• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grisby

Died a lot at Trevor's first deal. Think I'm gonna turn free aiming off. Couldn't see the white dot for shit in that mission.

What's the button to stealth hit a guy again? I got into the sneaking pose, held L2 and hit the square button and it didn't work.

not my type of game, played it today for less than an hour... will prob never play it again. heres what i did?

set sat nav to golf club

drove like a drunk and ran over one person on route

pulled up outside the golf entrance

1 punch ko to a golfer outside the entrance door in slow motion

played 2 rounds of golf, went +2... then -2

not a bad golf game

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Played a bit, it's great!

Also regarding xbox/install don't install, I installed disk one and it said 'insert disc 2' which I did, sometime later 'install complete' this is not what rockstar meant by 'don't install disc 2' right?

Won a street race, was cool, difficult as well

After playing lastnight, turned off ps3, it didnt turn off normally, made 3 beeps then turned off.
Loaded gta 5, intro montage plays, then goes to the splash screens showing "loading story mode" hdd access light flicker for the first ten seconds then nothing, music still plays, icon keeps animated. but it stays here for the best part of 10 minutes so far, will leave it on for an hour and see what happens, have so far tried deleting install data, save data, profile data, special edition dlc data, no joy.

No GTA 5 for me :(

MMaRsu

not my type of game, played it today for less than an hour... will prob never play it again. heres what i did?

set sat nav to golf club

not a bad golf game

cool so you didnt play any of the story?

not my type of poster.

Ahasverus

Has anyone completed (or played) the Epsilon missions? Are they worthy? I'm intrigued.

And I just fell for the Chilren of Mountain scam with Franklin lololol I was expecting a side mission not half of my funds raped you know?

Just asking again, whose mission do I need to do to unlock clothes?
None? You can change clother the first time you get to a safehouse

When does the money start to roll in. Last night I finished the
first heist mission
and managed to
break every jewelry case (20 out of 20) and make a clean escape without any of my crew dying or getting caught
... but i didn't get but a few thousand. What gives?

I'm now playing the first few
Trevor missions (no access to the other characters), and hope when i return to Michael and Franklin, the diamonds have been sold and i've got some real money to burn through

After playing lastnight, turned off ps3, it didnt turn off normally, made 3 beeps then turned off.
Loaded gta 5, intro montage plays, then goes to the splash screens showing "loading story mode" hdd access light flicker for the first ten seconds then nothing, music still plays, icon keeps animated. but it stays here for the best part of 10 minutes so far, will leave it on for an hour and see what happens, have so far tried deleting install data, save data, profile data, special edition dlc data, no joy.

which model? i haven't had any problems with the ps3 slim. i played it for a good 4'ish hours last night and played an hour this morning without any hitch. hopefully nothing happens in the future though ;x

also i played a round of tennis as well. can't wait to try that online with others?

Goddamn. I drove into a train tunnel, somehow ended up in the storm drain, then busted my car and had to run along the endless tunnel. So glad when I saw daylight... :lol

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I'm disappointed that USC isn't in the game (or at least I haven't found it yet), I don't even think the colosseum is in there, haha

Overall, it is pretty great, although its funny that the hotel downtown is under construction when it was finished like 3 or 4 years ago, shows how long they've been working on the game

LOL. Yeah, very true! I'm just so impressed by how "right" they got the feel of the city this time around. I remember thinking San Andreas felt so much like Los Angeles, and Vegas (never been to San Francisco), but GTAV is on a different level.

When does the money start to roll in. Last night I finished the
first heist mission
and managed to
break every jewelry case (20 out of 20) and make a clean escape without any of my crew dying or getting caught
... but i didn't get but a few thousand. What gives?

I'm now playing the first few
Trevor missions (no access to the other characters), and hope when i return to Michael and Franklin, the diamonds have been sold and i've got some real money to burn through

That is what happens

todahawk

HNNNG THATS SO AWESOME THIS FUCKING GAMMMEE

PRODUCTIVITY ACROSS AMERICA DOWN 5 MILLION %%%

So many little things in the game, just unbelievable... All the chatter from the NPC's. The one dude in Ammunation is insane. He's bragging to me about 'yep, you guessed it, employee of the month 4 times" or some shit. Commented about me knowing my weapons after snagging the assault SMG as well.

I stared down two punks in a trailer park... they were both hunched over in lawn chairs wearing wife beaters and they weren't bothering me but they were annoying me. got inches from the one guy and stared at him... and when he started to threaten me and swing i beat him to it... then KO'd his friend, stomped them and took their money. Fucking $40 between the two of them.

Nymphae

Banned
Have fun going down mt chilliad on your bike bro. Dont forget to load up the bike in the little cable car that goes up to the top :).

I can't wait to get on that mountain. I guess I could just you know, drive there, but I'm waiting until the missions take me out there. I like seeing the story before I go and do a bunch of crazy shit.

I drove up the smaller mountain in a sports car last night though, just wanting to see a bit more of the map before I went to bed, and I like how relatively easy it is to get cars up hills. Off roading in this game is a blast, I was going crazy fast over some hills and once I hit a main road drove into 3 cyclists as Michael yelled "Get out of the way!". Ah GTA.

todahawk

The silenced shotgun & desert giving me fantastic No Country for Old Men vibes.

the shotty silencer is next on my wish list... thought the exact same thing. perfect for my coastal crime spree. no psycho options to anton sugar it up but good enough for me.

But can you buy clothes? I can't see clothing stores anywhere.
What about tattoos?

i'm not far in mission wise (fucking around open world so much) but I could buy shirts, jackets and hats at AMMU*NATION immediately. not super stylish unless you're into brown, grey and camo but yeah

How do you make Chop happy? His happiness is at zero for me.

Also, my game keeps telling me 'Online service is disabled on your account', does this have to do with me not being on XBL Gold anymore, or is it because the servers aren't keeping up with demand? I can't upload pictures either.

But can you buy clothes? I can't see clothing stores anywhere.
What about tattoos?

As you do the first few missions things like clothes shops and tattoo parlours begin to appear on the map.

It's worth at least playing the story until the main characters are unlocked as that will give you more side activities to play with.

tbhysgb

Same thing for me, but reinstalling install data worked. Hope it's not recurring :(

FStop7

Banned
The first time I tried to take a selfie the game hard locked and I lost a decent amount of progress.

I almost wish that had been intentional, because it's a worthy punishment for taking selfies. Or even using the word "selfie."

set sat nav to golf club

not a bad golf game

WTH is this lol... Maybe FPS is more of your thing.

Omni

I spent 750k on a Maverick. If I just land it anywhere, will it show up at my helipad later on or do I have to land it at my helipad to keep it?

void666

Banned
You can buy clothes about 8 main missions in. Not sure about tattoos. They are still locked for me

Good.

I also hope there's a lot more options of hairstyles and beards.
I want a mustache for Michael. That along with a classy suit and he'll look like Winston "The Wolf".

Died a lot at Trevor's first deal. Think I'm gonna turn free aiming off. Couldn't see the white dot for shit in that mission.

What's the button to stealth hit a guy again? I got into the sneaking pose, held L2 and hit the square button and it didn't work.

The crosshair (or lack thereof) is a problem for me too.

I can't find that happy medium. If I turn free aim on then it gets frustrating not being able to see the dot during hectic situations. If I use auto-lock it gets clumsy snapping to guys I don't want to shoot and it's just very robotic and zero fun.

So yeah, I wish they'd give us a better crosshair.

Ferrio

Banned
Only like an hour or two into the game, but man ... the radio station options do nothing for me. Even the rock station I'm all "Meh" on. Seriously disappointing.

I was only able to interact with Chop one time in the game. Now he is at my house and I cannot get him to follow me for a walk, go anywhere with me or play fetch.

Is there a way to "activate" him? I cannot seem to figure it out. I am on Android so I will have to wait for the "app".

Thanks GAF, so much fun last night playing this game!

profit

So my girlfriends brothers bought the 360 special edition and they have to share one xbox amongst each other. Now they asked me if the blimp is bound to one account or that everyone can use it. I assume its only useable on one account but I dont have experience with all this Pre order bonus stuff.

I just played 7 hours straight yesterday with my family including my 2 1/2 year old watching for most of the time. Just an amazing game that is the simple fact of it. Had so much fun and never killed a single person due to everyone watching.

At one point my brothers girlfriend who was here even said " isn't this the ultra violent game where you gain points for killing people? I haven't seen one violent thing!! This looks really fun! ". Was amazing. My answer was simply " it does not have to be. You do what you want "

Of course the main story is ultra violent with cursing every 2 words so no story missions were done. We climbed the mountains. Explored the town, went to the amusement park, played golf and tennis. Saw who could do the best stunt jumps, explored the ocean, went jet ski'ing. Tons of stuff outside of killing every soul. Found a way into the airport and went flying.

Game is incredible

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
About that first Heist..

Man, you really have to pick your people right or at least try to do something daring if they mess up. I picked a cheaper gunman like others most likely did and lost out 1.5M since the guy dropped it after he crashed. Blows my mind that I could've actually picked it up or that Franklin has a chance to. From now on though, I think I'm just going to hire professionals instead of amateurs. Them's the breaks! Still walked away with a healthy cut for everyone.

If Online heists are anything like the singleplayer, it's going to be unreal.

Same thing, but afterwards Franklin said
that he picked up the dropped money, so I still got the full amount.

I'm not too far, but I was hoping we could plan random heists, doesn't seem to be possible at this point. At least online should make up for that though.

I was only able to interact with Chop one time in the game. Now he is at my house and I cannot get him to follow me for a walk, go anywhere with me or play fetch.

Is there a way to "activate" him? I cannot seem to figure it out. I am on Android so I will have to wait for the "app".

Thanks GAF, so much fun last night playing this game!

go buy him and hit the L2/LT button, a list of options should display in the upper left hand corner.

The crosshair (or lack thereof) is a problem for me too.

I can't find that happy medium. If I turn free aim on then it gets frustrating not being able to see the dot during hectic situations. If I use auto-lock it gets clumsy snapping to guys I don't want to shoot and it's just very robotic and zero fun.

So yeah, I wish they'd give us a better crosshair.

you can change this in settings

RE shotgun + silencer - interestingly guide mentions that silencer causes a slight drop in damage and range for shotgun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom