

Guys, in GTAIV it was possible to get out of a car whilst leaving the engine and lights running by tapping the button, it was also possible to completely turn the engine off by holding the button down instead.

In GTAV they appear to have removed this functionality...

Anyone found a way?

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
What access exactly? Not entirely sure as I haven't yet messed around with the social club aspect as of yet. Maybe someone else can answer.

In RDR you could access the Social Club from inside the game on the start menu.

I can't find anything like that anywhere in GTAV and I ASSUME you should be able to do it in game as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom